ARusso

Windows PC

Question: Arena XP vs. PvP XP

Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:42 pm
Why the big difference? 200k XP per attack in Arena whether you finish 20th or 1st. Less than 3k for PvP and only if you win.

SniperSniper666

Windows PC

Re: Question: Arena XP vs. PvP XP

Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:04 pm
You don't get 200k XP when you lose. I think when you finish in one of the last places you get like 77500XP.
no avatar

AREA 51

Windows PC

Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:16 pm
I have been getting 200k whether I finish 20th or 1st.
no avatar

Soldier_64458

Apple (iOS)

Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:03 pm
It’s a fast easy way for XP without using raids.
Using the ruby boasts in arena
(Must use both ). Start then exit as soon as round begins. Loose 0 arena points (from the doubler boost) gain 200k XP
The repeat for 15 minutes or as long as your Ruby’s last.
no avatar

Man of Patience

Windows PC

Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:41 pm
1st-5th I get 100000, 6th-10th I get 70000, 11th-15th I get 40000, and 16th-20th I get 10000.  This on PC Windows 10.  Why are players getting different amounts?  Edit:  1st place is 125000.

«§†eal†h»

Windows PC

United States

Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:27 am
I see a lot of people getting different amounts of XP.  I've been getting 200k per round.  Maybe it is tied to your level?  By level I mean your player level.

There are a lot of unknowns that remain unexplained.  Knowing how the game works is critical and I wish Gameloft would provide more clarity for all of us.
«§†eal†h»
f7h8h2a
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:58 pm
ARusso wrote:
Why the big difference? 200k XP per attack in Arena whether you finish 20th or 1st. Less than 3k for PvP and only if you win.

My opinion...

I think Gameloft have to incentivise /attract players into the Arena.

The large XP is one of the incentives to play. Note also here: The input of a battle pack into the existing PvP ponzi style scheme loop - to eventually get a gear pack - is a nice added touch (read: incentive) also. 

Why are incentives needed? (again, my opinion...)

Arena runs the risk of becoming yet another largely unsatisfying, time consuming (what I call) "bolt on distraction" to SF. There is also a risk of it being ignored by most of the player base - or they just wont be bothered to play it because of the non- interchangeable currencies and/or expiring (non save-up-able) rewards.

Bolt-on distractions with their own individual non exchangeable short term currencies (and/or expiring rewards) are growing in number - examples include: Global Hunt, Exotic Weapon Events, Holo badge events, Drone Ops, etc. [and... some say that Battle Pass, Warlord and anything with the word "clan" in it are distractions also - but these are topics for another day].

Essentially (in case you hadn't noticed) SF is (other than region missions) becoming a platform for short-term (temporary) / expiring rewards events. Also: The number of currencies (that are not inter-chageable to other segments of the game) is on the rise; Dilution (i.e. number of possible winnings) is on the rise; Expiring rewards / game components are on the rise; Complexity and confusion are on the rise; etc. I'm not judging any of this by the way - they are just observations. 

Last comment: Arena is not quite like PvP anyway - most of the time when I play the arena it seems like I'm matched up against bots. Occasionally there is another player (who's profile I can find) in there but it's not that often. It would be great if I got 5 PvP trophies/points each time I played arena and won - but I'm thankful enough for the XP winfall and the Combat Pack that goes into the ponzi scheme.   

Edit (one day later prior to season end on August 9, 2019): Just did the latest update to SF (forced on August 9, 2019). It seems as though some significant nerfing has happened. To compound this - it seems that the bots have had their abilities buffed - such that they are able to kill me in one single shot (but I haven't managed to be able to kill them with a single shot). See comments above re. risk of becoming a bolt on distraction. See also this thread relating to other players arena observations after updating... https://forum.gameloft.com/viewtopic.php?f=2031&t=686167

Edit (August 11, 2019). Have reported this as a bug here: https://forum.gameloft.com/viewtopic.php?f=2031&t=658934&p=3785111#p3785111
SnipeyMcSniperFace / DT was a78d2d5 now a78d2d5b / Android / Server: apa / 1. ​Been playing SF since UPD6 (Aug 2016) and every day since Nov 2016 / 2. I am a Gameloft customer not employee / 3. Sometimes I find it annoying when SF changes / 4. I value privacy so I am not on Facebook / 5. I don't take cosplay selfies of me dressed in latex as SF characters like Val or Daisy, etc. (no matter how cute it would be!)
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:12 pm
FYI

Current Gameloft response to:
A. Pending Arena rewards issue
B. Current arena play experience imbalance

viewtopic.php?f=2031&t=686211&start=30#p3786111
SnipeyMcSniperFace / DT was a78d2d5 now a78d2d5b / Android / Server: apa / 1. ​Been playing SF since UPD6 (Aug 2016) and every day since Nov 2016 / 2. I am a Gameloft customer not employee / 3. Sometimes I find it annoying when SF changes / 4. I value privacy so I am not on Facebook / 5. I don't take cosplay selfies of me dressed in latex as SF characters like Val or Daisy, etc. (no matter how cute it would be!)