no avatar

Mastergroove

Windows PC

Hey Fellow snipers
I understand the concept of how many squaddie it takes to promote to the next level.

My question is, I'm about to promote a level "4"  whose level says  1 to 60, after I promote him/her to level "5" does his/her level go up to 1 to 70?

On a different note:
Can someone explain what the "Join Date" is under your name? I've been playing SF for well over 3 years now and I've been posting on the forum long before 2019. One more thing: Why is my status just "Member"? Is there a certain criteria I have to reach to surpass that status?
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Forum join date - response

Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:47 am
Mastergroove wrote:
[snip]
On a different note:
Can someone explain what the "Join Date" is under your name? I've been playing SF for well over 3 years now and I've been posting on the forum long before 2019
[snip]

I noticed the join date under my handle on these forums changed some time ago too - didn't think much of it at the time because I don't really care about it too much. (Unless Gameloft start paying me rubies for forum tenure then you might see me raise an eyebrow  ;) ).

Because of the above noted anomaly, the join date (and the rank for that matter) doesn't influence how I view the person making the post - some players I know have been playing the game longer than me, got sick of Facebook, and only joined these forums relatively recently. Most players I know, that get onto these forums to read them, don't necessarily have a login to the forums and they spend way more time playing (and know way more about this game) than I do.

A number of my earlier posts (and some threads that I will swear were there) have seemed to have vanished when I went back to look them up too - but this was several years ago. This is why now, when I post about a topic I know we have already discussed somewhere in here, I take the time to look for the old material and leave a link trail / reference trail (there's alot of repeat issues here). Many people find this helpful - others find it frustrating.

Speculation: Perhaps the server crashed and had to be restored at some stage or some other glitch. Perhaps someone archived or backed something up incorrectly that went pear shaped. Maybe they changed something after a h4ck or threat - who knows. It actually - I think - doesn't matter that much.
SnipeyMcSniperFace / DT was a78d2d5 now a78d2d5b / Android / 1. ​Been playing SF since UPD6 (Aug 2016) and every day since Nov 2016 / 2. I am a Gameloft customer not employee / 3. Sometimes I find it annoying when SF changes / 4. I value privacy so I am not on Facebook / 5. I don't take cosplay selfies of me dressed in latex as SF characters like Val or Daisy, etc. (no matter how cute it would be!)
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Promote SM - response

Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:56 am
Mastergroove wrote:
[snip]

My question is, I'm about to promote a level "4"  whose level says  1 to 60, after I promote him/her to level "5" does his/her level go up to 1 to 70?

[snip]

Short answer: Yes.

See screen pic of a freshly promoted Grant as an example.
Attachments
Screenshot_20200329-105309.png
Screenshot_20200329-105309.png (1.2 MiB) Viewed 430 times
SnipeyMcSniperFace / DT was a78d2d5 now a78d2d5b / Android / 1. ​Been playing SF since UPD6 (Aug 2016) and every day since Nov 2016 / 2. I am a Gameloft customer not employee / 3. Sometimes I find it annoying when SF changes / 4. I value privacy so I am not on Facebook / 5. I don't take cosplay selfies of me dressed in latex as SF characters like Val or Daisy, etc. (no matter how cute it would be!)

GWD

Veteran

Windows PC

I believe the promoted SM's level is related to your playing level (ie. Level 60, 75, or whatever). So posting your present level will help others with more knowledge answer your question.

As far as the join date, mine is still 2016, but Snipey's presumption makes sense. With GL, just about anything can happen over time.
Just so GL doesn't have to ask:
Dogtag: f82cd4e
Language: English
Computer: Windows 10 (updated), i7 6700 @ 3.40GHz, Alienware Aurora, DDR4 32GB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
ATT Internet 50 MB/sec
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Forum rank - response

Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:05 am
Mastergroove wrote:
[snip] One more thing: Why is my status just "Member"? Is there a certain criteria I have to reach to surpass that status?

I had a good look through the forum help text (see FAQ link below) and couldn't find a specific answer to your question. My memory tells me that I had to do a number of posts before I was permitted to start a new thread initially when joining the forum (presumably to ameliorate spammers and advertisers from flooding the forums with new threads / posts), so....

My guess is that the rank is based on contribution.

faq.php
no avatar

Mastergroove

Windows PC

"My guess is that the rank is based on contribution".

By contribution, do you mean how many times you contribute to the forum?

In my opinion it should be by what your current level is, not gon dwell on it!

Thx for the help folks
no avatar

Hellbringer

Marksman

Windows PC

Mastergroove wrote:
"My guess is that the rank is based on contribution".

By contribution, do you mean how many times you contribute to the forum?

In my opinion it should be by what your current level is, not gon dwell on it!

Thx for the help folks

The "Member", "Senior Member" ranks are (or at least were) based on how many posts you have made in the Forum. "Veteran" seems to be a newer designation, perhaps since the glitch/hack/reset Snipey suggested may have occured. A very few of us here have some other title, either because they actually have a relationship with GL (Moderator, Game Master, etc.) or in my case it was won years ago during a contest. Except for the GL-based titles they are essentially meaningless as long as you have reached whatever minimum number of posts is required to be able to start a new thread. No idea what that number is.
"Take it or leave it." - Julian from Gameloft
no avatar

Mastergroove

Windows PC

Ok thx
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Re: Forum rank - response

Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:43 pm

Reference (see link) to the above restriction prior to being permitted to PM or start a new thread. It's 3 posts.
viewtopic.php?f=2031&t=282765