no avatar

Killer_Rabbit

Windows PC

A follow up. I have since obtained the Sun Warrior Helmet from gear packs. I bought 8 and opened another 2.  I had some time ago opened enough to get all the low level gears.  So as Snipey mentioned its possible.  Given time and enough gear boxes.
p)
Just so GL doesn't have to ask:
Dogtag: fh06g62e
Server: eur
Language: English
Computer: Windows 10 (updated) Acer Aspire
internet: Charter (cable)
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Killer_Rabbit wrote:
A follow up. I have since obtained the Sun Warrior Helmet from gear packs. I bought 8 and opened another 2.  I had some time ago opened enough to get all the low level gears.  So as Snipey mentioned its possible.  Given time and enough gear boxes.
p)

Well there's some good news.

All good things come to those who wait? Or maybe: all good things come to those who get addicted to the game, continue to grind, then get enthused enough to shell out some rubies?

Either way - glad to hear you got it.
Player name: SnipeyMcSniperFace (was 'Snipe' temporarily in 2021) / DT: a78d2d5b (was a78d2d5) / Version: Android / Server: APA / 1. ​Been playing SF since UPD6 (Aug 2016) & every day since Nov 2016 / 2. I am a Gameloft customer not employee / 3. I find unannounced SF changes annoying / 4. I value privacy so I am not on Facebook / 5. I do not take cosplay selfies dressed in latex as SF characters like Val or Daisy, etc. (no matter how cute it would be!)

Decker

Veteran

Windows PC

Exotic weapon event - March 8-?? 2021

Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:52 pm
Well looks like it's been rolled out with the previous 24 parts required for the very first upgrade AGAIN, who would think they could make the same rowlox of things yet again!

To the folks at GL - there's this thing normal people do, if it's broken you either fix it or throw it away, don't keep flogging it to death in the hope it will magically fix itself (that's refered to as dillusional)...
Turns out I wasn't just old and grumpy - I was right to be p!ssed right off!
Dog Tag: f8f16c
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Luck Barrage ~ March 2021

Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:20 pm
Decker wrote:
Well looks like it's been rolled out with the previous 24 parts required for the very first upgrade AGAIN, who would think they could make the same rowlox of things yet again!

To the folks at GL - there's this thing normal people do, if it's broken you either fix it or throw it away, don't keep flogging it to death in the hope it will magically fix itself (that's refered to as dillusional)...

Lucky Barrage does not seem so lucky thus far....

Not worth a new thread?
I noticed what you mentioned too. Didn't think it was worth a new thread either. So funny: last event: 4/9/14/19/24 - this event it starts with 24. I did the first upgrade, next level parts requirement is 31 - so maybe 38/45/52 thereafter. See comments below for some speculation (point 1.).

Maybe worth a new thread?
I think someone might start a new thread on this weapon soon because I have now had 5 occasions where I can't kill an enemy because of their proximity to a wall (or other obstruction). The projectiles go into the wall (or whatever) and are not killing the target. The mission timer times out with an enemy left to kill. Can't guide the projectiles at all - doesn't matter where the weapon is pointing, in certain situations they keep following the same path towards the target and therefore keep hitting the same obstruction. I've learnt now to save the barrage (button) function (Tough Bunny gear equipped) in case it's needed.

Something needs unthreading
My fave points (in summary):
a. Auto targeting does not always mean the target gets hit (see above)
b. Parts are needed to upgrade the scope - the weapon doesn't seem to have a scope (i.e. no zoom magnification slide bar at the side)...
c. No zoom slider means no way to activate thermal - why upgrade the thermal function if it can't be activated?
d. No zoom slider and self targeting projectiles kinda negates the need to upgrade stability.

Is there a thread of logic in the house?
So... 3 out of the 4 attributes to be upgraded probably won't deliver any benefit other than weapon number (mathematics) to get over the line to win the weapon. I think the mag capacity may be upgraded by most first. Minds greater than mine have cooked up this logic.

Cross threading speculation
1. Maybe the new normal is POS weapons have 4/9/14/19/24 with 30 hour chapter timers and others (perhaps less dust gathering weapons) have 24/31/etc with the 30 hours? Perhaps someone has de-FOMO'd the event such that POSs are easier to obtain than the others?
2. Speaking of FOMO... One exotic weapon event per month (roughly) with 30 hour chapter timers might be the new normal too. Not too upset by this (as posted elsewhere).

Edit: For the record: Updates required are 24/31/38/45/52 (this was the requirement at the end of the event).
Attachments
Screenshot_20210309-093550~2.png
Screenshot_20210309-093550~2.png (1.89 MiB) Viewed 210 times
Player name: SnipeyMcSniperFace (was 'Snipe' temporarily in 2021) / DT: a78d2d5b (was a78d2d5) / Version: Android / Server: APA / 1. ​Been playing SF since UPD6 (Aug 2016) & every day since Nov 2016 / 2. I am a Gameloft customer not employee / 3. I find unannounced SF changes annoying / 4. I value privacy so I am not on Facebook / 5. I do not take cosplay selfies dressed in latex as SF characters like Val or Daisy, etc. (no matter how cute it would be!)
no avatar

Corporal Kiwi

Windows PC

Well here we are, another POS, looking at the stats, it's going to be a dust gatherer from day 1. Hate too say it, but this is the number 3 weapon that I am going to pass on. Good luck to to all that chase this one

Decker

Veteran

Windows PC

It's just an upgraded Quad Barrage, and the upgrade requirements are just too much for something that is not very controllable and will more than likely be confined to the gun cupboard!
Turns out I wasn't just old and grumpy - I was right to be p!ssed right off!
Dog Tag: f8f16c
no avatar

Corporal Kiwi

Windows PC

Re: Exotic weapon event - Jan 11-25, 2021

Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:09 pm
What is the requirement to complete the event??
Is it a minimum of 99 packs @ 8 per day or 214 packs @ 16 per day, the latter is just plan ridiculous and maybe an attempt by GL to phase out the events side of the game
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Re: Exotic weapon event - March 2021

Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:59 am
Corporal Kiwi wrote:
What is the requirement to complete the event??
Is it a minimum of 99 packs @ 8 per day or 214 packs @ 16 per day, the latter is just plan ridiculous and maybe an attempt by GL to phase out the events side of the game

We won't know the precise answer to that question unless we 'play through' the chapters to the end of the event. Note here: I'm not prepared to be the canary in the coal mine to cough up the rubies (for the dodgy skip timers and the upgrades), at this point in the event - but here's some relevant information....

Number of upgrades required
My guess (based only on me not having an upgrade requirement prior to starting Chapter 1 - Mission 4) is that this is an event that requires 10+1 upgrades to successfully finish (not a fully upgraded weapon).

Parts required per upgrade
I asked a reliable player (via GC) if they had been on Discord to find out what was going on. The report back was that Gameloft were "aware of it". So my guess here is that Gameloft may make some adjustments (as they have done, more often than not, in the past when this sort of thing has occurred with exotic weapon events).

In the interim
My suggestion would be keep hammering Chapter 1 - Missions 1 to 4, store the parts and do not do any weapon upgrades until we see if Gameloft changes anything. Can't hurt doing this anyway (you'll just save yourself any back-buffing pain anyway).

Weapon usefulness suspicions
Decker is right, Lucky Barrage is a de ja vue weapon (to the best of my memory). To add to this, there have been other weapons with auto-targetting projectiles that have had similar targeting issues. I've tried to find the old threads on this topic but time is not on my side at the moment. I want to note here also that the cyclical rate of fire of this weapon is painfully slow, reload might frustrate me and the semi automatic trigger is mildly annoying too, in my opinion.

Reported two (possible) bugs
For the record I cross referenced these posts and dropped a (potential) bug report here:
viewtopic.php?f=2031&t=658934&start=860#p4129900
Attachments
Screenshot_20210310-095808.png
Screenshot_20210310-095808.png (1020.03 KiB) Viewed 144 times
no avatar

Corporal Kiwi

Windows PC

Thanks Snipey,
Once again on the ball, I'm just just racking up parts and not opening any stored packs. Will wait and see what plays out, I am not going to waste any stored packs on this one.
What would be nice is if GL would state  at the start of an event what the requirements are and not just "compete the event to win the weapon".
Something along the lines of :- complete 10 weapon upgrades or fully upgrade the weapon, at least then you would know what you are signing up for. because there is a hell of  lot difference between a 99 min Pack requiremnt v 214 Pack requirement.
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

In-game documentation (don't start me)

Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:16 pm
Corporal Kiwi wrote:
Thanks Snipey,
Once again on the ball, I'm just just racking up parts and not opening any stored packs. Will wait and see what plays out, I am not going to waste any stored packs on this one.
What would be nice is if GL would state  at the start of an event what the requirements are and not just "compete the event to win the weapon".
Something along the lines of :- complete 10 weapon upgrades or fully upgrade the weapon, at least then you would know what you are signing up for. because there is a hell of  lot difference between a 99 min Pack requiremnt v 214 Pack requirement.

Agree completely.

I'm a big advocate for accurate, helpful, in-game documentation. Whilst there have been minor improvements in this regard in some places in the game, unfortunately in-game documentation is not one of SF's strengths - in my opinion. Pity it isn't given more attention, because it could save players alot of pain, improve confidence in the product and may even save Gameloft some money. Maybe by the end of the next 5 years of SF (at the ten year anniversary) we will some improvements in this regard.

Some other comments:

1. There are some among us who believe that ommision of such details is deliberate - a part of the mystery of whether to invest or not - all bundled up in the designed FOMO psychology that these events trade on. I'm not one who shares this view entirely, but I can understand where their suspicion comes from.

2. Developing good up to date accurate doco (especially across multiple languages and platforms) can be seen to be a cost rather than an investment.

3. The in-game link to customer service (a simple URL cut'n'paste) still isn't updated. This prolonged in-action (of a simple document update task *in the game*) speaks volumes, in my opinion.