dm2912

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Re: Clan wars rework - Discussion thread

Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:57 am
™ کAک ₹ wrote:
I hope everyone realized that with the new clan-wars formula, by not allowing us to make war resources on our availability but only during the invasion phase, it's Gameloft who decide "how" and "when" we have to play ...

For sake of argument, GL arent deciding when and how you are playing

Its ENTIRELY your choice when your clan work for war resources. Your leaders decide when war starts.

And the preparation phase where you can earn resources LAST FOR 24 HOURS so it should make absolutely no difference what time zone etc players are in.

You dont have to fight every way. You could use one war phase to gather resources and not contest it, go into the next war with saved resources.
Sniper Fury Dog Tag: ehf7c09a
My Gear & Guns Charts (Updated 9/19): https://imgur.com/a/F12Rixn
R11-19 Ruby Missions: https://imgur.com/a/K9bZafK

David Workman

Veteran

Windows PC

Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:18 am
Can't get Match for clan wars. My clan in limbo now. Can't get rewards to win war. GL you need to look into this. Think if "No match Found" counts as a win and allow clans to get rewards as your Clan matching is so stuffed up more than the old rating system.
no avatar

Don H.

Windows PC

Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:05 am
Newbies are DEAD.
I just told my clan to forget about advancing up the PvP ladder.
Instead hold back and hit all the lower level players to ensure they get Clan Boosts during the planning Phase.
This is obviously what GL wants us to do as we have major trouble trying to get matched, so once you do get a Planning Phase go hard, 'make hay whilst the sun shines'.
Sorry Guys/Girls, but thank GL.

Load Toad

Windows PC

Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:18 am
Thanks GL for making clan wars just another thing of the past. We will try to adapt but it will never be as good as the way it was before you screwed it up with the update.
no avatar

Hellbringer

Marksman

Windows PC

Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:20 pm
dm2912 wrote:
™ کAک ₹ wrote:
I hope everyone realized that with the new clan-wars formula, by not allowing us to make war resources on our availability but only during the invasion phase, it's Gameloft who decide "how" and "when" we have to play ...

For sake of argument, GL arent deciding when and how you are playing

Its ENTIRELY your choice when your clan work for war resources. Your leaders decide when war starts.

And the preparation phase where you can earn resources LAST FOR 24 HOURS so it should make absolutely no difference what time zone etc players are in.

You dont have to fight every way. You could use one war phase to gather resources and not contest it, go into the next war with saved resources.

Not exactly true. Your leaders can decide when to start the matchmaking process, but it is up to GL to find the match. If they start the process at the beginning of the optimum window for maximum Clan participation but you don't get matched until the end of that window your Clan may have lost the availability of several important members (some people actually have lives outside this game, lol). If you don't get matched at all then your Clan is stuck waiting another day for the next optimum window.

Everything else you said is exactly true.  Image
"Take it or leave it." - Julian from Gameloft

David Workman

Veteran

Windows PC

Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:01 am
Well GL got our first match. What has changed. Outmatched again. Really think you just payed lip service to matching, just needed to bring all the rest crap stuff into game. Well starting to think now about leaving game. Yes I spent money. So game is now dying. Numbers of players going down. Clans closing. GL think you have really lost the plot. One of the main probs is you now have to many options in game. 1 player may just play drones, another just Arena, so now have I think 4 games rolled together in one. DOSE NOT WORK!!!!

Edit Note :- Now have a "War Room " at lev 4 which gives 560 resouces. Thats good. Now where did you post in release notes that if you are at max doing PVP DO NOT ADD to resource as you are maxed out. Need to spend resource to get refilled. This is what happened to my clans in first battle.  Other Clans take note. Have you also been miss lead by lack of discloser? So now spend then do PVP, "O" can't waiting for timer to count down to start spending then collecting. Have you players noticed? Think not.

Load Toad

Windows PC

Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:42 pm
Great job making clan wars better for the clans that did not build their HQs or their squads. Not like clans can lower their HQs to have a better chance in wars. No way now to win with match ups that put clans up against other clans with twice the players in it and over a 150 points more in clan power rating. All of the boost now make it not worth completing the pvp to gain boost just to get taken out by 2 or 3 times as many players attacking. So all the time and resources we spent are gone and the clans that did nothing to work at getting better or just started are happy. Thanks for nothing!!! Yes we could add more clan members or start a new clan now that GL screwed us but why start over just to have GL change everything again later. At least let us know how match making is done since its not updated on the (I) clan power rating.

Load Toad

Windows PC

Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:08 pm
If clan core level is now a part of match making, assign a number value to clan levels. Then add that core level value to the clan power rating so we know what we are working with. Have a level 15 core now and I'm not sure if we want to build it higher or just start a new clan with a lower core level. I would think assigning 2 or 5 points to each core level then adding it to clan power rating would make more clans happy. The problem with the old clan war system happen when GL lowered the core HP making adding squads no value since wars were over in less than a minute. But the new war system just makes it a waste of game play unless everyone in clan has nothing to do but run pvp all day everyday. Some players still have a job in the real world.
no avatar

Don H.

Windows PC

Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:09 am
There must be something wrong, I have never seen so many clans in Domination with Dead Cores.
This has only happened since the last upgrade, something is wrong.
Or is it, GL does not monitor this area, and only worries about where the cash is coming from?
If this is the case, there are various threads sharing their Clans hurt with people leaving.
Examples:-
20 Members, 1 member active, other members last activity, 128 days ago,
17 Members, 1 Member active, other members last activity, 286 days ago.

These clans now get the advantage of extra Neutronium because they have Members and GL refuses to deal with the issue.

I am sick and tired of the excuse by forum members that say 'you can do it too, just go find and dead clan'. That is not what the game is about, I thought, but it now appears that I am in the Old School, where 'Honesty and Fair Play' once lived, but GL will now do anything to get revenue and F*%K the players.

Simple solution -
Any player that has not been active in the last 60 days is automatically removed from a Clan List.
If the said removed member starts playing again, they always have the opertunity to regoin the Clan.

Load Toad

Windows PC

Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:16 pm
Inactive players (red dots) have nothing to do with core HP, clan power rating, or getting Neutronium for the core. They only count for more points in clan boss attacks. If I am wrong about that maybe Danial or Diana should let us know. GL should also update the info (I) on the clan page for clan power rating or in the core reactor structure. If you don't want inactive players in your clan kick them. Just quit crying about how others play the way GL set up the game. We are already having to adapt to a new war system that ripped clans that built their HQs core level up to be matched with clans that did not but have twice as many active players to fight and gather resources. The only planning is get all the boost because the other clan will and hope you have a chance with the other clan having twice as many players attacking.