Next Exit

Apple (iOS)

So I have tried the fully loaded Cato Frozen in PVP. Using either 'Wasp' or 'Rufus' (the only two gears I have with Swift affinity). Even with AP turned on, it is rather drawn out trying to complete a match. I have been failing, usually on the timer run out. This in particular when going up against a squad of all #10's or #10's with a couple of #11's thrown in the mix. I have also thrown in a couple of boosts as shown in the photo. But nothing is consistently leading to victory.
I guess there is a better gear set to match to the affinity out there. Or my technique/ strategy is to blame. It has happened before☺️
Attachments
A807D1A9-EDCE-430B-9C19-35D6439FF4B3.jpeg
A807D1A9-EDCE-430B-9C19-35D6439FF4B3.jpeg (105.06 KiB) Viewed 220 times
"Blowed up! He blowed up real good! . . . Real good!"
                - Farm Film Report SCTV
                      (Check YouTube)
no avatar

eXandeR

Windows PC

Easy takes out the base with 11* with Valor or Sun Warrior gears.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (336.75 KiB) Viewed 210 times
Dogtag: f896ehd
Language: English
Computer: Windows 10 (updated), i7 6700K, SSD, DDR4 64GB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
Internet 100 Mb/sec
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

eXandeR wrote:
Easy takes out the base with 11* with Valor or Sun Warrior gears.

Agree. I first tested it with Tough Bunny with SW headgear (only because I'm lazy and couldn't be bothered changing more gear over in my preferred presets). It's been ripping through 600m-700m+ bases pretty well.
Player name: SnipeyMcSniperFace (was 'Snipe' temporarily in 2021) / DT: a78d2d5b (was a78d2d5) / Version: Android / Server: APA / 1. ​Been playing SF since UPD6 (Aug 2016) & every day since Nov 2016 / 2. I am a Gameloft customer not employee / 3. I find unannounced SF changes annoying / 4. I value privacy so I am not on Facebook / 5. I do not take cosplay selfies dressed in latex as SF characters like Val or Daisy, etc. (no matter how cute it would be!)
no avatar

Killer_Rabbit

Windows PC

Most players probably dont have the Sun warrior helm unless they have been playing for many years.  I have been on here over 2 years and it was only available prior to my time.
  So saying that a weapon is good because its fine with the SW helm is not helpful for most.  Even a fairly weak gun is good with 999% boosted head shots.  But unless they bring that helm back thats not really a valid point for most.
Just so GL doesn't have to ask:
Dogtag: fh06g62e
Server: eur
Computer: Windows 10 (updated) Acer Aspire
internet: Charter (cable)
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Re: Exotic weapon event - Jan 11-25, 2021

Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:16 am
Killer_Rabbit wrote:
Most players probably dont have the Sun warrior helm unless they have been playing for many years.  I have been on here over 2 years and it was only available prior to my time.
  So saying that a weapon is good because its fine with the SW helm is not helpful for most.  Even a fairly weak gun is good with 999% boosted head shots.  But unless they bring that helm back thats not really a valid point for most.

Point taken regarding validity of comparisons - I accept that feedback gracefully, thank you.. My weapon testing methods - in Test Defence - are pretty well posted about on these forums (so I didn't want to bore anybody by going over old ground as a caveat basis for the post).

There's a post about Sun Warrior (SW) availability here:
viewtopic.php?f=2031&t=695729&p=3911075#p3911029

...and (at the time) I had not had the SW headgear drop - see my response to the above post here (in the same thread):
viewtopic.php?f=2031&t=695729&p=3911075#p3911075

To explain: I didn't get SW headgear until reasonably recently (it was in the latter part of 2020) - I just never had it drop until then (and I've been playing for over 4 years). I posted about this too before the time it dropped for me - because it seemed like everyone else had it except for me. So...

I disagree that Sun Warrior (SW) was only available prior to 2 years ago - unless there's a difference between the Windows version and the Android version of some other factor has changed that I'm not aware of here.

Have you checked the list of available gear parts (for SW) in Gear Packs? Has it disappeared? Do you recall seeing it in there since the post referenced above?
Player name: SnipeyMcSniperFace (was 'Snipe' temporarily in 2021) / DT: a78d2d5b (was a78d2d5) / Version: Android / Server: APA / 1. ​Been playing SF since UPD6 (Aug 2016) & every day since Nov 2016 / 2. I am a Gameloft customer not employee / 3. I find unannounced SF changes annoying / 4. I value privacy so I am not on Facebook / 5. I do not take cosplay selfies dressed in latex as SF characters like Val or Daisy, etc. (no matter how cute it would be!)
no avatar

Killer_Rabbit

Windows PC

Wow I had forgotten that post. I discounted gear packs due to the low chance of getting one that way, and didn't mention the cellstrike because that one was 10 tickets which I assume is a fair amount of $. I only get the gear pack from BP and once every 8 days from pvp. Plus I stopped playing for the better part of last year so I did lose time working on it. So to adjust what I said there is a chance of getting it. But only after spending lots of $ and saving the tickets (and hoping it shows up in Cellstrike again). Or by opening an untold number of gear packs. The gear packs drop the lower value gear first and to me it seemed unending, and as you mentioned they add more gear to those as well. Cheers
Just so GL doesn't have to ask:
Dogtag: fh06g62e
Server: eur
Computer: Windows 10 (updated) Acer Aspire
internet: Charter (cable)
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Re: Exotic weapon event - Jan 11-25, 2021

Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:02 am
Killer_Rabbit wrote:
Wow I had forgotten that post. I discounted gear packs due to the low chance of getting one that way, and didn't mention the cellstrike because that one was 10 tickets which I assume is a fair amount of $. I only get the gear pack from BP and once every 8 days from pvp. Plus I stopped playing for the better part of last year so I did lose time working on it. So to adjust what I said there is a chance of getting it. But only after spending lots of $ and saving the tickets (and hoping it shows up in Cellstrike again). Or by opening an untold number of gear packs. The gear packs drop the lower value gear first and to me it seemed unending, and as you mentioned they add more gear to those as well. Cheers

Thanks for the adjustment.

SW headgear comment
There are many players out there that have their eyes firmly planted on getting the elusive SW headgear - I didn't want their hopes, dreams and aspirations to be shattered thinking that It had disappeared. :???:  Sure it's a remote chance (depending on where you're at in the game) - but it is still there.

... I also want to add a couple more points to the above....

Another source of Gear Packs
A good source of Gear Packs at the moment, in my opinion, is the Arena. There are 6 Gear Packs on offer in the Arena every season (one pack per division climbed). Energy is unlimited in the Arena at the moment, so at the very least (even if you don't win matches) there is at least one gear pack sitting in there waiting to be farmed if you want it. Note here you have to complete the requisite number of matches (I think it's 20 from memory - I might be wrong it may be 40 I just can't remember right now) to get the end of season rewards.

Top 3 in Arena yields 10 Gear Packs
See screen pic attached to this message. Another of the possibilities worth mentioning as a source of Gear Packs.

Gear pieces everywhere
My position on gear pieces (and some notes on where I was at with SW headgear not that long ago) is captured here:
viewtopic.php?f=2033&t=695931
... and another relevant thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=2031&t=695703
The short story with the above two threads is: I am not a fan of gear pieces being in Master Packs. 

Abundance or shortage of Gear Packs
If you've got time, this thread covers responses relating to an abundance of Gear Packs:
viewtopic.php?f=2031&t=698427
See thread reference viewtopic.php?f=2031&t=695729 in my response to you above also.

Keeping everyone happy ain't easy
Some players have an abundance of unopened Gear Packs and they don't seem happy about it. Conversely, other players have a shortage of Gear Packs and they don't seem happy about it. Such is the nature of SF and all of us being at different levels of progress through the game.

The point
Other than shelling out rubies for Gear Packs (or getting them through the PvP Ponzi scheme or BP - as you pointed out), my point here is that:
a. I did get SW headgear after 4 odd years of playing, and
b. Gear Packs can be farmed, and
c. that it is possible to get all of the parts in there - it just takes considerable time.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210125-103614.png
Screenshot_20210125-103614.png (868.96 KiB) Viewed 149 times

Next Exit

Apple (iOS)

Unfortunately for me I never acquired SW headgear nor do I possess 'Valor'.I find with 'Rufus' the rifle sits at *175m.With 'Wasp', the rifle delivers *162.5m. The best rating on the rifle has been *250m with 'Tough Bunny, but hey. . . Wasp has that gold look so I AM close; and I am sure my aim will improve in time. So no worries. As David Wooderson said "alright, alright, alright" 😁
SnipeyMcSniperFace 

that it is possible  to get all of the parts in there - it just takes considerable time.

Speaking of time, my five year anniversary playing this game🤩 is coming in a few months maybe someone in the back room of GL will let slip an opportunity for the gamers to spend some rubies on SW headgear or maybe even the whole outfit. Woohooooo!
"Blowed up! He blowed up real good! . . . Real good!"
                - Farm Film Report SCTV
                      (Check YouTube)
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Valor MIA
I checked. I don't have "Valor" gear either. Not surprisingly because there are lots of other gear sets that I do not have - particularly those that came out exclusively in Master Packs and have never been put on sale anywhere else in the game.

Gear in Master Packs when it belongs in Gear Packs
The special drops in Master Packs have always been a little too expensive for my budget - and it hasn't worked several times on occasions when I have used it - so I'm not typically in a hurry to gamble in there unless I have to. I always seem to yield 7* SMs from Master Packs too - so unless the gear is really good (and there's a decent VIP event running in parallel) I tend to save my rubies and therefore miss out on the gear.

SW headgear - hopes and dreams
I don't think SW head is going to go on direct purchase for rubies anytime soon - it's too much of a carrot sitting in Gear Packs for those who don't have it. I've now opened all the Gear Packs I possibly can and it was the third last piece to drop before there was nothing left to drop. 

[Edit: Added Gear Pack Ponzi scheme screen pic so we have one somewhere in these forums.]

In other news...

StW records for this event
For those who are following it: StW records for this event have been finalised and are captured here:
viewtopic.php?f=2031&t=702771&p=4104930#p4104930
Attachments
Screenshot_20210211-103157.png
Screenshot_20210211-103157.png (1.26 MiB) Viewed 95 times
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Minimum Arena matches to get a Gear Pack

Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:04 pm
SnipeyMcSniperFace wrote:
Killer_Rabbit wrote:

Thanks for the adjustment.

[snip]

Another source of Gear Packs
A good source of Gear Packs at the moment, in my opinion, is the Arena. There are 6 Gear Packs on offer in the Arena every season (one pack per division climbed). Energy is unlimited in the Arena at the moment, so at the very least (even if you don't win matches) there is at least one gear pack sitting in there waiting to be farmed if you want it. Note here you have to complete the requisite number of matches (I think it's 20 from memory - I might be wrong it may be 40 I just can't remember right now) to get the end of season rewards.

[snip]

See screen pic. Confirming it is 20 matches for end of season rewards.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210211-085116~2.png
Screenshot_20210211-085116~2.png (1013.46 KiB) Viewed 97 times