Daniel Gameloft

Community Manager

Bucharest

Clan wars rework - Discussion thread

Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:31 am
This topic is intended for discussing the changes mentioned for Clan Wars during the live stream.

Feel free to share your feedback here, be it positive or critical. 

Thanks!

-------
Topic will be unlocked after the Live stream today.

Game Community Manager
FAQ/Support page: http://support.gameloft.com/

*Note that I am unable to assist you with "Banned accounts" or "Cheater reports" type of cases. Please use the link above to contact our Customer Care team so we can further investigate your reported issue.

dm2912

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Re: Clan wars rework - Discussion thread

Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:45 pm
Biggest issue with clan wars remains the matching of Core 5 clans against those with Core 20

Hopefully a matchmaking rework solves that.
Sniper Fury Dog Tag: ehf7c09a
My Gear & Guns Charts (Updated 9/19): https://imgur.com/a/F12Rixn
R11-19 Ruby Missions: https://imgur.com/a/K9bZafK
no avatar

Welldangit

Windows PC

Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:46 pm
Nice job on the webcast you two. I like the clan updates, especially the reset.

JAGAWAR

Steam

United Kingdom

Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:49 pm
Daniel, as I'm sure you know, I am still very much against the clan ranking reset.

However, I will approach the update with an open mind - let's hope all the positive changes are worth the reset!

Satya Krishna

Windows PC

Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:03 pm
Are we going to keep pretending that the changes are only for good ? the game has been messed up big time with your latest update. chapter 31 got locked , bikini blaster got turned into a PvE weapon.  you guys haven't given us 6* SM's in exclusive packs for a very long time.. the promotion prices have been hiked ( 7* to 8* used to be 1400 diamond points which is now 2000 DP ) . now master pack sale doesn't coincide with VIP event !  what are we supposed to purchase during VIP event ?  you still have time to correct all the crap that you've been rubbing on all of us !  better late than never
no avatar

Drifter57

Windows PC

Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:23 pm
I hope you produce a written guide to this new approach, something like a slideshow, Before its implemented.
no avatar

elfaucon

Steam

Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:30 pm
Hello I am French and do not understand a word of English, if you could write a review of what was said I will translate it with google translation thank you
no avatar

gamer123BT

Apple (iOS)

Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:35 pm
dm2912 wrote:
Biggest issue with clan wars remains the matching of Core 5 clans against those with Core 20

Clan war matching needs rework.. Clans can reduce clan power to meet with lower level clans because GL system allowed us to do it..

Instead of active clan members, GL should group clans according to their core level.. For example, all clans core 18, 19 and 20 into one group; 15, 16 and 17 into another group; and etc..

During war searching, any clans in the same group will be matched, regarding of their clan power.. The war will be more balanced as core levels are much similar.. Besides that, it encourages other clans to recruit more players since clan power not relevant anymore..

dm2912

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:06 pm
gamer123BT wrote:
dm2912 wrote:

Clan war matching needs rework.. Clans can reduce clan power to meet with lower level clans because GL system allowed us to do it..

Instead of active clan members, GL should group clans according to their core level.. For example, all clans core 18, 19 and 20 into one group; 15, 16 and 17 into another group; and etc..

During war searching, any clans in the same group will be matched, regarding of their clan power.. The war will be more balanced as core levels are much similar.. Besides that, it encourages other clans to recruit more players since clan power not relevant anymore..

Agree 100%.

The primary factor when determining clan war matchups should be core level, thats all.

My clan have 8 members, core level 8, we cannot afford to take on more members because it will badly effect our matchups (we already get matched constantly against level 20 cores anyway. Probably 75% of our matches are against core 20 clans)
Sniper Fury Dog Tag: ehf7c09a
My Gear & Guns Charts (Updated 9/19): https://imgur.com/a/F12Rixn
R11-19 Ruby Missions: https://imgur.com/a/K9bZafK
no avatar

chrispy1355

Apple (iOS)

Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:53 pm
My clan has simply stopped playing CW because of constant match-ups with maxed-out core clans.  We have a current Clan Power of 669 and a Level 6 Core which we are working to upgrade; we were constantly being destroyed in a couple of minutes by clans using the available techniques that have a Level 20 Core - this has to stop.  I agree that grouping on core strength as a primary measure is the way to go; alternatively limit the match-up core strength differential (e.g. +/- 3).