freemarketmike

Windows PC

Critical Hits

Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:28 am
Does anyone know what percent more a critical hit does over a normal hit?  (Disregard any critical hit chance or damage bonuses.)  Should we assume the percentage damage increase is the same for every gun?  (again, disregarding any bonuses you see in the PVP screen.)

Thanks!
-Mike
no avatar

Tridev Bhattacharya

Google Play (Android)

Re: Critical Hits

Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:13 am
Critical hit random, can't say anything without proper calculation formula, we can guess it's after several uses.
Basically 50%+50% critical hit chance(deadeye affinity/weapon affinity) do more critical hit than others(guess).
And yes it's shows final dpm calculating critical hit chance.
And it's not same for every gun, ex- some affinity gives 10% critical hit chance or some 1% when weapon affinity active.

And there's another thing that is critical hit multiplayer it's normally 2x for every weapon (exotic event weapon/battle pass)
There's exception also for some affinity gives 5x .

Correct if anything wrong.
And it's my point of view.
There's always a way- if
you're commited.

NinjaZXR

Windows PC

Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:52 am
So in summary, disregarding crritical hit chance and gear boosts,
most weapons have a Critical Hit bonus of 2x,
so that would be twice the damage of a normal hit.
Attachments
CritHitX.jpg
CritHitX.jpg (78.98 KiB) Viewed 659 times

Daniel Gameloft

Community Manager

Bucharest

Critical Hits

Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:19 am
Should work like this:

If you hit a critical, it should deal double the damage.
For example, if a normal hit would deal 2000 damage, a critical will deal 2000x2 = 4000 damage.

If you have a CRITICAL HIT DAMAGE BONUS (Multiplier) from a head piece of hear that gives you +1x critical damage, you should have a total of 2x (default weapon value) + 1x (from the gear bonus) = 3x total multiplier.
So, if you hit a critical with a 3x multiplier, you'll deal (for example) 2000 base weapon hit x3 = 6000 damage.

This applies to any type of weapon.
 Game Community Manager
FAQ/Support page: http://support.gameloft.com/

*Note that I am unable to assist you with "Banned accounts" or "Cheater reports" type of cases. Please use the link above to contact our Customer Care team so we can further investigate your reported issue.

freemarketmike

Windows PC

Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:55 pm
Daniel Gameloft wrote:
Should work like this:

If you hit a critical, it should deal double the damage.
For example, if a normal hit would deal 2000 damage, a critical will deal 2000x2 = 4000 damage.

If you have a CRITICAL HIT DAMAGE BONUS (Multiplier) from a head piece of hear that gives you +1x critical damage, you should have a total of 2x (default weapon value) + 1x (from the gear bonus) = 3x total multiplier.
So, if you hit a critical with a 3x multiplier, you'll deal (for example) 2000 base weapon hit x3 = 6000 damage.

This applies to any type of weapon.

Daniel, this is very helpful!  Thank you!  In addition to how much DAMAGE the critical hits provide (which you've explained perfectly), can you also explain what % of hits (by default) are critical hits?  For instance, if you have 100 hits at 2000 damage, how many of those hits on average will end up being critical hits?  (Again, ignoring the critical hit chance bonus.)
-Mike

freemarketmike

Windows PC

Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:59 pm
Daniel, also, does the 3 year anniversary badge counteract the critical hit damage bonus? For example, if your gun has a 4x CRITICAL HIT DAMAGE BONUS, but you have the 3 yr holo badge (which provides 3x critical hits on boss/war) loaded for a war/boss hit, do you only get 3x damage instead of the 4x damage for critical hits?

Thanks!
-Mike
no avatar

Tridev Bhattacharya

Google Play (Android)

Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:01 am
Then it will provide 3x.

It was examined before. @mike
There's always a way- if
you're commited.

freemarketmike

Windows PC

Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:34 pm
Tridev Bhattacharya wrote:
Then it will provide 3x.

It was examined before. @mike

Good to know!  Thanks for that.  I'm finally realizing that the Critical Hit Damage bonus and the Critical Hit Chance bonus represent the exact values you should experience for critical hits.  For example, if you have a 10% Critical Hit Chance bonus, then 10% of your hits will be a critical hit.  And, despite how Daniel described it, if your gun has a 2x Critical Damage bonus, then your critical hits will actually be 2x regular hits.  Took me a lot of analysis yesterday to finally come to this fairly obvious conclusion.  lol  ~Mike
no avatar

F.Krueger

Windows PC

Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:52 pm
freemarketmike wrote:
For example, if you have a 10% Critical Hit Chance bonus, then 10% of your hits will be a critical hit.

According to conventional math yes, but this is Fame Lost- nothing conventional, normal or sensible applies here. Contagion has 10% crit. hit chance yet i have emtied 3 clips w/o a single crit.hit!
"Make Metallica great again!" - Donald from U.S.A.

freemarketmike

Windows PC

Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:52 am
F.Krueger wrote:
freemarketmike wrote:
For example, if you have a 10% Critical Hit Chance bonus, then 10% of your hits will be a critical hit.

According to conventional math yes, but this is Fame Lost- nothing conventional, normal or sensible applies here. Contagion has 10% crit. hit chance yet i have emtied 3 clips w/o a single crit.hit!

I did some light-weight testing on this, and yes, it's possible to shoot 3 clips from CB (24 shots) and not have a critical hit.  But then I've noticed you might get 3 critical hits in the same clip.  Over 100 shots, I would expect you to be close to 10% though.