Ferret

MVP

Google Play (Android)

United Kingdom

Adv Pradeep Soni wrote:
not only My base spin wheel not working rather all the spin wheels and the ad videos were not working since many days, how the game loft will compensate the loss we get from the problem.

Have you reached the in game cash threshold? If so you will no longer get advertisments until you drop below the threshold again.

Bear in mind adverts are not served by GL, they are served by regional providers so if your regional provider has no ads (or your ad settings are too strict) you may not get adverts. 

The base spin wheel is still very much in testing phase and the team are aware its not providing as many ads as hoped to many players.
no avatar

sillybilly

Veteran

Windows PC

yes, really great it spun yesterday but bad news it stopped today, back to drawing board
Sniper Fury DT fd3ef9hf

“Bawbag {bɒw-bæg}/noun, disparaging form of address to describe an ignorant, obnoxious, or detestable person (esp. a man)

FlameDogg

Google Play (Android)

I have had no adds no rubies no tokes no spin wheel forever. It is almost normal but the wheel to give out rubies works just fine.

Go figure
Dog Tag edhf889d
Just my honest opinions and I own them.

no avatar

scubadive1

Windows PC

f6564e8b

Ferret - what would that threshold be?  Is there anywhere that all of the limits are documented?
Have you reached the in game cash threshold? If so you will no longer get advertisments until you drop below the threshold again.

I'm same as flamedogg - spins for rubies work, but that's usually about it.
f6564e8b
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Game limits and thresholds

Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:45 am
scubadive1 wrote:
Ferret - what would that threshold be?

Cash limits / threshold
I'm confident Ferret is referring to the cash levels.
Cash maximum is 2,140m
Cash threshold (if you want videos to work) is ~2,100m

Videos and the threshold
In my experience, the game gets a bit wobbly with anything to do with videos once you get up towards 2,100m cash. If applicable, get / keep your cash below (say) 2,075m, then do a restart, and video opportunities (if they were greyed out) should reappear within a couple of minutes. As an example: My cash is currently at 2,118.2m and the attached screen pic is what I see. If I want that to change I must spend some cash (Combat Packs, weapon upgrades and the Black Market are about the only places that it's possible to spend cash) to get the cash level down below the threshold of ~2,100m. Keeping it below that level is optimal - if it hovers above then below then back above again then expect some delay before all the video opportunities get back to normal availability.

One out or all out
Again in my experience, when the cash threshold is reached, when one video is not possible typically all of them aren't possible (unless you're waiting for a cool down timer or you have already watched all the video opportunities you had). For example: The five free rubies per video opportunity is provided only 5 times in one day. If you have already watched 5 videos and got the 25 rubies then that opportunity (only) will be greyed out but the other opportunities may still be possible. If they are all greyed out all the time then cash is looked at then if that doesn't do the trick something else needs to be looked at.

Video / ad availability
Recently we have observed Windows players having challenges and reduced opportunities with the recently introduced spin the wheel functions - but - please also note that we have also observed (regardless of the platform you are playing the game on) that there are a number of other variables that can impact how many advertisements you can be served. Some of these are mentioned in this thread and other very recent threads. Also be aware that video ads have problems from time to time. Short story here is that there can be multiple layers of fault finding to be done (and most of these are out of the control of the player).

Be prepared to wait
Sometimes it takes up to 5 minutes (after restarting the game) for video opportunities to become available (this includes spin the wheels in my experience) - often all of the opportunities don't become available at the same time. Sometimes I can watch the screen (attached to this message) for a minute (or so) and observe them one by one become available (not greyed out). It's rare, but it does happen, that I will watch (say) an Arena token video then when I get back to the screen (attached to this message) some of the other video opportunities are greyed out but they were not greyed out before I watched the Arena token video. 

References
There have been threads on the cash threshold in the past. There have also been recent threads covering advertisement availability. If I get some time I'll find some links and drop them in here.

Other game limits
There were a number of other limits that were in the game some time back but these are mostly gone now. Other than 2,140m / ~2,100m cash (see above) here are some others in no relevant order:
Arena Tokens: 20,000
Gold Vault: varies dependant on base level
Gold (un-vaulted) Cache: varies dependant on base level
Level cap: Prestige 10
Mission energy: 250
Arena 'Consumables': 99
Slow-mo consumable: 99
Piercer consumable: 99
Spotter consumable: 99
Weapon upgrades: As marked
Clan base / structures: 20
Squadmate upgrade level: 10
Squadmate threshold: 1,500*

Comments on above list
To the best of my experience none on the above will impact whether or not videos play (only the cash level impacts videos in my experience).
There are also a whole bunch of things that I could list above too, but let's leave these out of the scope of this post - for example, I haven't gone into detail on:
a. weapon level locking, or
b. how the Black Market costs are calculated as a percentage of your vault / linked to your level, or
c. how rewards/drops change when currencies / consumables are maxed.
d. how rewards/drops change when the SM threshold is exceeded.
e. time limits
f. Warlord tasks
g. Arena consumables (there's 4 of them and they are currently capped at 99 like other consumables).
h. Arena Tickets - if there is an upper limit I don't know it (10 tickets is the stock replenishment limit but I have managed to watch videos continually to get it to 14/10) Note: If anyone else knows this limit please let us know).
i. Limits that become "unlimited" when a VIP membership is purchased.
j. How many unopened battle packs can be stored.
k. If you are unranked in a PvP season (i.e. you have played no PvP matches since the end of the last season) and you play 20 skirmishes (skirmishes are played in Clans - Domination) then you will be automatically ranked on the current PvP season.

Current only at the time of publishing
Of note also is that limits in the game are changed and expanded from time to time (often without notice)... so the above list might not be current in (say) 6 to 12 months time.

Squadmate threshold
* The SM threshold is not an upper limit to how many SMs you can have, however, pack drops will change once this threshold is reached - in my experience.

Is there anywhere that all of the limits are documented?

No there isn't - is the short answer. Gameloft may well have this in their documentation somewhere but they do not publish it all in one nice easy to find place - to the best of my knowledge.

Not a strength of this game
Gameloft (in the Sniper Fury product anyway) don't tend to publish alot of helpful information or change advice *in the game* in my experience. They kinda mostly leave you to figure it out for yourself (the hard way) or comb through these forums to find some helpful information. Personally I find this frustrating as it adds a layer of unnecessary inefficiency to the whole game experience. It's annoying to be left guessing as to whether or not your game has a fault or if it's just designed that way (particularly when pack drops start changing and there is no where that tells you what you are going to get in lieu of something else).

References
There have been threads on this topic in the past - if I remember I'll find a link and drop it in here.

Fairness caveat
Just because I find the lack of information frustrating and inefficient does not mean that others find it frustrating. To be fair, playing this game you do tend to figure out most of the limits out pretty quickly when you hit them - because things in the game start to change or, the number doesn't increment upwards any further, or videos stop being available, or the game tells you your vault isn't big enough so you need to upgrade your base level first, etc. In-game splash ads for events and weapons can also be (loosely) considered to be providing information and the number of little "i' icons in the game and abstract diagrammatic tutorials - which contain some information - has increased more recently.

Closing comments
The information above really isn't complete - I could have put so much more into this post - but I think that will do for now.

Hope this response helps. Forgive me if it's stating the obvious and I've bored you with something you already knew. I'm sure someone will find some of it useful.
Attachments
Screenshot_20200719-205557.png
Screenshot_20200719-205557.png (1.04 MiB) Viewed 342 times
Player name: SnipeyMcSniperFace (was 'Snipe' temporarily in 2021) / DT: a78d2d5b (was a78d2d5) / Version: Android / Server: APA / 1. ​Been playing SF since UPD6 (Aug 2016) & every day since Nov 2016 / 2. I am a Gameloft customer not employee / 3. I find unannounced SF changes annoying / 4. I value privacy so I am not on Facebook / 5. I do not take cosplay selfies dressed in latex as SF characters like Val or Daisy, etc. (no matter how cute it would be!)

Ferret

MVP

Google Play (Android)

United Kingdom

Since early Saturday there have been widespread advert issues.

For some players (myself included) there are no ads, for others, there are unlimited ads.

Team are aware.

Its a step forward from Friday however when half of the internet sites went down after a cloudflare outage. Everything from my home server to discord, to a fair few online games and major websites :D
no avatar

scubadive1

Windows PC

f6564e8b

Thanks for all the information, Snipey - very helpful and appreciated!
f6564e8b
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Android - Google sign on options

Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:01 am
scubadive1 wrote:
Thanks for all the information, Snipey - very helpful and appreciated!

You're welcome.

I recognise you're a Windows player, but, while I'm here (just to add some new information to what I posted above)....

Scope of information
The information below covers one Android / Google Play possiblity to change current outcomes being experienced (and perhaps - not definitely because I have not tested it myself - also via Google "Play Games" because I am told that the two are linked to a Google account).

Advertising can be linked to location
For the benefit of Android version players (using Google Play Games to log on)... We are fairly confident now (supported by just under a year of comparisons and observations across more that 19 countries) that where you physically are can impact what type of advertising and how many advertisements are available to you. If you think like an advertiser then this makes perfect sense - for example: there may be very little point in me seeing repeat advertisements for a hot-dog (wurst) for sale on Frankfurt railway station in Germany if I am a vegan located in Antarctica.

A possible alternative
Most times, when there isn't a pandemic weighing on us, I move around for work. A work colleague who also moves around (more than I do) recently told me about what they do with their children's accounts when they relocate longer term - this (reportedly) overcomes some issues associated with location and their games. The attached screen pic gives enough of a hint (and associated warnings/limits) for those interested in pursuing / trying such matters.

Windows equivalent / disclaimer
I do not know if:
a. there is a Windows equivalent to this (potential) convenience that Google has, and/or
b. this would be effective to solve a lack of advertising issue (recently observed), and/or
c. there would be adverse impacts on Sniper Fury connectivity or game play or profile / progress record integrity if this changeover is attempted (noting also that I don't know enough about it yet to provide advice on this - I have not tried it myself and I do not intend to).

Location is not the only variable
Note: There can, in my experience, be multiple layers of complications with ad videos and the whys & why nots, etc. This post only covers one possibility (i.e. location) that might work - noting that a year is a long time to wait if it all goes wrong and you want to switch it back (see screen pic).

My position on advertising
I'm quite happy to watch as many advertisements as are provided to me - so long as I get something tangible for my efforts that I can use in the game. I am not against advertising at all - because it is partly responsible for paying the some of the fun we have in this game.

A courtesy note to moderators
I'm conscious that Gameloft may be uncomfortable with this post because it is highlighting a potential opportunity for players to circumvent legitimate targeted advertising. If it is decided to remove this post accordingly then I completely understand and won't take it personally.
Attachments
Screenshot_20200721-104712.png
Screenshot_20200721-104712.png (416.98 KiB) Viewed 305 times
Player name: SnipeyMcSniperFace (was 'Snipe' temporarily in 2021) / DT: a78d2d5b (was a78d2d5) / Version: Android / Server: APA / 1. ​Been playing SF since UPD6 (Aug 2016) & every day since Nov 2016 / 2. I am a Gameloft customer not employee / 3. I find unannounced SF changes annoying / 4. I value privacy so I am not on Facebook / 5. I do not take cosplay selfies dressed in latex as SF characters like Val or Daisy, etc. (no matter how cute it would be!)
no avatar

Paishome

Windows PC

East Coast, USA

On Windows platform and lucky if I get a spin once a day ...
Everyday is a good day!

p)  

Decker

Veteran

Windows PC

Dropped to 1 a day for last few days, which is annoying in a game that's changed to being a collect stuff one from something that was completely different...
Turns out I wasn't just old and grumpy - I was right to be p!ssed right off!
Dog Tag: f8f16c