no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Re: Null & Void

Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:26 am
GWD wrote:
Oddly, once the weapon is won, the total upgraded value jumps from 40K to 60K. It is on par with other slightly lower rated Exotic Explosives (like Dubai Burst).

I think you will find that this is because I had Ho Ho Howdy (with Project Wraith head) equipped.

The screen pic attached to this post is what the same thing looks like but with Plague Doctor (with Project Wraith head) equipped.
Attachments
Screenshot_20200329-100040.png
Screenshot_20200329-100040.png (966.54 KiB) Viewed 189 times
SnipeyMcSniperFace / DT was a78d2d5 now a78d2d5b / Android / 1. ​Been playing SF since UPD6 (Aug 2016) and every day since Nov 2016 / 2. I am a Gameloft customer not employee / 3. Sometimes I find it annoying when SF changes / 4. I value privacy so I am not on Facebook / 5. I don't take cosplay selfies of me dressed in latex as SF characters like Val or Daisy, etc. (no matter how cute it would be!)
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:41 am
GWD wrote:
Also, it seems more destructive without the affinity rather than with the seek-and-destroy function.

Agree
Oh, and about the drops. Everyone (I think) knows that Daniel stated that the cores are programmed to drop less. Now, it seems that at least one of the parts has a lower drop rate. Screenshots seem to confirm this.

Yes this is fairly widely known, but a couple of comments:
1. This known core drop incongruence doesn't accord with my experience (of late) if I just repeat Chapter 1 (missions 1 to 4) then play through.
2. I still maintain that this sort of information should be published in the game somewhere (like on the drop rate screen).

And yes, before anyone jumps on me here, I recognise that point 1 (above) may just be a coincidence.
SnipeyMcSniperFace / DT was a78d2d5 now a78d2d5b / Android / 1. ​Been playing SF since UPD6 (Aug 2016) and every day since Nov 2016 / 2. I am a Gameloft customer not employee / 3. Sometimes I find it annoying when SF changes / 4. I value privacy so I am not on Facebook / 5. I don't take cosplay selfies of me dressed in latex as SF characters like Val or Daisy, etc. (no matter how cute it would be!)
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Anyone else noticed the "Breakthrough" feature not working with Plague Doctor / Null and Void???

Cross post reference:  https://forum.gameloft.com/viewtopic.php?f=2031&t=697739#p3940419
no avatar

Janneman1967

Windows PC

Re: Null & Void (slightly OT)

Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:37 am
SnipeyMcSniperFace wrote:
Anyone else noticed the "Breakthrough" feature not working with Plague Doctor / Null and Void???

Cross post reference:  https://forum.gameloft.com/viewtopic.php?f=2031&t=697739#p3940419

Maybe because the weapon is a RPG type and the affinity doesn't work with those weapons?
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:45 am
Janneman1967 wrote:

Maybe because the weapon is a RPG type and the affinity doesn't work with those weapons?

Good point. But why advertise it, match the Plague Doctor gear set with it - and put the word "active" in "set bonus" icon in the gear selection screen then have nothing working.

The event ends in a few minutes - I'll see if it pokes its head up and works then.
Attachments
Screenshot_20200329-194616.png
Screenshot_20200329-194616.png (1.17 MiB) Viewed 164 times
no avatar

Janneman1967

Windows PC

Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:58 am
Janneman1967 wrote:

Good point. But why advertise it, match the Plague Doctor gear set with it - and put the word "active" in "set bonus" icon in the gear selection screen then have nothing working.

The event ends in a few minutes - I'll see if it pokes its head up and works then.

Wouldn't be the first time they offer a gear with an affinity that has little or no use for the weapon you can win. I think this affinity is problably the most useless of them all. Decided to let it pass (which i don't do very often).
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Re: Null & Void - the tribe has spoken

Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:19 am
Janneman1967 wrote:
Wouldn't be the first time they offer a gear with an affinity that has little or no use for the weapon you can win. I think this affinity is problably the most useless of them all. Decided to let it pass (which i don't do very often).

You are correct. Breakthrough works with other weapons - not Null & Void - the one it was marketed with!

Null & Void (with Plague Doctor) didn't even put a dent on a 10* base. Perhaps this run on useless exotic weapons is just to save them being nerfed at a later date?

PS. Hey Decker - based on my limited testing to date: it's another POS weapon (for where I am at in the game anyway)... You still keeping count of how many weapons in a row are we up to now following Bounty Cascade? It's gotta now be like every exotic weapon this calendar year (other than Lawmaker MK3) is gathering dust already.

Decker

Veteran

Windows PC

Re: Null & Void - the tribe has spoken

Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:30 pm
PS. Hey Decker - based on my limited testing to date: it's another POS weapon (for where I am at in the game anyway)... You still keeping count of how many weapons in a row are we up to now following Bounty Cascade? It's gotta now be like every exotic weapon this calendar year (other than Lawmaker MK3) is gathering dust already.

Hey Snipey, yep everyone so far is in the P.O.S. bin with the MK3 being the exception, tried the NV when I got it (and not because I was even trying for it this time) and with Ho Ho & Antiviral Guerilla (just since it was available to wipe it off the list) it's royally out of it's league in PvP, so another useless inclusion to the gun cabinet.
I'm sure it's just the 'plan' to make using all your consumables a necessity rather than an option, then having to buy more.
Turns out I wasn't just old and grumpy - I was right to be p!ssed right off!
Dog Tag: f8f16c
no avatar

Corporal Kiwi

Windows PC

Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:08 pm
Have to agree, it struggles to take out a full 7* base, once again another POS weapon.
no avatar

eXandeR

Windows PC

Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:38 am
Hi GL support staff,

Could someone from you, GL, post a video where you fight using this "fantastic" weapon with any base which is equiped with 10* solders, please?

I would like to see how you did this.

Thanks.
Dogtag: f896ehd
Language: English
Computer: Windows 10 (updated), i7 6700K, SSD, DDR4 64GB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
Internet 100 Mb/sec