dm2912

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Re: UPDATE 31 Patch Notes

Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:27 pm
Hellbringer wrote:
dm2912 wrote:
as an example. this is a level 66 player. 

a successful defence gives all my sm's 10k XP

So although, I could only upgrade my SM's to level 66/75 using Xp and gold, you can see that two of them (the two I had the longest) were at level 69, purely from the XP gained from base defences.

level 69 to 70 is about 1.5m xp, so 15 successful base defences and my level 69's will be level 70.

(this is why for players below level 75 its worth keeping your sm's as upgraded as you can so you benefit from teh bonus xp that you couldnt normally get)

Your math seems a little fuzzy. 1.5m (1,500,000) divided by 10,000 equals 150, not 15. Just a few more successful defenses required for that "free" SM upgrade, lol.

yeh, probably. i did use a calculator but gamelofts insistance of using multiple number formats always throws me. :D

i went from this (which is the level 70 to 71 upgrade)

which came out at a difference of 156,700 which i then divided by 10,000

Gameloft im presuming have helpfully left the "k" off the end of the number to confuse me

edit: actually no, im correct, it is 15 base attacks.

To upgrade from level 70 to level 71 requires 53 x 3000xp cards - total xp, 150,000

or 15 base attacks

Sniper Fury Dog Tag: ehf7c09a
My Gear & Guns Charts (Updated 5/19): https://imgur.com/a/F12Rixn
R11-19 Ruby Missions: https://imgur.com/a/K9bZafK

dm2912

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:39 pm
Hellbringer wrote:
dm2912 wrote:
as an example. this is a level 66 player. 

a successful defence gives all my sm's 10k XP

So although, I could only upgrade my SM's to level 66/75 using Xp and gold, you can see that two of them (the two I had the longest) were at level 69, purely from the XP gained from base defences.

level 69 to 70 is about 1.5m xp, so 15 successful base defences and my level 69's will be level 70.

(this is why for players below level 75 its worth keeping your sm's as upgraded as you can so you benefit from teh bonus xp that you couldnt normally get)

Your math seems a little fuzzy. 1.5m (1,500,000) divided by 10,000 equals 150, not 15. Just a few more successful defenses required for that "free" SM upgrade, lol.

just tested.

Level 68 to level 69 takes 40 x 3000 xp cards

so a total of 120,000 xp

so 12 succesful base defences at 10,000 each, unless im really missing something?

Sniper Fury Dog Tag: ehf7c09a
My Gear & Guns Charts (Updated 5/19): https://imgur.com/a/F12Rixn
R11-19 Ruby Missions: https://imgur.com/a/K9bZafK

Norm1965

Windows PC

Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:52 pm
@Darwin - I love reading your posts and appreciate your experience and advice, so please don't take this as any sort of attack!
I'm just wondering how it is that you seem to know as much, possibly more, than the mods! Are 'you' a mod?
Just curious because Daniel 'did' say end of week for the update, yet you seem to say otherwise!

Norm

Roy T

Windows PC

Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:11 am
@Norm1965 DD has been playing this game for over 2 years, Daniel has not.

Norm1965

Windows PC

Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:24 am
Roy T wrote:
@Norm1965 DD has been playing this game for over 2 years, Daniel has not.

As have I! 
Daniel is an employee of GL! To my knowledge DD isn't!
As I said... I was just curious to know how DD would know more than Daniel!

Norm

darwindesign

Tier 7 Squad Mate Sharpshooter

Windows PC

Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:31 am
Norm a few of us are in communication with some of the GL staff. I didn't know something that Daniel didn't, I just posted information that was more current than when Daniel posted that. When he posted that info he was giving the best guesstimate he had at the time. If you read what I wrote, I didn't say I knew when it would be either, other than 'not Friday'. The exact date of when updates hit is not entirely in GL's control (that is general app store info, not from GL).

The other part is as Roy mentioned I have been playing this game a long time and I've picked up some things along the way. I just happen to be one of those weird people who enjoy figuring out the secrets to how games work as much as actually playing the game.
One foot out the door.

Norm1965

Windows PC

Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:34 am
darwindesign wrote:
Norm a few of us are in communication with some of the GL staff. I didn't know something that Daniel didn't, I just posted information that was more current than when Daniel posted that. When he posted that info he was giving the best guesstimate he had at the time. If you read what I wrote, I didn't say I knew when it would be either, other than 'not Friday'. The exact date of when updates hit is not entirely in GL's control (that is general app store info, not from GL).

The other part is as Roy mentioned I have been playing this game a long time and I've picked up some things along the way. I just happen to be one of those weird people who enjoy figuring out the secrets to how games work as much as actually playing the game.

And as I mentionned, I know you've played a long time and are an expert on the game! I've also played a long time but admittedly, not half as good, or knowledgeable, as you! 
It's nice to see people such as you share their wisdom and experience with others! Kudos to you!
I was simply curious to know what was your role, if any, within GL!
My apologies if I misspoke and it was taken the wrong way!

Norm
no avatar

Weaponx101

Google Play (Android)

Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:09 am
My ruby membership has not awarded me this month and it was paid on the third my dog tag is ec29e51a

darwindesign

Windows PC

Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:22 am
Weaponx101 wrote:
My ruby membership has not awarded me this month and it was paid on the third my dog tag is ec29e51a

You will have to file a customer support ticket for that. Go to the settings in your game and navigate the maze.
One foot out the door.

darwindesign

Windows PC

Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:36 am
Norm1965 wrote:
...I was simply curious to know what was your role, if any, within GL!
My apologies if I misspoke and it was taken the wrong way!

I have no role or position with GL, i'm just a player like you. I'm not sure why you think I would jump on your case. If I get terse with someone there is a reason. For example the person who felt the need to drag out my 'not friday' response was fully aware of where and how I would have gotten that info. I'm not a huge fan of trolls. I'm more than happy to try to help everyone else.
One foot out the door.