no avatar

Janneman1967

Windows PC

Re: Clan wars rework - Discussion thread

Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:27 pm
Also the HP of a core should be much bigger. We are only a small clan (3 active members). Most wars we win and we don't bother to put in SM. The attackphase takes about 30 seconds to a minute unitl core distruction. That cannot be intended.
no avatar

ARJ

Windows PC

Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:41 pm
I dont see problems with clan wars matchups, all clans are in the same boat, contribute more to rise core level to get advantage in the war.
What I want to add is suggestion to add some kind of communication between clans who are in the war.
For example to send a request to surrender, if other clan see there is no point to fight, they surrender and lose less points and war could be ended immidiately it was started. If others want to fight and they lose they lose normal points, but if clan who asked others to surrender will lose, they will lose double points. This will speed up clan wars, as there are no rewards for win, only core power and this is the only thing why clan wars need to fight. Also will be nice to add some reward for win, as it is team task Allied points will be nice.

dm2912

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:25 pm
ARJ wrote:
I dont see problems with clan wars matchups, all clans are in the same boat, contribute more to rise core level to get advantage in the war.

not all clans are in the same boat at all. 

a level 5 clan being constantly matched with a level 20 clan is not in the same boat as a level 20 clan that constantly gets matched with level 5 clans

its not that easy to get a clan core up to level 20, especially with only a few members (because the way it currently is if you get more members you get even more stitched up in wars).

And lets not forget, a LOT of the Level 20 Core clans got there by cheating ;)

but please dont pretend there is not a problem with clan war matchmaking when its the one thing that most players are actually agreed on.

Load Toad

Windows PC

Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:06 pm
Those of us that have been playing the game for 2 yrs or more and have worked to get our clans in the top 50 will be hurt the most. We will find a new way to adapt to the latest change but with dread. The new players that constantly cry and never work to get better or learn how to win within the confines of the game will continue to cry foul.

Load Toad

Windows PC

Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:59 am
Those that think core size not member vault size should be how clans are matched in war will still cry they can't win after the update. Most all of the high level HQ clans will move their best players to new low level HQs and continue to win all wars. If you could not figure out how to win under the current game setup you will still lose after the change and cry cheaters!

«§†eal†h»

Windows PC

United States

Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:37 am
Just watched the live stream (recorded version of it anyways).

First, thanks for doing it.  It was laggy viewing for me.  If you are recording this in house I would imagine a nice clean recording would be available.  May I suggest that gets posted in the future once the live stream is done.  These streams will be helpful going forward.

Glad the clan wars rework is being done, competition is good and keeps us sharp.  Thanks for also recognizing that the reset does have a negative impact on some of us that have worked very hard for years literally to obtain and maintain a top clan rating.  The fact we will be getting some recognition for that to carry with us is something, much better than nothing.  I agree with other players that some type of instructions (detailed) or a slide show showing the whole process and reasoning would be very helpful BEFORE implementing the change.  I try not to complain here, it's not productive, however we are lacking in understanding the "mechanics" of the game.  One example would be understanding the scoring in Arena.  You would think I was asking for Colonel Sander's recipe.  Even that has been exposed.

Regarding the Arena vids.  I can not find a good recording software that doesn't impact the game.  Open to suggestions.  Also, there is a spot in the Arena which needs some fixing.  In the beta there was a building that was removed.  Seems only the skin was removed but it blocks movement and weapon ****.  Without any compass or labels within the Arena, not sure how to tell you where it is.  Sure you'll find it.
«§†eal†h»
f7h8h2a
no avatar

AaSa

Google Play (Android)

Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:50 am
War matching should be a combination of clan power and core level.
Not only clan power, but NOT only core lvl too, imagine a clan of 5 snipers matching a clan of 20 active snipers.

Also you should increase core HP, you raised the structures limits but you made it worse,core distraction is a matter of minutes
nobody is adding squadmates a long time now,nor he cares about his damage, you just have to have active and quick snipers
Name: AaSa
Clan: Jeagle Corp

We're looking for strong and active snipers.
Lvl 20 Core

Nakhshon

Apple (iOS)

Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:35 pm
For nearly a year now I have been an officer with the SPARTANS clan. Long before I joined this clan it was already in the top 50 list. Currently, we hold 13th place. Although it will be difficult at first to entertain the notion of a reset in standings and a seasonal approach to clan wars, I believe the proposition has merit. I would suggest, nonetheless, that a way be found to credit clans that have already been at the top and — after the new system is incorporated — reward those clans that have reached higher positions in the seasonal clan wars. Frankly, I have no concrete porposals on how that may be accomplished.

I also believe that the Matchmaking phase of clan wars needs to be corrected. I hasten to add, however, that I do not believe that the system needs to be completely overhauled, as some here have suggested. Matchmaking is based on Clan Power, which itself is a function of individual player levels and it also directly defines a clan's Core HP. Theoretically at least, if a clan has a high CP, then it should also possess enough manpower to acquire a better position during the preparation phase to Battle. Perhaps, with the premium that will now be placed on the preparation phase, Matchmaking may be more balanced. Nonetheless, I am in favor of "tweeking" this system with a view towards avoiding disproportional mismatches.

I applaud the attempt by the devs to replace the Invasion phase with a Preparation phase, which, I assume, will place a higher premium, if the clan so chooses, on deployment. For the last few months deployment was superfluous, as weapon systems and their respective gear affinities became much more powerful. From the little that I was able to understand from the Live Stream, the Preparation Phase opens up various strategic possibilities, all of which need to be much more clearly explained long before this new system is launched. Moreover, with the introduction of a "clan currency" that is, apparently, directly linked to the pvp aspect of the game, it becomes incumbent on the devs to explain: a. how much currency is acquired with each victorious pvp battle, and b. how much each individual "perk" will cost in order to activate it. 

And finally and, perhaps, most importantly, it is not clear to me whether clans will retain the levels of clan structures that they have already achieved. For our clan that is an important consideration for the following reason and I will be very blunt in spelling it out. Our clan DOES NOT ****. We NEVER cheated in acquiring APs and we never cheated in any clan war. Those individual members that were suspected of cheating were quickly and unceremoniously kicked out, only to join clans, where such practices were the norm, rather than the exception. To any experienced SF player, particularly those that are members of top 50 clans, it is absolutely no secret that most of the top clans have cheated their way into acquiring the level 20 structures they now display. I myself have addressed this issue numerous times here on this Forum, but to no avail. From what I gathered from the Live Steam, not only is this issue not being addressed, the new system will continue to "reward" the cheating clans. THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE. If this issue is not addressed then all these changes will be for naught.
μολὼν λαβέ
no avatar

Reaper_81

Apple (iOS)

Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:10 am
I totally agree with Nakhon,
couldn’t have said better myself. 
Reseting clan rating after each season is not bad idea. But what is being done against cheating clan? You are banning people for exploiting bug that allowed people use arena weapon in the wars but not banning people for exploiting AP ****. Doesn’t make sense....
all it takes complaining from opposite clan member to write a complaint about opponents and they get banned nobody does an invistigation....
all it takes testing on devs side before releasing patches and updates....I brought that up numerous times and I’m sure other people did also.
Take a look at top 15 clans and look at their structures (that’s how far I was looking at) and tell me how some of these clans managed to get all structures to lvl 20. Didn’t Daniel said that those cheating clans will be dropped to the levels before cheating, or is that just bunch of hot air  coming from him? You not punishing cheaters hard enough, they get ban for a few days and remain their rankings and continue to exploit cheats. In meantime y’all look other way because those P R I c K € dumping tons of cash into this game.
yall get ready to make changes to invasion/planning phase is that being tested or is that going to be cheated also? 
You can make all kinds of changes but if you don’t address cheaters it still going to S U C K!

™ کAک ₹

Windows PC

Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:55 am
Bonjour.

Il ne faut pas se faire d'illusions. Cette prétendue restructuration de la guerre des clans débouchera sur un aspect commercial comme cela en est coutumier avec Gameloft.

Ils nous ont fait le coup avec l'arène et leur publicité mensongère comme quoi nous nouvelle activité allait confronter les joueurs à leur seule habilité.

Cela a duré une saison (le bêta) suite à quoi Gameloft s'est empressé d'introduire un système de packs dont les bonus les plus efficaces sont bien entendus contenus dans les packs payants en non ceux gagnés.

Il en sera de même avec leur prétendu nouveau concept de la guerre des clans. ils vont laisser passer un minimum de temps pour recueillir les opinions avant d'introduire un aspect financier pour bénéficier de bonus défensifs et offensifs et faire de l'argent avec.