David Workman

Veteran

Windows PC

Re: Clan wars rework - Discussion thread

Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:13 am
Just ran a scenario with a few players from different clans. My core lev 12. OK I kick or all my players leave. Under instructions from me as Clan leader. Now one on one with a clan. Chances are I will get at best a lev 3 core against me yet I have a level 12 core and loaded  up war room witch is level 8. This is rorting war matching. Easy fix. A player leave or kicked 2 day lock out for going to war. 2 leave or get 2 kicked 4 day lockout as to going to war, 3 kicked or leave 6 day lockout as to going to war, etc. Think this will work. ( If you could add such as 3 leave its 6 days before they can join a Clan.)

Load Toad

Windows PC

Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:47 pm
If you kicked all your players but you then started a war your core HP dropped. When the war starts even if you brought 19 players back to the clan and saw your core HP raised back up. The clan attacking you in the war will still be fighting against a low 1 player core HP and your new clan members can not fight in war. The higher HP setting will not go into effect until the next war search. Also clan structure level of core has nothing to do with core HP only lowers the power of attacking clans weapons by xx%. When your clan members return to clan they will be locked out of dom and wars for 48hrs under current system.
no avatar

p.aitk

Windows PC

Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:28 pm
New  clan War system has several bugs . #1 no clan could get  to 2700 points  in 1  month  , even if you could match up every day .  6  days now  and no match up  means no points . Yes  changed clan power   . No difference . Trying to match up  twice a day nut no luck   thats 12 failed attemps  .
    Matching  clan power  will not work   as  some teams  hae 1-6  players and some have 15-20  . Putting extra players in team dosen't help as most newbies don't  bother to turn up  for war

David Workman

Veteran

Windows PC

Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:57 am
Loaded Toad, think you missed the point of my post. Its High clans rorting rules. So players leave/kicked for each player they do incur a 2 day penalty before they can do a war. We all know about what you stated. And this is another problem that is coming up Above post. That clan is now stuffed for getting rewards. Truth is their are not enough players now in game to make clan war workable, same with arena.
no avatar

Johan N.

Windows PC

Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:48 pm
Diana, can you plese add more facts, here or in the FAQ, regarding two things:
1. War matching: What is it based upon?
   In the "old system" it was clearly stated that it was based only on "Clan Power +/- 10 %".
2. Rewards and penalties for winning/losing a Clan War?
    In PvP we know that we, in general, get 5 trophies for win and lose 2.
   In the old Clan war system we, as a smaller clan, would get app 3 "stars" per win, don't know about losses.' Is it the same now?

Knowing the facts will take away some of the frustration over "unfair matches, something must be wrong" and for planning if to participate in the clan wars at all, it's not enough to know what the prizes are, you must also be able to predict if you can reach the target and the amount of work necessary.

Load Toad

Windows PC

Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:58 pm
David I now understand what your point was. Our clan was a top 50 clan but we had to leave it because of the new war system. We had a level 16 core but only 9 active players. We also spent days just trying to get a matchup under the new war system with no luck most of the time. When we did get a match it was with a full clan and a core HP over twice the power of ours. The current war system punished clans that took the time to build HQs, get weapons and gear and work as a team. We are now building a new clan HQ to a level that will work for a clan that works for the number of players we have. With the points for winning wars different for each clan some clans will gain way more points than others, just look at the leaderboard now after 2 days of season. The only problem with the old war system was made by GL when they raised the structure cap to level 20 then reduced the core HP levels so low that wars were over in a minute without using squadmates. The new system only allows players to get resources in pvp and only during planning phase. Half or more of that time players are at work or asleep so no time to get them. No reason now to ever build HQ structures, build squadmates, gain trophies in pvp, win VD events or buy squadmates. I have more squadmates than I need now for spec-ops or a base defense that I don't need to defend anymore. Until things change in matchups and points we will see the same clans at the top of the leader board every season. Hard to believe a clan can gain so many points in 2 days. This looks to be a broken system that we will be stuck with for quit a while. A war system that makes the clans that never built HQs and never could win a war happy because they still don't have to get any better at playing the game to win a war sometimes.
no avatar

AaSa

Google Play (Android)

Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:03 pm
we get 4 points for winning and other clans take 20, we are a small clan who struggled to make structures, for no reason now
Name: AaSa
Clan: Jeagle Corp

We're looking for strong and active snipers.
Lvl 20 Core
no avatar

GodKratos

Windows PC

Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:58 am
How to get the end of season rewards if we have no war? **** new matchmaking
How we supposed to maintain our TOP 3 Champion???
no avatar

Thumper81

Windows PC

Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:30 am
"For what reason the collection of the resources of wars can be carried out only during the phase of invasion ???"

I don't so much have a problem with only being able to collect resources during the Planning Phase of War, but why only being able to buy War Buffs during the second 1/2, or last 12 hours? Why can't we buy War Buffs during the entire Planning Phase while we are gathering the resources. The cost of the Buffs are so high, that only being able to purchase them during the second half of the Planning Phase doesn't allow for enough time to rebuild enough resources to be able to buy more Buffs once you purchase some. It would be nice to be able to both, build up resources and buy Buffs during the entire Planning Phase.

Also, I have to agree that the War matching system isn't working. We are more often than not matched up with clans whose Clan Power is more than 100 points higher than ours. The Core levels vary to being much higher to being the same or lower. But when their Clan Power is more than 100 points higher than ours, and they have twice the number of ACTIVE players than we do, or players who are a minimum of 5 levels higher than our highest level player, then we don't stand much of a chance of winning. These are the kinds of match-ups we are continually and constantly getting. Sometimes they are really totally ridiculous. We won't even bother buying any Buffs because it is a waste of our resources when there is no way that we can win. It is frustrating as a leader to try and build up your clan and your Clan HQ when you're constantly getting beaten down.

Dragtrix Ryan

Google Play (Android)

Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:23 am
Thumper81 wrote:
The cost of the Buffs are so high, that only being able to purchase them during the second half of the Planning Phase doesn't allow for enough time to rebuild enough resources to be able to buy more Buffs once you purchase some. 

You already have your answer. The way GL has designed this new war system it's bound to make you play rigorous amount of PvP in the last 12 hours before a battle!
Alternatively hire new players who have lots of free time to play PvPs.