no avatar

BhargavSaka

Windows PC

Re: Hi, everybody! :) Discord much?

Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:59 pm
Hii Lina,

Issue at glance: I am not able to login into game from past 21 days. My game is crashing at 64% while loading.
BTW i am player on Windows platform APA server

Background:
Please have some patitence to read my long story

It all started when I left my clan and joined in a clan names V.J on 09-01-2020 around 10pm IST. Right after clicking the Join clan button, My game crashed. Since then when ever i tried to login, it started crashing at 64%. I raised a ticket then. So, I thought this crashing is due to joining in clan V.J. After many unsuccesful attempts i was able to  logged in on 15-01-2020 for the first time after joining in V.J, when i logged in, the clan section shows the massage  "unable to retreive clan data please try again" without any delay i moved to a public clan "Openclan UWP", after joining in that it started showing the clan HQ and all other clan related data. 

After some time my game freezes then i have to close SF, again when i tried to open the game the same error occured i.e, crashing at 64%. Daily i was opening SF for atleast twice a hour  but not able to logon into game. 

Again I raised a fresh ticket on 15-01-2020 and i got response from Customer care for this fresh ticket. Shared my crash files to the executive and explained the problem i'm facing. By the hardwork of CC Executive i was able to logon to my game for 4 to 6 times on 19-01-2020. Later, again the game starts crashing. I was not able to login again from then, But my last active is showing as 1day 6hrs ago.  On 20-01-2020 customer care executive informed me that Developer team is working on a fix and update will be rolled out soon!

At last the most awaiting update rolled out on 25-01-2020 i updated the game, after update it crashed at 100% trice and again it started crashing at 64%. CC executive stopped replying my mails from 20-01-2020.  

It is really frustating to stay away from our game for such a long period. I was playing this game for more than a year. Its been 10 days i received any mail from Customer care. 

So, I decided to post a thread in Gameloft forum. Please resolve my issue or see another alternative options like merging account or something like that.

Player Details:
Dogtag: bd8hdd
Platform: Windows
Server: APA server

Ommited Info:
  1. I have reinstalled my game several times
  2. I had a very good network connectivity
  3. I have also tried logging in many other devices, All of those are crashed 
  4. The game is working fine when it is loading with another dogtag number ( the one system allocates to us at after re installing but before backing up our account.

taz28

Veteran

Windows PC

Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:48 pm
I do not invite you to go to the "Discord" which is not really official, when we read ""
What a GM is
We are players, same as everyone else here.
We are NOT employees of Game Loft.
We are here to help get issues addressed, give advice if we know it, or find someone who can
We CAN NOT provide gifts, rubies, holo's or anything else like that.
So please, do not come in here demanding we fix the game, we can not. We can make sure an issues is know,and we will escalate unresolved tickets from the game.
We do not ban or in ban players. We do not hand out chat warnings or bans.  :) :) :)

This discord server is a community of players, it is owned and run by a player. Not Game Loft

Please respect everyone here, and don't swear at others"

taz28

Veteran

Windows PC

Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:36 pm
That all
Attachments
2021-04-16.png
2021-04-16.png (328.03 KiB) Viewed 360 times
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:56 am
taz28 wrote:
That all

Thanks for sharing Taz. I'm going to use this screen pic in a few places in these forums. I will credit you when doing so. 

Gameloft have also provided advice here:
viewtopic.php?f=2027&t=713650

I don't really care what technology Gameloft uses to replace these forums, as long as:
a. all players can access it, and,
b. it is linked / mentioned *in the game*.

Interestingly, Gameloft does not appear to promote a commercial arrangement with Discord (that I could find) nor are they actively engaged as a "partner" with Discord (best I could tell from the Gameloft website, Discord website and a third party research tool we use here where I work to locate commercial interests). This may explain why there is no link to the Discord server *in the game*, at this point in time, and it also might go a long way towards explaining why no one from Gameloft has come into these forums to say (clearly and decisively) something like: "Go to 'here' for the official forums replacement" because they might not be permitted to (and it sounds like Discord is an interim the way I read Lina's post - see link above). So, your earlier post, presenting the information that shows that the GMs are running Discord, kinda makes sense when I think about it - it's a convenient work around.

To be fair, perhaps negotiation of commercial arrangements are in progress (or will stay in the background) and (rightly so) we won't have visibility to them until the time comes. I'm fairly certain Gameloft know that Microsoft are actively out there trying to acquire Discord. I've dealt with MS is the past, my suggestion would be that someone somewhere in Gameloft would be doing an applicable commercial risk assessment of this activity - especially given their ties to Amazon (Google "Gameloft and Amazon" and it won't take long to read this). It's one thing to be a member of the public - an individual using community software for free, but it's another to be an international organisation using those tools to assist with products (which also them implies to support revenue).

Access to Discord and Facebook are an issue in some parts of the world. I have a couple of my colleagues giving me advice on a VPN solution to give players (particularly in this part of the world) an option to at least get to Discord if they want to. The biggest challenge I see is needing to get a logon just to read stuff - this puts many players off.

Meanwhile we wait for the final alternative to these forums. I do hope Gameloft manage the transition effectively. I would also not like to see the information repository here lost - there's a lot of work herein that helps many players on a daily basis (and they don't need to log in to get to it - they just use Google and it finds the help they are looking for) - Gameloft taking that away (even if it's just a 'read only') does not make any sense whatsoever to me at this point in time.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210417-201538.png
Screenshot_20210417-201538.png (846.25 KiB) Viewed 311 times
Player name: SnipeyMcSniperFace (was 'Snipe' temporarily in 2021) / DT: a78d2d5b (was a78d2d5) / Version: Android / Server: APA / 1. ​Been playing SF since UPD6 (Aug 2016) & every day since Nov 2016 / 2. I am a Gameloft customer not employee / 3. I find unannounced SF changes annoying / 4. I value privacy so I am not on Facebook / 5. I do not take cosplay selfies dressed in latex as SF characters like Val or Daisy, etc. (no matter how cute it would be!)

Decker

Veteran

Windows PC

Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:28 pm
Mr Flibble says "Game Over Boys!"
Turns out I wasn't just old and grumpy - I was right to be p!ssed right off!
Dog Tag: f8f16c

Punisher2

Windows PC

Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:15 am
good evening lina, that link for sf discord seems to now be invalid as i have tried it, and getting no joy from that link. you may need to generate a new link.
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:01 am
Punisher2 wrote:
good evening lina, that link for sf discord seems to now be invalid as i have tried it, and getting no joy from that link. you may need to generate a new link.

Try....

https://discord.gg/qu4vmNX

(Source: A player who got it off the SF Facebook page and sent it to me.)
Player name: SnipeyMcSniperFace (was 'Snipe' temporarily in 2021) / DT: a78d2d5b (was a78d2d5) / Version: Android / Server: APA / 1. ​Been playing SF since UPD6 (Aug 2016) & every day since Nov 2016 / 2. I am a Gameloft customer not employee / 3. I find unannounced SF changes annoying / 4. I value privacy so I am not on Facebook / 5. I do not take cosplay selfies dressed in latex as SF characters like Val or Daisy, etc. (no matter how cute it would be!)