no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Arena - weapons/gear sets offer confusion

Thu May 14, 2020 11:52 pm
Hey GMs - might want to feed this back. 

There is an offer that appears to be for R31 weapons in the shop (where the numbers don't look comparable) but the flashed up advertisement says they are Arena only weapons. See link (at point 4. below) for further details if needed.

... and no the weapons are not visible in either the Arena weapon screen or the shop sniper/assault screens - which is also very strange.

While you're there - might want to check out the (real money) offer with the gear in it - because it's ambiguous as to whether or not this gear is for the Arena or for the main game. (I know which one I'm confident it is - but there is a smell of doubt lingering based on the weapon bundle matter). Also, we were under the impression that the gear was sold as whole sets in the arena - not individual pieces - as is the case in the current offer. This requires clarity also.

Side thought: If someone at Gameloft is confused about weapons (labelling them, what they are for and how to market them in the game) and how the arena packages gear together as one set (not individual pieces) then perhaps it is time for a wider review before it gets even further out of hand.

More detail with some other relevant screen pics below on this thread and here:

viewtopic.php?f=2033&t=699513&p=3971217#p3971209
Attachments
Screenshot_20200515-090422.png
"Go to the shop and equip it" is impossible to do
Screenshot_20200515-090422.png (1.35 MiB) Viewed 2320 times
Player name: SnipeyMcSniperFace (was 'Snipe' temporarily in 2021) / DT: a78d2d5b (was a78d2d5) / Version: Android / Server: APA / 1. ​Been playing SF since UPD6 (Aug 2016) & every day since Nov 2016 / 2. I am a Gameloft customer not employee / 3. I find unannounced SF changes annoying / 4. I value privacy so I am not on Facebook / 5. I do not take cosplay selfies dressed in latex as SF characters like Val or Daisy, etc. (no matter how cute it would be!)

Load Toad

Windows PC

You have the rubies, buy it and let us know if they work in the region! Lol
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

I am tempted...

Fri May 15, 2020 4:03 am
Load Toad wrote:

:D  lol - on the floor. I might just do that. Take one for the team.

[Edit: It's confusing enough for some newer players that the (arena sub-product and the main game) weapon types are called the same thing (sniper/assault) but they are incompatible and useless in each domain and vice versa. (Delineation does not appear to have been well thought through here and the lack of delineation leaves ambiguity which can seed confusion). Best part is: Seems someone at Gameloft may also now be confused! (And don't get me started on gear).

Worst part here is that a new player (on R10) was going to shell out real cash to buy rubies just so they could buy this weapon set (to help them progress in the game - because they are stuck needing weapon blueprints and the ones they need are not dropping out of the packs they are opening).

Gameloft seem to be making more and more errors (lately) with SF.** I recall the grind of this game well (in the first year or so) - I'm confident that if the errors were as frequent as they are lately (back then when I was in the grind phase and could have been throwing/losing real money on this stuff) that I would have not stuck with the game as long as I have.

** A challenge: How about we have three months - starting right now - where no new errors are made in SF? Whilst new errors are not being made it would permit more than enough time to start fixing some of the old ones. Just saying (but I am serious about the three month proposal - imagine how much money Gameloft could save in rework costs). End edit.] 
Player name: SnipeyMcSniperFace (was 'Snipe' temporarily in 2021) / DT: a78d2d5b (was a78d2d5) / Version: Android / Server: APA / 1. ​Been playing SF since UPD6 (Aug 2016) & every day since Nov 2016 / 2. I am a Gameloft customer not employee / 3. I find unannounced SF changes annoying / 4. I value privacy so I am not on Facebook / 5. I do not take cosplay selfies dressed in latex as SF characters like Val or Daisy, etc. (no matter how cute it would be!)
no avatar

abhishekkmr

Google Play (Android)

Load Toad wrote:

Actually I need help on that one. I am new to this game. Is this offer available for region or just for Arena?

Pls guide
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Don't buy it until Gameloft fix it

Fri May 15, 2020 7:18 am
abhishekkmr wrote:
Load Toad wrote:

Actually I need help on that one. I am new to this game. Is this offer available for region or just for Arena?

Pls guide

The offer appears to be Arena only weapons but with an incorrect label that they are suitable for use in the regions.

There is uncertainty here. So based on the uncertainty my immediate advice is:

Do not purchase them.

I'm confident that someone will fix this issue (in the goodness of time) then my advice may change.

Load Toad

Windows PC

It has been fixed now in the shop. Arena only weapons

Decker

Veteran

Windows PC

It was stated previously that damage stated on Arena weapons was only a number and didn't reflect the actual damage they would do - so is this now different or are these just Arena weapons with a different colour scheme???

That is, is there any benefit to these and where is the rail-gun?
Turns out I wasn't just old and grumpy - I was right to be p!ssed right off!
Dog Tag: f8f16c
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Half a fix is better than no fix at all

Fri May 15, 2020 9:22 pm
Decker wrote:
It was stated previously that damage stated on Arena weapons was only a number and didn't reflect the actual damage they would do - so is this now different or are these just Arena weapons with a different colour scheme???

All the answers to your questions are provided in the *in game* documentation that accompanies the product for sale. Let me know when you find it. Either that or you can always click on the items itemselves and it let's you see what you're getting before you decide to purchase. ;)  
That is, is there any benefit to these and where is the rail-gun?

See screen pic. The rail gun is a pretty purpley colour. Value for money right there in the colour alone. Not so sure it's in my budget.

So...

These screens have been modified overnight to have an "arena use only" label added to them. Well done Gameloft on that quick patch over before the weekend and before the expiry timer on the sale runs out.

I still have a few concerns though....

The gear set has been consolidated to one gear set icon (but I still can't click on it or drill down to see if it gives me any advantage over the other arena gear sets (eg. does it have 8 slots - four green and four red mod slots - per component of gear)

The "R31" label is still on the sniper/assault package. Again though I can't click on them or drill down to see if it gives me any advantage over the other arena weapons (eg. even if these weapons are the same power - which we suspect is the case based on earlier threads - if they had addition mod slots they may be worth considering).

The only screen left where the weapon number in the Arena can be seen (that I can find) is attached to the post below this one. If the numbers are meaningless - why even have them displayed at all?

The ability to see if I am expanding my arsenal by improving it, and also not just buying more dust gatherers, is the information I want, but, I can't get it.

So yes, there was a label added to each screen (thank you Gameloft) but detail still appears to be scant and our old friend ambiguity is lurking. (... and... can anyone else smell a faint distant waft of confusion in the air - or is it just me?)
Attachments
Screenshot_20200516-060724.png
Screenshot_20200516-060724.png (1.32 MiB) Viewed 2205 times
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Absence of useful information

Fri May 15, 2020 9:34 pm
Load Toad wrote:
It has been fixed now in the shop. Arena only weapons

Has not been fixed entirely (on the Android version anyway). See above response to Decker.

Was good how they rolled all the gear pieces into one icon (but we still have no idea what we are buying - if we buy - other than the aesthetics).

While we're here: the only screen I can find that displays a weapon with a number near it is the attached screen pic. My guess is that when someone went through to remove all the displayed numbers they missed this screen. (It's still not overly helpful).
Attachments
Screenshot_20200516-082553.png
Screenshot_20200516-082553.png (1.77 MiB) Viewed 2199 times
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

SnipeyMcSniperFace wrote:
While we're here: the only screen I can find that displays a weapon with a number near it is the attached screen pic. My guess is that when someone went through to remove all the displayed numbers the missed this screen. (It's still not overly helpful).

Just put of interest only, look at the number difference between the screen pic attached to the previous post and the screen pic attached to this post.

My avatar was killed in a single shot by the weapon below (but the one above took multiple shots). Even with a possible 1,000% multiplier on the weapon attached to this post, the numbers (and in game experience) do not correlate.
Attachments
Screenshot_20200516-090047.png
Screenshot_20200516-090047.png (1.17 MiB) Viewed 2187 times