SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Speculation

Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:49 am
rwmbts wrote:
What has happened to any new events? No one seems to know

A change is as good as a holiday
I'll assume you're talking about exotic weapon events....I don't mind that there haven't been any for a while. Time to use the weapons we have and slow the arms race down a little bit. Makes sense, in my opinion. A couple of weeks off isn't such a bad thing - is it?

Prospecting
The rest of these comments are purely speculative and are most probably completely incorrect....

A new normal exotic weapon template
The last exotic weapon event (single stage) went for 14 days (i.e. extended period of time beyond the normal 11 days). We had different chapter timing, altered (arguably easier) upgrade requirements / milestones for the weapon, etc. Maybe a new normal was just trialled and we're not due for another exotic weapon just yet? If Gameloft are slowing things down a bit (i.e. similar to the last exotic weapon event) and this is the new normal then I'm kinda ok with that.

Getting on top of errors
From Gameloft's point of view, there's been a significant number of errors in rollouts of exotic weapon events over the last 12-18 months. The SM awarded as the prize from the VD before last hasn't been awarded to those who won it yet either. It can't be fun (or inexpensive) having your customer service system clogged with systemic or routine issues. Maybe they just need to catch up with everything.

Eliminating the causes of problems
Perhaps a Quality Management Professional finally stepped up, costed the situation and encouraged the developers to take a deep breath, learn from past mistakes and put some meaningful action in place which significantly reduces the risk of the same errors recurring. I don't mind waiting for the next weapon event if it means they're going to get it right.

Don't panic MCXXVIII Captain gear is coming soon
Maybe
 the art team colouring in the next exotic weapon event RPG and drawing the XXVII Captain gear ready for the Master Packs are having extended leave this year.

Reading these forums
Maybe the developers have been told it's time to read through these forums to take a look at all the suggestions from their customers and now they're working away in the background to implement some of them?

Playing catch up for a fresh start
Perhaps all the developers have been told it's time to get on the front foot and they're working in customer service for the months of January and February 2021, in an attempt to clear the massive backlog so that by March they can hit the ground running with world's best practice response times.

Doing what needs to be done
Maybe the team are working on updating and publishing the in-game user documentation for SF.

Recharging the psychologically archaic machine
Maybe the psychology team that manages our gaming addiction (and governs the FOMO factors) has finally taken a breath and realised that they need to measure the effectiveness of their actions (by making us players go cold turkey for a few weeks) and observing how we react.

Pipelines and pandemics
Last guess... There's a pipeline for these events that starts months before they land in front of players. Take a look at Romania's Covid lock-downs and numbers chart then do some simple time maths and it's not hard to see why Gameloft may want to slow things down a little.

;) :D .
Player name: SnipeyMcSniperFace / DT: a78d2d5b / Android / Server: APA / Been playing SF since UPD6 (Aug 2016) & every day since Nov 2016 / I'm a Gameloft customer not employee / I find unannounced SF changes annoying.

In April
 2021, Gameloft announced their intention to close these forums by June 2021: I am *extremely* disappointed by this news. I hope Gameloft invests in improved communication with players *in the game* itself now this forum is closing.

no avatar

jpeterson12

Windows PC

Re: Events

Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:41 pm
Lack of an Exotic event has made this task in Battlepass a bit difficult to complete.
Attachments
craft.png
craft.png (58.58 KiB) Viewed 423 times

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Con S Piracy is in da houzzzz

Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:51 pm
jpeterson12 wrote:
Lack of an Exotic event has made this task in Battlepass a bit difficult to complete.

Now you've gone and opened a can of worms... ;) ....

Some of those conspiracy theory types of players might call this a deliberate plot to get players to spend up rubies and real money on weapons for sale in the shop, or to shell out for Battle Pass Premium, or to force you to pay for the auto-complete.... Somehow, in a single line non-explanatory post, this would be easily extrapolated to conclude the pay to play / pay to win model. (I'm having a bit of fun here btw)
Attachments
Screenshot_20210202-211837.png
Screenshot_20210202-211837.png (1.18 MiB) Viewed 403 times
Player name: SnipeyMcSniperFace / DT: a78d2d5b / Android / Server: APA / Been playing SF since UPD6 (Aug 2016) & every day since Nov 2016 / I'm a Gameloft customer not employee / I find unannounced SF changes annoying.

In April
 2021, Gameloft announced their intention to close these forums by June 2021: I am *extremely* disappointed by this news. I hope Gameloft invests in improved communication with players *in the game* itself now this forum is closing.

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Off topic: Old habits die hard

Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:11 am
Off topic....

Note: For the record (wanted to tuck this in somewhere in case its needed for future reference)....

The weapons shown in the pic (attached to the post above this one) did not have three (or four) Rnn numbers displayed, but, they were advertised as good for the next three regions (see screen pic attached to this post).

I hate to sound negative here, but, I've fallen for that one before.

Back on topic (somewhat): It's difficult to speculate that Gameloft are going to sunset SF when weapons for the "next three regions" are on offer..
Attachments
Screenshot_20210202-211809.png
Screenshot_20210202-211809.png (1.92 MiB) Viewed 389 times

In April

no avatar

jpeterson12

Windows PC

Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:00 pm
My error. I thought this was related only to exotic weapons. Upgrading a weapon with  parts instead of cash qualifies.
Attachments
error.png
error.png (69.28 KiB) Viewed 370 times

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

We got a new event!!!

Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:36 am
You heard it here first!  8-)  (There was part of me that was pulling a leg when I wrote that first reply in this thread btw).

So... Looks like 14 days for the entire event and 4/9/14/19/24 (parts required per upgrade per level) is the "new normal"?  For those who missed it....

viewtopic.php?f=2031&t=711608&p=4118496#p4117612

"A new normal exotic weapon template
The last exotic weapon event (single stage) went for 14 days (i.e. extended period of time beyond the normal 11 days). We had different chapter timing, altered (arguably easier) upgrade requirements / milestones for the weapon, etc. Maybe a new normal was just trialled and we're not due for another exotic weapon just yet? If Gameloft are slowing things down a bit (i.e. similar to the last exotic weapon event) and this is the new normal then I'm kinda ok with that."
Attachments
Screenshot_20210208-211416~2.png
Screenshot_20210208-211416~2.png (979.1 KiB) Viewed 343 times

In April

Next Exit

Apple (iOS)

Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:18 pm
I have updated to 5.8.1 and this error is still not resolved. 
Now evident in 'Tokyo Nights'.
Attachments
29BCE3AA-5D96-4BF3-9EBB-1CB164D7B7B6.jpeg
29BCE3AA-5D96-4BF3-9EBB-1CB164D7B7B6.jpeg (183.64 KiB) Viewed 279 times
"Blowed up! He blowed up real good! . . . Real good!"
                - Farm Film Report SCTV
                      (Check YouTube)

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:32 pm
Next Exit wrote:
I have updated to 5.8.1 and this error is still not resolved. 
Now evident in 'Tokyo Nights'.

Got exactly the same thing happening.

The worst part is that when restarting and going back in the packs show the "get" tag but the ones that hung on opening do not yield three Collector pieces to inventory.

I've learnt to do a restart just before I open Supreme Packs in the 3 slots in the event.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210210-212657.png
Screenshot_20210210-212657.png (1.12 MiB) Viewed 266 times

In April