no avatar

Corporal Kiwi

Windows PC

Still looks like Android get all the goodies.
Today 3 Spins :- Mag 25 Rubies 2500k
All over Rover
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Re: Exotic weapon events - Spin the wheel

Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:39 am
Corporal Kiwi wrote:
Still looks like Android get all the goodies.
Today 3 Spins :- Mag 25 Rubies 2500k
All over Rover

Hey CK. Do you have the 10 minute reduction time videos available?

If you do, be wary - the function is doing Decker's favourite bug again (i.e. says free when not actually free).
Attachments
Screenshot_20210310-115110.png
Screenshot_20210310-115110.png (1.22 MiB) Viewed 287 times
Player name: SnipeyMcSniperFace (was 'Snipe' temporarily in 2021) / DT: a78d2d5b (was a78d2d5) / Version: Android / Server: APA / 1. ​Been playing SF since UPD6 (Aug 2016) & every day since Nov 2016 / 2. I am a Gameloft customer not employee / 3. I find unannounced SF changes annoying / 4. I value privacy so I am not on Facebook / 5. I do not take cosplay selfies dressed in latex as SF characters like Val or Daisy, etc. (no matter how cute it would be!)
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Executive summary

"Gunpoint MK1, 2 & 3" exotic handheld weapon
Three stage event
Stage 1: "Stranded" (April 1 - 8, 2021)
Stage 2: "Mirage" (April 8 - 15, 2021)
Stage 3: "Dubai Eclipse" (April 15 - 22, 2021)
Date range: April 1 - 22,  2021

Notes / Comments
a. All the normal (common to every event) qualifiers and other notes are deliberately not repeated in this post - please see above in this thread for these.
b. This thread is about the Exotic Weapon Event Spin the Wheel function only. There are other threads commenting on reward based video advertisement opportunities. There are several other threads on the challenges with this event more broadly and the weapons. One of them is here:
viewtopic.php?f=2031&t=713250
c. The event appeared to be rolled out error free initially, however, different platforms and some players experienced errors in relation to the compulsory Stage 2 entry requirements versus those documented - see above thread reference for details. There was also an error with the critical hit damage bonus being incorrect in the MK2 weapon. There was also a significant amount of dissatisfaction with the difficulty in upgradimg the weapon completely in Stage 3 (in order to complete the event).
d. Event details:
i. Stage 1 chapter timers were 15 hours, upgrades (milestones) were required at the beginning of mission 1 (chaps 2 to 10) and again at chap 10 miss 5, upgrade parts requirements per level were 4/9/14/19/24.
ii. Stage 2 chapter timers were 15 hours, upgrade milestones were not noted by me for this stage, upgrade parts requirements per level were 9/14/19/24/29.
iii. Stage 3 chapter timers were 15 hours, upgrade milestones were not noted by me for this stage, upgrade parts requirements per level were 9/31/53/75/97. Gameloft provided all players with a 72 hour deputy operator and 35 packs (15+20) to assist with completing this stage. A number of players cited not being able to finish the event without significant expenditure due to the relatively high upgrade parts requirements of Stage 3.
e. The name of the overall three stage event changed with every stage - as such I have identified this event by date and included each of the stage names above. The overall branding of these three stage events remains an inconsistency.
f. The resetting of video watching and spin opportunities was just after ~ GMT 0001 daily this time round.
g. The ten minute reduction timer video opportunity was available periodically throughout the event. The reliability of this function is sometimes annoying - details are not recorded here.
h. Instances of "The transaction could not be completed. Please try again later" (Ttcnbc.Ptal) have again been significant and provide a source of mild frustration. Watching a video then nothing happens (or a count is recorded but the corresponding action does not occur) is a theme throughout the entire game - not just isolated to EWE StW.
i. The last summary of StW results can be found here:
viewtopic.php?f=2031&t=702771&p=4145906#p4145906
j. One theory on how to possibly improve StW yields can be found here:
viewtopic.php?f=2031&t=702771&p=4079976#p4079976
k. It is widely recognised that there is a difference in both yields and spin opportunities across different platforms and from player to player - this is why I keep doing these posts.
l. A statement from Gameloft on the variability in advertising (and therefore StW opportunities) can be found here:
viewtopic.php?f=2031&t=702771&p=4138682#p4138690

Data summary
Total spins: 234
Spin batch sizes (in order of occurrence): 4, 7, 6, 5, 3, 8, 9, 2, 11, 11, 9, 10, 11, 11, 11, 11, 11, 11, 11, 11, 7, 11, 10, 11, 11 & 11 

Items spun
Item: Drop Qty
Gold: 95 
Supreme Pack: 21 
Rubies: 10
Clip: 22 
Electronics: 21 
Muzzle: 23 
Plasma core: 11  
Scope: 29 
Blank: 3  

Ttcnbc.Ptal: 71 
Pwwttibp!: 0  

Post last updated
This post was updated periodically throughout the event - last update:
April 22, 2021 ~ 0525 GMT
Attachments
Screenshot_20210415-103336.png
Screenshot_20210415-103336.png (1.31 MiB) Viewed 123 times
Player name: SnipeyMcSniperFace (was 'Snipe' temporarily in 2021) / DT: a78d2d5b (was a78d2d5) / Version: Android / Server: APA / 1. ​Been playing SF since UPD6 (Aug 2016) & every day since Nov 2016 / 2. I am a Gameloft customer not employee / 3. I find unannounced SF changes annoying / 4. I value privacy so I am not on Facebook / 5. I do not take cosplay selfies dressed in latex as SF characters like Val or Daisy, etc. (no matter how cute it would be!)

GWD

Veteran

Windows PC

The response from GL to the direct question of why different platforms have a different number of spins. (Good luck deciphering it.)

"The no. of spins is linked to the no. of ads and the support each platform offers for these. So this hasn't been corrected because it's not a bug. It's just dependent on system limitations, ads campaigns, different country restrictions for ads etc. It's not a bias towards one platform or another, it's something that can differ from user to user. I can make a note of expressed desire to get more spin. From a technical stand point it's not something that can be evened out, but maybe we can think of something in the long run."
Just so GL doesn't have to ask:
Dogtag: f82cd4e, Server: EUR
Language: English
Computer: Windows 10 (updated), i7 6700 @ 3.40GHz, Alienware Aurora, DDR4 32GB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
ATT Internet 50 MB/sec

Decker

Veteran

Windows PC

the function is doing Decker's favourite bug again (i.e. says free when not actually free)

Just ONE of my favorites Snipey  p)  in the group of how GL robs players, other groups exist!

GWD that explaination does (for once) make sense, ad programs (from experience) do vary for platform and location so for (I think) the first time I can forgive GL for this one!  I'm now a sad bunny  ^-^  damn them.
Turns out I wasn't just old and grumpy - I was right to be p!ssed right off!
Dog Tag: f8f16c
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

GWD wrote:
The response from GL to the direct question of why different platforms have a different number of spins. (Good luck deciphering it.)

"The no. of spins is linked to the no. of ads and the support each platform offers for these. So this hasn't been corrected because it's not a bug. It's just dependent on system limitations, ads campaigns, different country restrictions for ads etc. It's not a bias towards one platform or another, it's something that can differ from user to user. I can make a note of expressed desire to get more spin. From a technical stand point it's not something that can be evened out, but maybe we can think of something in the long run."

Got to agree with Decker on this on GWD. This does make sense (and it accords reasonably closely with my speculation in this thread and other posts on this specific issue). It is interesting that they mentioned that it "can differ from user to user". There's layers of complexity in modern targetted digital advertising that fit well within what Gameloft has stated here. From their point of view: it's probably seen to be working rather well.

A small sample group I know, but it's all I've got: Three of my work colleagues play SF. Two on iOs and the other on Android like me. In general, I get more adverts than they do - we kinda (anecdotally) nailed some of the type of adverts we get down to stuff we search for, or read, or watch, or buy on the net. Confirmation bias in the algorithms is rife in this space - so our general observations are not surprising. Our ages are all within 9 years of each other. Drilling down, we all get the government information adverts on Covid awareness and now the vaccine encouragements etc. and we all get a plethora of adverts for other mobile based games (varied for o/s), but, my colleagues (who are all male) do not, in the main, get adverts for brassieres or female gym wear that I do. Strangely though, we all get adverts for male short trousers (that are supposedly excellent for tropic conditions), customised jewelry (sold only in a boutique market about 4,000km across the Indian Ocean from here) and skin care products - perhaps these are location targetted adverts not micro targetted or gender specific targetted adverts. One thing that is noticeably different is how many adverts we can watch in a row before no ads are available at all (anywhere in the game) - my limit seems to be 11, but my colleagues can watch more in other parts of the game - so there is something (somewhere) that governs (maybe) binge watching (or farming video adverts) that varies from individual to individual also. This may be Gameloft's way to protect those who set up auto clickers to do the advert reward farming (not that I know anything about that of course).

The next layer of checking we could do (extremely low level of motivation to do this on my part - due to the high level of inconvenience to do a comparison exercise in this space, so don't hold your breath for me to do this any time soon) may be to get a group of players who are all on the same platform, similar location, all around the same age and all of the same gender, etc. then compare the numbers. I suspect even then we would still observe variation. In this part of the world we would call an exercise like this: P1ssing into the wind.

A while back I asked in Global Chat if anyone could share their experiences in this space. I didn't get any meaningful response - probably because the vast majority of players aren't motivated enough to measure or note such things - it's only those highly driven (and slightly crazy) individuals, with way too much time on their hands (like me) who apply time & effort to such matters  ::) . Might try asking again in GC at some time.

Here's hoping for Windows players that the sales reps pound the pavement and sell more targetted advertising space on that platform aimed at your demographic real soon.
no avatar

Corporal Kiwi

Windows PC

Try these numbers from Window in NZ
Attachments
Last 10.jpg
Last 10.jpg (464.7 KiB) Viewed 200 times
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Summary - June 2020 to April 2021

Item: Drop Qty (percentage)
Gold: 994 (42.5%)
Supreme Pack: 292 (12.5%)
Rubies: 105 (4.5%)
Clip: 235 (10.1%)
Electronics: 190 (8.1%)
Muzzle: 197 (8.4%)
Plasma core: 106 (4.5%)
Scope: 219 (9.4%)

Some fine print
A. The summary (above) is a simple collation of the numbers I have already posted above in this thread - i.e. there's no new information here. Reference to the earlier summary covering June to November 2020:
viewtopic.php?f=2031&t=702771&p=4081056#p4081056
B. I have experienced 2,338 drops across 17 exotic weapon events (that contain a StW) between late June 2020 and late April 2021 - three stage events are counted as one event here.
C. There have been countless more videos watched than 2,338 - see above in thread for details of this.
D. Note that spun items do not always end up in inventory/added to totals - see above in thread for details of this.
E. Gold represents three positions out of ten on the wheel, so... 994/3=331.3 (which equates to 14.2% of the total). This is an assumptive calculation - not actual recorded experience.
F. Please don't message me about the slight difference in some percentages in the two charts in the attached pics. When I split the gold up by three Excel did this strange rounding thing with the percentage numbers - I'm not going to stuff around getting it perfect.
G. The raw summary data (above) should be taken as the ultimate reference. I manually rounded the percentages shown in the above summary list by the way.
H. It is widely recognised that player experience with exotic weapon event StW opportunities varies significantly - see above in this thread for commentary on this and an explanation that came from Gameloft..
I. There's (deliberately) no other disclaimers or long explanations in this post - please read the entire thread (above) for context if needed.
Attachments
!Exotic-StWdrops-Jun2020-Apr2021.jpg
!Exotic-StWdrops-Jun2020-Apr2021.jpg (107.22 KiB) Viewed 95 times