no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Pacifier - Alien Sky exotic event

Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:43 am
See attached screen pic. If anyone needs an explanation of what's wrong here let me know.

Warning: Do not try to update the weapon at this stage.

Here we are again
I was truly optimistic, during the last exotic weapon event, that we had gone past the errors with exotic weapon event roll outs. Unfortunately, here we are again.
Attachments
Screenshot_20200706-203308.png
Screenshot_20200706-203308.png (1009.47 KiB) Viewed 549 times
SnipeyMcSniperFace / DT was a78d2d5 now a78d2d5b / Android / Server: apa / 1. ​Been playing SF since UPD6 (Aug 2016) and every day since Nov 2016 / 2. I am a Gameloft customer not employee / 3. Sometimes I find it annoying when SF changes / 4. I value privacy so I am not on Facebook / 5. I don't take cosplay selfies of me dressed in latex as SF characters like Val or Daisy, etc. (no matter how cute it would be!)

David Workman

Veteran

Windows PC

Old bug, Restart usually fix's.
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

David Workman wrote:
Old bug, Restart usually fix's.

Thanks David, but it still looks the same after a couple of restarts.

Just tried to do an update of the weapon again. This time it didn't take the gold, do no update to the weapon and crash the game. This time it gave the attached screen pic.
Attachments
Screenshot_20200706-211555.png
Screenshot_20200706-211555.png (904.24 KiB) Viewed 541 times
SnipeyMcSniperFace / DT was a78d2d5 now a78d2d5b / Android / Server: apa / 1. ​Been playing SF since UPD6 (Aug 2016) and every day since Nov 2016 / 2. I am a Gameloft customer not employee / 3. Sometimes I find it annoying when SF changes / 4. I value privacy so I am not on Facebook / 5. I don't take cosplay selfies of me dressed in latex as SF characters like Val or Daisy, etc. (no matter how cute it would be!)

The Marksman

Sniper Fury Game Master

Google Play (Android)

Was same for me on mobile platform but appears to be sorted now. Do you still have this problem?

The marksman
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

The Marksman wrote:
Was same for me on mobile platform but appears to be sorted now. Do you still have this problem?

The marksman

Woke up this morning and all looked well.

Thank you MM.

Edit:
However, every other time I have started the game this morning it looks like the event has disappeared. See screen pic. Will keep trying and come back here to edit this message if anything changes.

Further edit
This problem with the event seems intermittent. Sometimes it is there and other times it's not. I'm also experiencing intermittency with laying Spec Ops, Clans area of the game and buying stuff from the Black Market. Might just sit back and wait it out.
Attachments
Screenshot_20200707-072332.jpg
Screenshot_20200707-072332.jpg (350.54 KiB) Viewed 473 times
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

SnipeyMcSniperFace wrote:
The Marksman wrote:

The marksman

Woke up this morning and all looked well.

Thank you MM

[Snip]

Further edit
This problem with the event seems intermittent. Sometimes it is there and other times it's not. I'm also experiencing intermittency with laying Spec Ops, Clans area of the game and buying stuff from the Black Market. Might just sit back and wait it out.

Original problem has returned. Screen pic.

The game is all over the place at the momemt (circa ~1800 to ~2300 GMT July 6, 2020).

Will wait it out.
Attachments
Screenshot_20200707-084020.png
Screenshot_20200707-084020.png (1.04 MiB) Viewed 467 times

joulesvern

Peacemaker

Windows PC

I have it even after a couple of restarts...there is always the uninstall/install option that I could try (only works if your game is "pinned" to a social media account where GL retains your status and position in the game)
Attachments
sniper_aliensky_opps.JPG
sniper_aliensky_opps.JPG (149.84 KiB) Viewed 459 times
I think we're going to need a bigger body bag.... a)  
no avatar

Corporal Kiwi

Windows PC

Looks like GL have learnt nothing from the last event fiasco.

STW is not working again. well done GL
no avatar

Don H.

Windows PC

Well done GL, you have surpassed yourselves this time. Not only does STW not work but you can not upgrade a weapon due to a **** up in the programming there as well.
You should just shut the event down, go back to basic programming and testing, and get it right before you release something that just makes you look completely incompetent.

David Workman

Veteran

Windows PC

Starting to happen to me now. Took multible restarts to get it working right. STW still dose not work as well.
Attachments
Screenshot (68).jpg
Screenshot (68).jpg (227.74 KiB) Viewed 447 times