Sergey_Lysov

Windows PC

Moscow

Server down. Again.

Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:56 pm
Game failed while starting with the same old error message "glatg_11" (no internet connection). But nevertheless I still can type this message at the forum (without internet)))/
What are our perpectives about the game?
I'm from: Moscow, Russia
Devices: Laptop (Windows10)
DogTag: f0ged8

Uwe R.

Windows PC

Re: Server down. Again.

Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:05 pm
Hi Sergey,
I agree 100%. The servers of Gameloft are a joke.
Greetings to Russia and stay safe

Uwe R.
Mortem omnes lateribus! - Der Tod kommt von allen Seiten!
no avatar

Drifter57

Windows PC

Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:11 pm
up & down every few min crash & progress reset 5 time now

Uwe R.

Windows PC

Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:33 pm
GL when will you finally learn it? It is not our internet connection. It's your servers that are going to wreck!
Mortem omnes lateribus! - Der Tod kommt von allen Seiten!

Sergey_Lysov

Windows PC

Moscow

Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:41 pm
The most offensive thing is that the last "connection" failure occurred with me during the PvP fight. So... I lost everything including the winstreak (again) and etc (specops, clan supremacy, ouposts...) - go away to nowhere.
I'm from: Moscow, Russia
Devices: Laptop (Windows10)
DogTag: f0ged8

Decker

Veteran

Windows PC

Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:43 pm
Up and down like a tarts knickers here too, do 2 things - disconnect - fail to connect - connected again do 1 thing - disconnect.... and so on.

Starting to think they need to give the hamster, that runs on the wheel to power the servers, a holiday!
Turns out I wasn't just old and grumpy - I was right to be p!ssed right off!
Dog Tag: f8f16c

Jcpitch

Apple (iOS)

Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:54 pm
My game crashed at the worst times possible. Right at the start of our war. I'm one of our clan's "Heavy Hitters" so my presence in the war was missed. Then after several attempts to restart the game, it crashed just as we got the word "Go!" for the boss fight. This is very frustrating. Any way someone could fix this? Another time, I was one sniper rifle win away from finishing my current tier of this seasons battle pass and it crashed. Had to start over.

Ferret

MVP

Google Play (Android)

United Kingdom

Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:58 pm
This has been reported and the team will be doing what they can. (Bear in mind the devs are mostly working from home now so having to do things remotely)

However, I would note. It may have escaped peoples attention, but currently around 75% of European countries are in lockdown, many, including UK, Italy, France, Spain are in full lockdown with people having to stay home only leaving the house for essential supplies..

Result of this is going to be that internet infrastructure and game servers especially are going to take a hammering (The likes of netflix, disney are already restricted bandwidth). Extraordinary times, and honestly, things are probably going to get more extraordinary yet.

ARusso

Windows PC

Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:06 pm
Then shut the game down...

Decker

Veteran

Windows PC

Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:12 pm
That's why, unlike the good old days when servers were all physical tins, VM & Cloud based servers can increase capacity capabilities in seconds (all done remotely).

This involves the company paying more for additional resources allocated to the servers.

Any hint here as to where the single point of failure is yet?

Myself for the last 2 weeks working from home I've been part of a team of only 4 that supports, worldwide, servers of all types and locations and have been proactive in this role adjusting for added load due to the current situation, in other words don't wait till it catches fire to put it out, stop the fire happening in the first place. No excuse for not doing so.
Turns out I wasn't just old and grumpy - I was right to be p!ssed right off!
Dog Tag: f8f16c