Daniel Gameloft

Community Manager

Bucharest

Deputies FAQs

Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:40 pm
Hello Snipers!

Please find below a list of FAQs related to Deputies.

If you have any questions that are not mentioned below, please write it in this thread and I will update the list of Q&As. :)

What are Deputies?
Deputies are personal assistants that can be rented. While active, they will help you with certain activities.

How can I hire Deputies?
Deputies can be hired via "My base" menu, by tapping the Deputy portrait icon that cycles through available deputies and their remaining rent time. 

How can The Operator assist me?
The Operator will assist you with Exotic Event participation. Her main duty is to take care of your Supreme Packs. She will assist you by opening up packs when they are ready, and generating a new one to be placed on a slot whenever one is empty (if all slots are available, it generates instantly for all slots).

Will the packs generated by the operator cost me any extra Rubies?
No, they are generated for free, however they will still cost Rubies if you choose to skip the opening timer.

Will the Operator open packs and generate new packs when I'm offline as well?
Yes, you don't need to be online to benefit from this hireling. 

How can the Logistics Officer [Quartermaster] assist me?
Quartermaster will provide assistance with Special Ops. His main perks are:
- Increases chance of success of all Spec ops by 10% while active
- Automatically claims rewards for the completed missions, freeing the squad mates
- Auto-assigns squad mates to the current Squad Ops when the deputy portrait is tapped

How can I use the Logistics Officer [Quartermaster]?
After activating it, you can tap on the new Icon from the spec ops missions assignment screen to have the Quartermaster auto-assign Squad mates.

Will the Logistics Officer [Quartermaster] claim Domination rewards as well?
No, he will not claim Domination rewards. However, it can be used for squad mates assignment in the Domination mode. 

What will happen with the rewards that are capped? Will I still get these rewards?
The Logistics Officer [Quartermaster] will not claim any rewards that would result in exceeding a cap. 

How will the Logistics Officer [Quartermaster] know where to assign the Squad Mates?
He will try to find the best Squad mate combination for the current mission, taking into account Squad Mate perks that affect success rate, assigned drones and Squad Ops buffs. The result is based on success chance available, which might be below or above 100%.

Will the Logistics Officer [Quartermaster] be able to assign Squad Mates above the tier of the missions?
Yes. The Deputy will only use Squad Mates that have a tier equal to the mission or up to +2 higher.

What will happen if the Logistics Officer [Quartermaster] can't find a high chance combination of Squad mates?
If no suitable combination is found (incomplete slots or success rate <50%), the Quartermaster will leave the slots populated with whatever it found and it will show a warning pop-up (if no suitable SM is available, it will show a different warning pop-up).

Will the Logistics Officer [Quartermaster] use Squad mates assigned in war or base?
Squad Mates that are in war, assigned in base, wounded or MIA are excluded from his searches.

Game Community Manager
FAQ/Support page: http://support.gameloft.com/

*Note that I am unable to assist you with "Banned accounts" or "Cheater reports" type of cases. Please use the link above to contact our Customer Care team so we can further investigate your reported issue.

Daniel Gameloft

Community Manager

Bucharest

Re: Deputies FAQs

Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:44 pm
Quick note: If you have a question that should be added to the FAQs above, please mark it in bold. This way it will be easier for me to spot them, in case there is a longer message.

Game Community Manager

*Note that I am unable to assist you with "Banned accounts" or "Cheater reports" type of cases. Please use the link above to contact our Customer Care team so we can further investigate your reported issue.
no avatar

Hellbringer

Marksman

Windows PC

Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:09 pm
OPERATOR:

Where will these "generated" packs come from?

Will the Operator automatically replay already completed Chapter missions, or will it continue forward playing currently unopened missions, and continue opening future Chapters if the proper time frame has passed to have them unlocked? Is this going to be a "pay to autoplay" feature? Or will these packs just magically appear from thin air?
"Take it or leave it." - Julian from Gameloft

Daniel Gameloft

Community Manager

Bucharest

Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:16 pm
Is this going to be a "pay to autoplay" feature? Or will these packs just magically appear from thin air?

Magically appear from thin air.

You'll still have to complete event chapters in order to unlock the weapons. The operator can be there while you are offline, in order to get some additional Supreme packs.

Game Community Manager

dm2912

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:19 pm
Is there a cost to hire deputies (and if so how much)

How long is the rental period?

Can rentals be cancelled early (ie. If you have had operator activated while offline, but now want quartermaster activated
Sniper Fury Dog Tag: ehf7c09a
My Gear & Guns Charts (Updated 3/19): https://imgur.com/a/F12Rixn
R11-19 Ruby Missions: https://imgur.com/a/K9bZafK

Daniel Gameloft

Community Manager

Bucharest

Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:27 pm

Yes. You can hire Deputies by using Rubies. Value is not final right now. Better refer to the in-game prices when the update is released. (Should not exceed 800 Rubies tho)
How long is the rental period?

Depends on the Deputy. Values are not final, but these should go from 8 to 10 hours.
Can rentals be cancelled early (ie. If you have had operator activated while offline, but now want quartermaster activated

No, you cannot stop the rental timer. However, you can have both deputies active at the same time.

Game Community Manager

no avatar

KAS

Google Play (Android)

Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:45 pm
With spec ops I'm upgrading my squtemates, that means that I pick the one who's not fully upgraded for misions. How will Deputy chose which of the same squademates for misions or if it's possible that she choose the one which is not fully upgraded?

dm2912

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:56 pm
Daniel Gameloft wrote:

Yes. You can hire Deputies by using Rubies. Value is not final right now. Better refer to the in-game prices when the update is released. (Should not exceed 800 Rubies tho)

Well if its 500 or more its better to just buy supreme packs (If its 8 hours rental)

If I go offline for 8 hours, I can do 3 missions before I go offline to queue, so at the end of 8 hours when I return, there are 3 boxes ready to open.

h1 - 1
h2 - 1
h3 - 1
h4 - x
h5 - x
h6 - x
h7 - x
h8 - x return to game
h9 - 1

If the deputy lasts for 8 hours, then I would still have 3 queued before I went offline, and at the end of the 8 hours when I return, It will have opened 8 boxes ( a gain of five versus no deputy at all)

h1 - 1
h2 - 1
h3 - 1
h4 - 1
h5 - 1
h6 - 1
h7 - 1
h8 - 1 -  return to game
h9 - 1

So bearing in mind I can buy 4 x Supreme packs for 400 rubies (and be free of the manipulated drop rates in the events) it wouldnt be good value.

I appreciate neither the cost or the time has been set in stone yet, but just pointing out, that if it was 500 rubies or more, for 8 hours then it would actually leave the player worse off

Or to make maths of it

If C => H - 3 * 100 then not worth it

(Where C=cost, H=number of hours)

:)

(Even at 400 ruby cost its debatable whether 5 in event supreme packs is better than 4 regular supreme packs when you bear in mind the manipulated drops, in fact, given a choice between 5 in event packs for 300 ruby and 4 regular packs for 400 I know which ones I would choose. Because of the drop rates the percieved value of in event supreme packs to the player is pretty low)

darwindesign

Tier 7 Squad Mate Sharpshooter

Windows PC

Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:09 pm
This "Operator" is just a way to sell you x number of s-packs for x many rubies. Why would they not just discount the s-packs or offer a pack of them at that price instead of going through this whole dog and pony show? It seems to me that the s-packs earned in the event are different than what you open from the shop. Once you advance so far in the chapters then your drops from the in-event packs get manipulated against your favor while the packs in the store are tweaked to fill in disparities in your stock, or at least that is what my game has been looking like since the new format was introduced. I suspect that the legality of manipulating the store packs which are paid for with premium currency are not an issue with the in-event packs which are not. I suspect that the end result will likely be that any discount you may get from this new system may be offset by how many parts end up wasted in the end.

As for the Quartermaster who is this even aimed for? If you are someone looking to earn rubies from ops then renting this thing is going to get you LESS rubies since you still have the same ops in the same time frame but you have to pay rubies for it to save you time. It does not work in domination which is where something like this would be most valuable. It also is not useful to players who use time reducing soldiers as that is not what it is programmed for. They could have made it so you hit a button and it reloaded the same soldiers as what you used previously but I guess that would have been too useful and player friendly.
One foot out the door.

dm2912

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:55 pm
darwindesign wrote:
This "Operator" is just a way to sell you x number of s-packs for x many rubies. Why would they not just discount the s-packs or offer a pack of them at that price instead of going through this whole dog and pony show? It seems to me that the s-packs earned in the event are different than what you open from the shop. Once you advance so far in the chapters then your drops from the in-event packs get manipulated against your favor while the packs in the store are tweaked to fill in disparities in your stock, or at least that is what my game has been looking like since the new format was introduced. I suspect that the legality of manipulating the store packs which are paid for with premium currency are not an issue with the in-event packs which are not. I suspect that the end result will likely be that any discount you may get from this new system may be offset by how many parts end up wasted in the end.

exactly

So while the regular supreme packs are 100 rubies each (if you buy 4), the value of the in-event/manipulated supreme packs are well below that. 

If the assistant is hired for say 8 hours, and therefore providing 5 additional (manipulated) packs, then the value is probably in real terms, about 200-300 rubies

I dont think I would even pay 300 for the assistant, why take my chances with 300 rubies for 5 dodgy knock-off packs when I can buy 4 genuine packs for 400. :D