Steam

Vip events???

Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:04 pm
Where is the vip event there is less than 3days left for this events

UnitedsRedArmy

Windows PC

Re: Vip events???

Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:50 pm
VIP events if they come, normally appear when T10 opens. But its not a definite that they will.
Champagne for my real friends.......REAL PAIN for my Sham Friends!! -  Sir F. Bacon 

Game name :- Village ldιot ₹ΣD (Red, fmr. All For One)
Clan:- Village ldιot's - Leader
Dog Tag :- f6d0fg2b

baronthehell

Steam

Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:06 am
Why 8* is in the vip event...but ads shows there is 9* 🤬🤬🤬
no avatar

Obelix50

Windows PC

Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:07 pm
I also saw ad of VIP event and tier 9 sm but event has only 8 tier sm, bug?
no avatar

Axsor100

Google Play (Android)

Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:25 pm
All the squadmates when upgraded together, make a 9*
"As Julian once said, "Take it or leave it". Take the information provided or leave it"  Irina FromGameloft
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:50 pm
Axsor100 wrote:
All the squadmates when upgraded together, make a 9*

Agree with Axsor100 here. I don't personally like this tricky misleading promotion technique - but it is the interpretation that is used.

In comment, this type of somewhat stretched representation is not unexpected from time to time from a handful of the splash ads in SF.

It's annoying but not unexpected.

Caveat emptor
SnipeyMcSniperFace / DT was a78d2d5 now a78d2d5b / Android / 1. ​Been playing SF since UPD6 (Aug 2016) and every day since Nov 2016 / 2. I am a Gameloft customer not employee / 3. Sometimes I find it annoying when SF changes / 4. I value privacy so I am not on Facebook / 5. I don't take cosplay selfies of me dressed in latex as SF characters like Val or Daisy, etc. (no matter how cute it would be!)
no avatar

Obelix50

Windows PC

Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:17 am
Ad says win 9 tier sm, not by upgrading 8`s
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Confusion + Suspicion = Brand erosion

Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:51 am
Obelix50 wrote:
Ad says win 9 tier sm, not by upgrading 8`s

Yes you are correct - on both fronts:
1. What the ad does say, and
2. What the ad does not say.

There's a few things going on here in my experience - in addition to the above...

SF ads are not all perfect
In my opinion: it would be reasonable to assert that some SF ads can be interpreted as being ommisive and/or ambiguous. The attached screen pic is a perfect example of this because the VIP event only offers un-upgraded 2* to 8* SMs. The misleading matter is simple - players don't "win" a 9* SM. Players do earn some of the base ingredients (that need to be upgraded and then promoted at the expense of the player) to create a 9* SM  (via the very expensive SM Ponzi scheme).

Being mislead is not cool
How any ad is interpreted is (arguably) important so that potential customers are not left feeling deliberately mislead. The interpretation is what leads them to commit to an offer. The crux here is the gap between:
i. what is advertised/promoted, and
ii. what is actually offered.

Confusion in the short term
The above gap often results in: confusion. This confusion contributes to inefficiency - but the main point here is: This confusion leaves most reasonably intelligent customers with a bad taste in their mouth's after they experience it. Some advertisers exploit this confusion, but, most modern organisations have moved past such (psychologically archaic) practices because they know it has a negative impact on their business.

Suspicion in the longer term
Now the above said, it is fair to say that the confusion may not be a show stopper/deal breaker for some customers, in the short term, but, hints of habitual (potentially deliberate) dodgy behaviour (coupled with the perceived lack of transparency and inadequate explanation) can mean that after experiencing the confusion several times the customer is left, in the longer term, with a lingering feeling of: suspicion.

Trust eroded in a brand
Suspicion erodes trust, and trust is (arguably) something a modern organisation (that has customer focussed practices at the centre of its brand) should value - in my opinion.

SF ads - dealing with some of them
Personally, I interpret some SF ads as misleading on occasion, but they are not a show stopper/deal breaker for me. To deal with this I've learnt (over the years of playing this game):
a  not to get too excited by the advertising/promotions, and
b. study the offering as closely as possible before diving in.

As I said above: caveat emptor
Attachments
Screenshot_20200203-225243.png
Screenshot_20200203-225243.png (1.97 MiB) Viewed 872 times
SnipeyMcSniperFace / DT was a78d2d5 now a78d2d5b / Android / 1. ​Been playing SF since UPD6 (Aug 2016) and every day since Nov 2016 / 2. I am a Gameloft customer not employee / 3. Sometimes I find it annoying when SF changes / 4. I value privacy so I am not on Facebook / 5. I don't take cosplay selfies of me dressed in latex as SF characters like Val or Daisy, etc. (no matter how cute it would be!)
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Here we are again.

Read the posts above.
Check out the attached screen pics.

I'm not complaining - just recording another example (wasn't worth a new thread).
Attachments
Screenshot_20200328-224853.png
Screenshot_20200328-224853.png (1.97 MiB) Viewed 724 times
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

SnipeyMcSniperFace wrote:
Here we are again.

Read the posts above.
Check out the attached screen pics.

I'm not complaining - just recording another example (wasn't worth a new thread).

Attachments
Screenshot_20200328-224918.png
Screenshot_20200328-224918.png (1.68 MiB) Viewed 724 times