Diana Gameloft

Community Manager

Google Play (Android)

Hello guys, 

For the past month, Windows users have been affected by several issues with the delivery and reward sistem of watching video ads in the game.

We are well aware of this and have tried to fix it, but it has been more complicated than expected. It involves a third party, game specifics, device configurations and a whole host of other factors. There is no easy universal fix unfortunately. 

There seem to be four major issues going on: 
1.The game is stuck in the "loading video" loop
2. After viewing the ad, the game freezes and no reward
3. After viewing the Ad, you cannot close it (see Bingo Blitz) 
4. You have to restart the game to receive the reward

Please leave a comment in this thread with this info:
Select the issues that are affecting you and leave your dogtag (note: you can just mention the number).
Let us know if you are using a standard PC or a tablet.

I know there have been several threads about this, but it would really help to centralize the information, instead of going back and asking each affected player who commented for their dogtag.

We appreciate your patience and your help with this!

David Workman

Veteran

Windows PC

Diana, problem started with update. Not this one but one before. So go back look at code, and get a person who can right code. Your Prob, not third party. Bad code writing.

Suffer from all 1 to 4.

Idkc

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Not just windows devices affected by this ad problem (just don't have time to keep posting about it);

with this latest update (ie, it wasn't a problem in the previous update, but it has been a problem before in some other relatively recent updates eg in the last 12-18 mos., my previous posts describe this);

with my device platform (ios), game is usually continually freezing and crashing no matter what is being done (this includes during critical activities like during pvp matches), and it is pretty apparent (ie if wait long enough after freeze if game doesn't crash 1st) that this freezing/crashing is caused by ads (again whether they're game ads for weapons, sm's, etc or others) trying to load (it's ridiculous that this happens at any time including during pvp matches, missions, etc., *causing losses*).

Gotta agree with DW, as in the several plus times before (but again not always), this seems like a code caused issue (ie, since it happens for some updates and not for others).  Very, very aggravating and damaging to game play quality.  (And btw, it wasn't like this a few yrs back, ads would load appropriately without damaging game play other than if you selected after pop-up and got redirected from game, which of course was intended, but now it's just freeze and crash, long-time to re-load & crash in a flash, ridiculous).
no avatar

jpeterson12

Windows PC

This is all I get. Windows 10 on a laptop. Dogtag f263ha
Attachments
vid.JPG
vid.JPG (28.93 KiB) Viewed 932 times

Shane C

Windows PC

i experience #1 just keeps loading and i have to  close the game.
dogtag:fdd6ef8d

jtmichigan

Windows PC

#1,2,3 an 4 standard pc dogtag: f8d099ge
no avatar

DavidPH

Windows PC

I'm having issue with #1,2,3,4. Using desktop PC with windows 10 platform. But my real problem is why GL banned my account for restarting the game multiple times ? The videos freeze my game and I have to shut it down. In order for me to start the game back up, I have to reset it to default state because if I don't, I will get the "glnc_2502_401" error and can not connect. I've googled and tried everything but no real solution for this error other than reset it.
Add another ad video to your #3 list "candy crush". It freeze the game and can not X out.
Dogtag: f9fcfch8
no avatar

wishfulthinking

Windows PC

1, 2, 3, and 4. The biggest issues recently have been with this new 3rd party provider (at least for me) with interactive ads where it is "looking for an offer" or once it finds one, I can't interact with it or it won't load an ad after I am able to interact with it.

Windows Desktop / also happens on my Windows Laptop

Dogtag: f1f1dc
no avatar

sillybilly

Veteran

Windows PC

1 and 2 but sometimes black screen
Sniper Fury DT fd3ef9hf

“Bawbag {bɒw-bæg}/noun, disparaging form of address to describe an ignorant, obnoxious, or detestable person (esp. a man)

UnitedsRedArmy

Windows PC

I mostly have No.1 and No.4 have had the no close ad and restarted game to receive reward Windows 10, standard laptop. Dog Tag f6d0fg2b
Champagne for my real friends.......REAL PAIN for my Sham Friends!! -  Sir F. Bacon 

Game name :- Village ldιot ₹ΣD (Red, fmr. All For One)
Clan:- Village ldιot's - Leader
Dog Tag :- f6d0fg2b