David Workman

Veteran

Windows PC

Null & Void

Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:37 am
New exotic did we need. Me no, please not so many. As to Null & Void the projectly speed is so slow, Its like watching paint dry or grass growing. Can you please speed it up GL?
no avatar

Don H.

Windows PC

Re: Null & Void

Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:12 pm
As this weapon appears to be a re-hash of Sickened Shot, a 10 shot weapon, without AP ability it will be a complete waste of tucker and gather dust quickly.

Ghandi's Lunchbox

Windows PC

Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:21 am
Is the Null & Void the weapon in a new 10 day exotic event?  I only ask because I am still showing "NEW EVENT COMING SOON".
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:41 am
Ghandi's Lunchbox wrote:
Is the Null & Void the weapon in a new 10 day exotic event?  I only ask because I am still showing "NEW EVENT COMING SOON".

Yes. It's on the Dam of Doom template. Started about 60 hours ago.
Attachments
Screenshot_20200322-084912.png
Screenshot_20200322-084912.png (1.03 MiB) Viewed 620 times
SnipeyMcSniperFace / DT was a78d2d5 now a78d2d5b / Android / 1. ​Been playing SF since UPD6 (Aug 2016) and every day since Nov 2016 / 2. I am a Gameloft customer not employee / 3. Sometimes I find it annoying when SF changes / 4. I value privacy so I am not on Facebook / 5. I don't take cosplay selfies of me dressed in latex as SF characters like Val or Daisy, etc. (no matter how cute it would be!)

Ghandi's Lunchbox

Windows PC

Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:27 am
Thanks, Snipey.  Maybe GL will be kind enough to allow me to participate in the next one...or fight a clan war...or fight a clan boss...or play videos...or make in game purchases...sometime before their next amazing update.
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:10 am
Ghandi's Lunchbox wrote:
Thanks, Snipey.  Maybe GL will be kind enough to allow me to participate in the next one...or fight a clan war...or fight a clan boss...or play videos...or make in game purchases...sometime before their next amazing update.

Perhaps you aren't missing much
From what I'm seeing so far (re. Null & Void weapon) I think they might be doing you a favour by not letting you play the event. I seek for my guess work to be proven wrong here regarding the weapon's usefulness in PvP - but (unfortunately) I'm not optimistic at this point in time due to:
a. the cyclical rate of fire (how many projectiles come out of the weapon within a given time frame)
b. the projectile transit time (time it takes the projectile to get from the weapon to the target)
c. randomly wasted projectiles (completely missing targets)
d. projectile self targeting system
e. double tap sometimes (intermittently) ineffective

On the last three points:

c/d. (I'm speculating here) - as an example, I can imagine (in PvP in room 1) an assault enemy behind the lower deck aircon units and a sniper up on the balcony. The 5 seconds you would have to kill the sniper may well be absorbed by trying to kill the assault enemy because the projectiles travel (of the their own accord) "... head automatically to the nearest target" - rather than where you want them to go or where you are aiming. On top of this, projectiles are sometimes / intermittently not hitting any target at all - meaning they are wasted.

e. (Somewhat related to point c.) When you hit the fire button twice in succession (rapidly) sometimes the second projectile doesn't hit anything - even though there is a target visible - often the same target that the first projectile just hit - which (sometimes) just froze it. If you wait about a second after the first shot then press the fire button again this problem seems to go away. But (and a big *but* it is) the $64 question is will this really annoy me in a PvP match.

Other points to note
1. There is a Frostbite feature that is cute but would need to be tested in PvP before I reconsider the above speculation.
2. The weapon has splash damaged attached to it - was kinda cute to have two close enemies frozen in frostbite then have one projectile to finish both of them off - but I've only seen this occur only once so far.
3. The Plague Doctor gear set has a 15 second shields/armour nulling feature. Slightly off topic I know but it may help.

When you wish upon a star....
Now this last bit is wishful thinking (as it potentially undermines the whole nested addictiveness / fomo thing we have going on in the current exotic weapon gamble template)....

Bring back Bounty Cascade
Attention Gameloft: Please consider bringing back the Bounty Cascade template - i.e. where we could test the weapon in PvP while the event was still going.
Attachments
Screenshot_20200322-083959.png
Screenshot_20200322-083959.png (1.22 MiB) Viewed 620 times
SnipeyMcSniperFace / DT was a78d2d5 now a78d2d5b / Android / 1. ​Been playing SF since UPD6 (Aug 2016) and every day since Nov 2016 / 2. I am a Gameloft customer not employee / 3. Sometimes I find it annoying when SF changes / 4. I value privacy so I am not on Facebook / 5. I don't take cosplay selfies of me dressed in latex as SF characters like Val or Daisy, etc. (no matter how cute it would be!)
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:27 pm
SnipeyMcSniperFace wrote:
[snip]
3. The Plague Doctor gear set has a 15 second shields/armour nulling feature. Slightly off topic I know but it may help.
[snip]

See screen pic.
Attachments
Screenshot_20200323-065139.png
Screenshot_20200323-065139.png (1.09 MiB) Viewed 582 times
no avatar

Hellbringer

Marksman

Windows PC

Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:39 pm
[snip]
[snip]

See screen pic.

The "Breakthrough" effect is essentially AP/PB (armor piercing or piercing bullets, whichever way you prefer to say it) so has zero effect when using a splash weapon. Notice you never have the "2" key (AP/PB) available when you have a splash weapon equipped.
"Take it or leave it." - Julian from Gameloft
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:33 pm
Hellbringer wrote:

Thank you.

Will assume you are talking about a Windows function re: "have the '2' key... available"? On the Android version the use piercing bullet (consumable) is on the touch screen (typically in between the spotter and slow-mo icons).

I hear the crux of the message here - ie. function not helpful with splash.

While we're here: Want to tell me what that cannister looking thing in the little frame hanging down under the muzzle is?
Attachments
Screenshot_20200325-095429.png
Screenshot_20200325-095429.png (1.8 MiB) Viewed 435 times

Sleepwalker

Veteran

Windows PC

Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:19 pm
Ordinarily I would agree, but with this weapon the issue is that the projectiles take a wide circular route to the target. Several times I have pointed the gun directly at an enemy standing in the open, only to see the projectiles veer way off to the side and impact on a wall or pillar far from the target, doing no damage. Breakthrough appears to be intended to counteract that. Of course, it is a partial solution to an unnecessary problem, but that's another story.