SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

PvP - Not getting ranked in new season

Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:04 am
Background
A new season of PvP is upon us in just a few hours. The last two seasons I have tried really hard to *not" get ranked in the new season. Sometimes I just don't want to be on the PvP merry-go-round (as I've put in other threads recently). I used to be able to do those Warlord and Battle Pass tasks via skirmishes in Clans Domination (therefore being able to sit out a season of PvP if I chose to do so).

Help please
Any help on how to *not* get ranked would be appreciated.

A small qualifier
Obviously not playing any PvP at all (including skirmishes in Dom) will most probably work - although I have (once before) somehow got ranked in the third week of the season without playing any skirmishes or PvP matches (but let's park this as an isolated incident). To be clear, I'd like to hear from anyone who knows how to get away with not getting ranked in PvP but still playing skirmishes in Dom. 

Experience
As an example, the screen pic attached shows what happened last season: the fifth Dom skirmish I did (a win btw) got recognised in my PvP battle log (1. annoying. 2. that's not meant to happen, or is it?)... then I got the 'you've been promoted to xyz league' screen. A similar thing happened in the previous season but I had a number of revenges (on me - which occurred in the new season) sitting in my battle log to complicate things also. I acknowledge the game has been a little screwy lately - but I'd like to hear what the (up-to-date) secret to *not* getting ranked is (if anyone has it).

References
I tried looking up the in game documentation on this subject - the half a sentence I found does not adequately answer the question. Also, before posting, I did my usual scan through the forums (to make sure the specific topic hasn't already been covered relatively recently) and can offer up the following (somewhat dated) references:

viewtopic.php?f=2031&t=624551

viewtopic.php?f=2031&t=672816
Attachments
Screenshot_20210111-115644.png
Screenshot_20210111-115644.png (1.28 MiB) Viewed 487 times
Player name: SnipeyMcSniperFace / DT: a78d2d5b / Android / Server: APA / Been playing SF since UPD6 (Aug 2016) & every day since Nov 2016 / I'm a Gameloft customer not employee / I find unannounced SF changes annoying.

In April
 2021, Gameloft announced their intention to close these forums by June 2021: I am *extremely* disappointed by this news. I hope Gameloft invests in improved communication with players *in the game* itself now this forum is closing.

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

SnipeyMcSniperFace wrote:
[snip]

References
I tried looking up the in game documentation on this subject - the half a sentence I found does not adequately answer the question.

Ok. I confess to typically adding a little sarcasm when it comes to in game documentation, but in this case I wasn't making the bit up about half a sentence. This is all there is (that I can find):

"SEASON END
After the league's reset ... ... you will have to play a match to get ranked again."

Yes there's some implication therein, but it's not clear about how to definitely not get ranked at all.

See screen pic attached.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210206-153458.png
Screenshot_20210206-153458.png (979.59 KiB) Viewed 483 times
Player name: SnipeyMcSniperFace / DT: a78d2d5b / Android / Server: APA / Been playing SF since UPD6 (Aug 2016) & every day since Nov 2016 / I'm a Gameloft customer not employee / I find unannounced SF changes annoying.

In April
 2021, Gameloft announced their intention to close these forums by June 2021: I am *extremely* disappointed by this news. I hope Gameloft invests in improved communication with players *in the game* itself now this forum is closing.

no avatar

mich62

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Re: PvP - Not getting ranked in new season

Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:51 pm
at start of season dont do any pvp. if you get hit on the odd occasions let it go
it will drop you down next level anyway
most players will not have your base come up

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:46 am
For the record...

Played 21 Clans - Domination - Skirmishes (all wins).
The 21st win appended to my PvP battle log.
I'm now ranked in PvP for this season.

I will test this again over the next two seasons to see if I can repeat this situation - three times in a row. I'll then test what happens if I lose a skirmish to see if it makes any difference. Might then go to update the "Game thresholds" post.

See screen pic of battle log.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210215-104313.png
Screenshot_20210215-104313.png (1.28 MiB) Viewed 397 times

In April

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:49 am
For the record...

Played 21 Clans - Domination - Skirmishes (all wins).
The 21st win appended to my PvP battle log.
I'm now ranked in PvP for this season.

I will test this again over the next two seasons to see if I can repeat this situation - three times in a row. I'll then test what happens if I lose a skirmish to see if it makes any difference. Might then go to update the "Game thresholds" post.

See screen pic of battle log.

Corresponding ranked screen that I got immediately on completion of the 21st skirmish. Time and dates in file name.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210215-104242.png
Screenshot_20210215-104242.png (1.34 MiB) Viewed 396 times

In April

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:17 am
[snip]

The 21st [skirmish] win appended to my PvP battle log.

[snip]

I will test this again over the next two seasons [snip]

For the record....

Played 20 skirmishes (all wins).
20th match appended to PvP battle log.
Voila! Got ranked.

See screen pics in this post and the next post (times and dates inherent in file name).

Best part about it this time was that the player I won against was able to revenge.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210311-103456.png
Screenshot_20210311-103456.png (1.27 MiB) Viewed 218 times

In April

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:20 am
 [snip]

For the record....

Played 20 skirmishes (all wins).
20th match appended to PvP battle log.
Voila! Got ranked.

See screen pics in this post and the next post (times and dates inherent in file name).

Best part about it this time was that the player I won against was able to revenge.

Accompanying screen pic showing revenge.

And, yes, I do understand that what I labelled here as a 'revenge' may have been a coincidence.

[Edit March 28, 2021. My trophy count just got reset to 500 and I am unranked, so I may have the opportunity to run more tests in this space sooner that I thought. Reference:
viewtopic.php?f=2031&t=658934&p=4136666#p4136666
]
Attachments
Screenshot_20210311-142514.png
Screenshot_20210311-142514.png (1.24 MiB) Viewed 198 times

In April