joulesvern

Peacemaker

Windows PC

for reasons unknown many still do NOT grasp that GL is a simple arms dealer, they supply weapontry and in exchange collect remittance in the form of rubies

arms dealers do NOT have friends or relationships with their customers, it is bad for business, thus they operate on a strictly "quid pro quo" (in Latin "this for that") without the promise of refunds or exchanges

again, an arms dealer, and not being in the trade I can only speculate, rarely offer refunds or exchanges, rather it is "caveat emptor", more Latin for "let the buyer beware"

sadly I was one that put out 500 rubies for the shield until Tuesday evening well past the original league end. while logic does support the notion that GL should have waited for the league to end to thus avoid the costly lost customer faith and allegiance, we again need to remember that GL is an "arms dealer", they have no allegiance nor real interest in a relationship with their customer base, they are strictly in the business of selling a product, as poorly conceived as it is.

to put GL in the grouping of conciencious and intimate with their customer base is well, to borrow another Latin term, non sequitur (translated, "it does not follow")

GL has promoted that Sniper Fury has been around 3 years and I have been playing for 2-1/2 years, I just understand from all that time in the game that we players are NOT the priority to their business decisions, only profit.

so again GL is an arms dealer, plain and simple. the sooner one accepts that the less likely one will be surprised and frustrated with the way matters pan out

thus endith the Latin lesson for the day
I think we're going to need a bigger body bag.... a)  

Daniel Gameloft

Community Manager

Bucharest

[NEWS] Season extended until 10 January

Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:52 pm
Hello,

Recently activated shields (prior to this announcement) will be eligible for a refund. Please open a ticket via the in-game Customer Care button so we can check your account data and send the rubies back.

We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Game Community Manager
FAQ/Support page: http://support.gameloft.com/

Decker

Veteran

Windows PC

Love the comparison Joules, but I have had dealing with arms dealers (defensive component sales to them only) in the past and they do actually have a more customer focused approach than GL do, they do care to keep their customer and suppliers happy enough to keep returning, by stuffing them every time they just loose them :) Business over.

By simple logic - Arms Dealers > GL

Now that's just not a nice position to be in is it!?!
I used to be old and grumpy - Now I'm just pissed!

flysgirl

Windows PC

Since you decided to go ahead last minute basically to decide to extend the season by 2 days... are you going to refund everyone or extend the 3 day shield many paid for????  how totally unfair!  why not just hold off on the update that you already know is going to mess up things for people.  I really hope those of us that paid to shield get reimbursed!   It's bad enough that you have more problems in the game and with every new addition it gets worse, you decide to change your minds basically last minute and realistically i feel robbed since i paid for a 3 day shield.  This just adds to the list of reasons to stop playing this game.
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Google Play (Android)

Daniel Gameloft wrote:

This has been done in order to avoid potential issues caused by game version upgrade - as Update 32 has been released today, there was a chance that some players would miss rewards if they still had UPD31 running. 

thank you for letting us know Daniel
SF user: SnipeyMcSniperFace Id: a78d2d5 Platform: Android
  1. ​Been playing SF every day since Nov 2016.
  2. I don't work for Gameloft - I'm their customer.
  3. Sometimes I find it annoying when changes are made to SF.
  4. Please don't message me asking if I'm on Facebook. I'm not on Facebook. I value privacy therefore no Facebook ever.
  5. No matter how cute it would be, I'm not going to send you a selfie of me dressed in latex as a SF character like Val or Daisy or Iris, etc.
no avatar

soldier_47352

Peacemaker

Windows PC

SnipeyMcSniperFace wrote:
Daniel Gameloft wrote:

This has been done in order to avoid potential issues caused by game version upgrade - as Update 32 has been released today, there was a chance that some players would miss rewards if they still had UPD31 running. 

thank you for letting us know Daniel

if you have a hanky, you can wipe some of that brown stuff off your nose, Swipey.
Blessed are the Peacemakers, for they shall inherit ...nothing really

Decker

Veteran

Windows PC

There may have been a modicum of sarcasm in there due to no one knew about it (I didn't, did you?) Steam updated on startup and PC I had to open the store after I seen this.

Another - GL we updated everything and your all bollocked because we didn't test it again :D

Ilya L.

Veteran

Windows PC

Same situation; veni vidi defui , 500 rocks invested.
f6g3cb

dm2912

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

flysgirl wrote:
Since you decided to go ahead last minute basically to decide to extend the season by 2 days... are you going to refund everyone or extend the 3 day shield many paid for????  how totally unfair!  why not just hold off on the update that you already know is going to mess up things for people.  I really hope those of us that paid to shield get reimbursed!   It's bad enough that you have more problems in the game and with every new addition it gets worse, you decide to change your minds basically last minute and realistically i feel robbed since i paid for a 3 day shield.  This just adds to the list of reasons to stop playing this game.

literally two posts above yours is a post from a gameloft rep saying that they will refund any shields purchased prior to that message, and to put in to customer care...
Sniper Fury Dog Tag: ehf7c09a
My Gear & Guns Charts (Updated 1/19): https://imgur.com/a/F12Rixn
R11-19 Ruby Missions: https://imgur.com/a/K9bZafK

Decker

Veteran

Windows PC

Maybe hadn't propopgated yet, should soldier get his hanky out again?