Ferret

MVP

Google Play (Android)

United Kingdom

Re: Server down. Again.

Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:28 am
Pale Rider wrote:
A guy on FB posted a screenshot 300 rubies , 40,000 APs and 10 of each on the dogtags.

That was compensation for something entirely different, not for general server issues.

(Had already investigated that)
no avatar

mike61

Google Play (Android)

Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:28 am
I accept 400 rubies but not appear in the account,the connection also breaks down sometimes.
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:14 pm
GWD wrote:
Could this mean the problem is over (for now)?

You got 400. I got 200.

Don't get me wrong: I'm not looking the gift horse in the mouth here - I am greatful - but the difference is curious.
Attachments
Screenshot_20200327-071450.png
Screenshot_20200327-071450.png (1.39 MiB) Viewed 128 times
SnipeyMcSniperFace / DT was a78d2d5 now a78d2d5b / Android / 1. ​Been playing SF since UPD6 (Aug 2016) and every day since Nov 2016 / 2. I am a Gameloft customer not employee / 3. Sometimes I find it annoying when SF changes / 4. I value privacy so I am not on Facebook / 5. I don't take cosplay selfies of me dressed in latex as SF characters like Val or Daisy, etc. (no matter how cute it would be!)
no avatar

Franck C.

Windows PC

Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:06 pm
SnipeyMcSniperFace wrote:
GWD wrote:

You got 400. I got 200.

Don't get me wrong: I'm not looking the gift horse in the mouth here - I am greatful - but the difference is curious.

Yes much more than curious, rather suspicious but how can it not be otherwise when no prior rules are published before to define the conditions of these differences and the means of players to try to win more!

Besides, the silence of our favorite MVP which says a lot (I am not talking about the community managers who have both disappeared body and soul for ages), his usually quick and generous and in very useful details, leaves room for his obvious embarrassment in which the teams left him alone once agin to manage their mess. How afterwards explain these differences in gifts, in appropriate terms to players wishing to understand and verify if this complies with ou local regulations....

GWD

Veteran

Windows PC

Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:16 pm
GWD wrote:

You got 400. I got 200.

Straight from Daniel re: ruby rewards:

"the ones with rubies is for the connection issue, and it has a matcher that provide different amounts based on the profile information"
Just so GL doesn't have to ask:
Dogtag: f82cd4e
Language: English
Computer: Windows 10 (updated), i7 6700 @ 3.40GHz, Alienware Aurora, DDR4 32GB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
ATT Internet 50 MB/sec
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:20 pm
GWD wrote:
You got 400. I got 200.

Don't get me wrong: I'm not looking the gift horse in the mouth here - I am greatful [snip]

Straight from Daniel re: ruby rewards:

"the ones with rubies is for the connection issue, and it has a matcher that provide different amounts based on the profile information"

Thank you GWD.

I am still thankful for any rubies Gameloft wants to throw my way.
SnipeyMcSniperFace / DT was a78d2d5 now a78d2d5b / Android / 1. ​Been playing SF since UPD6 (Aug 2016) and every day since Nov 2016 / 2. I am a Gameloft customer not employee / 3. Sometimes I find it annoying when SF changes / 4. I value privacy so I am not on Facebook / 5. I don't take cosplay selfies of me dressed in latex as SF characters like Val or Daisy, etc. (no matter how cute it would be!)

Pale Rider

Windows PC

Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:13 am
Profile information? Like if a player is on the game council then he gets more?
Just like ... they get badges not available to the general population?
We all had connection issues , not just the important players.
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Pale Rider wrote:
Profile information? [snip]

I would imagine (and I am guessing) that players with a current paid ruby subscription account (or super dooper VIP membership with all the bells and whistles) may get compensated a little more than those who don't pay. If this is the case (and my guess is in the ball park) then that's only fair in my opinion.

Again, I'm very thankful for any rubies Gameloft wants to throw my way.