dm2912

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Re: UPDATE 31 Patch Notes

Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:23 pm
Hellbringer wrote:
Do we really need MORE SMs that won't die the first time you kill them. These new abilities are out of control. How about the tiniest bit of realism to the game, when you kill something it should stay dead. 

if you want realism then everything would die with a single shot to the head from pretty much any gun, and rpg's would certainly kill everything with a single hit

realism went out the window a long long time ago
Sniper Fury Dog Tag: ehf7c09a
My Gear & Guns Charts (Updated 9/19): https://imgur.com/a/F12Rixn
R11-19 Ruby Missions: https://imgur.com/a/K9bZafK

dm2912

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:28 pm
darwindesign wrote:
Daniel Gameloft wrote:
Base revamp

Developer comments: “In this update we have changed how the base looks. Our goal with this change were to make the distinction between the first and the second room clearer and open up the design space for future defense upgrades and features - it also makes it easier for our new players to understand how it works. Since the Base was where the defense is taking place, we moved the Fight button to a more prominent position and only Test Defense remains. We will continue to work on how the base looks and make additional quality of life changes, based on your feedback. Please leave a comment below and let us know your thoughts!”

Room 1:
In this room you will be able to change squad mates, deploy drones, and analyze your defenses. 

Room 2:
In this room you will be able to activate Defense items such as Aegis Barrier or Floodlights. Also, the displayed avatar will wear your DEFENSE GEAR PRESET (Read more about it below).
When you try to test the defense now, you will always fight vs your Defense preset (while you can attack using one of the normal preset slots).

Main Changes:
- Redesigned base layout
- Two base screens - Room 1 (Squad mates) & Room 2 (Avatar)
- Removed the “Fight” button from Base menu (It has been moved on the landing Main Menu)

Thank you so much. The devs originally designed it too well in the first place as you had only a single glace to see all the info you needed and could rapidly add what you wanted. The fact that they kept this effecent layout all this time with only improving the appearance was practicly unbearable. It was long overdue for them to do what they do to this aspect of the game.

Who were the players who asked for this? I'm just asking for a friend.

I think the key line is this one
 open up the design space for future defense upgrades and features

So from that I take there are things they are planning in the future that there wasnt room for on the screen as it was. 

on the surface two screens when one currently suffices seems unnessassary but, if new features are to be added, maybe not

Although the most pressing issue in bases remains the fact that the second room avatar can be taken out with a single shot from most weapons

While SM's strength has gradually increase with T6, then T7, and now T8 squad, the second room avatar as remained as a 4* squadmate
Sniper Fury Dog Tag: ehf7c09a
My Gear & Guns Charts (Updated 9/19): https://imgur.com/a/F12Rixn
R11-19 Ruby Missions: https://imgur.com/a/K9bZafK

darwindesign

Tier 7 Squad Mate Sharpshooter

Windows PC

Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:47 pm
dm2912 wrote:
I think the key line is this one
 open up the design space for future defense upgrades and features

Is it? That looked to me more like a clever way to cover against negative feedback they already knew was coming. Why exactly would they need to make room in this update for something that might come in a future update?
One foot out the door.
no avatar

Hellbringer

Marksman

Windows PC

Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:05 am
dm2912 wrote:
Hellbringer wrote:
Do we really need MORE SMs that won't die the first time you kill them. These new abilities are out of control. How about the tiniest bit of realism to the game, when you kill something it should stay dead. 

if you want realism then everything would die with a single shot to the head from pretty much any gun, and rpg's would certainly kill everything with a single hit

realism went out the window a long long time ago

I wasn't asking for reality or realism in the entire game, was I? Even if it takes 200 shots to kill something it should stay dead. This is SF, not TWD.
"Take it or leave it." - Julian from Gameloft

darwindesign

Tier 7 Squad Mate Sharpshooter

Windows PC

Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:39 am
We seem to be rapidly approaching the point where they introduce a soldier that jumps a shark after you kill it.
One foot out the door.

Andreas_Edelhofer

Windows PC

Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:04 am
Klan wars should not be chosen for Klan strength but for won wars as there are clans that purposely reduce themselves to scare Guardian Clan points in order to progress in the Ranglieste and the weak clans who would like to make war the fun since they lost have no more cange. A clan with 20 players a clan strength of 1100 against a clan of 10 players with the same strength. Clan with the 10 players as they are all LVL 70 and higher

Patrick P.

Windows PC

Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:41 am
dm2912 wrote:

Although the most pressing issue in bases remains the fact that the second room avatar can be taken out with a single shot from most weapons

While SM's strength has gradually increase with T6, then T7, and now T8 squad, the second room avatar as remained as a 4* squadmate

I agree, strange that the avatar is taken out with one shot. Maybe it's due to the 2nd room base defenses GL made so the Avatar is a one hit target.

GWD

Veteran

Windows PC

Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:03 am
How about the SM that slows you down. I wonder if your own slow motion would negate that and the game would return to normal speed. In other words, they cancel each other. Hmmmm....
Just so GL doesn't have to ask:
Dogtag: f82cd4e
Language: English
Computer: Windows 10 (updated), i7 6700 @ 3.40GHz, Alienware Aurora, DDR4 32GB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
ATT Internet 50 MB/sec
no avatar

Steam

Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:43 am
Clan HQ level cap raised to 20??
I hope GL tune down the upgrade cost.
Or raised the Normal Clan Boss AP reward.

Daniel Gameloft

Community Manager

Bucharest

UPDATE 31 Patch Notes

Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:55 am
Hello,

Just to clear up some things about the Clan level changes.

Previously, the clan core had a damage reduction perk, meaning it had an effective HP of (Current HP * Damage Reduction) modifier. Meaning, a full clan with a level 10 core would have ~260b visible HP, however the in-game HP would be ~390b (since the core has 50% damage reduction at level 10). With the new clan base changes, we've reworded the text to better reflect this behavior.

Also, right now it is not the time to worry about Lv20 clans. It will take quite a while until that level is reached.

Moreover, for AP rewards, right now there won't be any changes (apart from an increased reward for defeating Mech boss). We'll keep an eye on your feedback and monitor our data & make further adjustments, if that's required. I'll keep you updated!

Game Community Manager
FAQ/Support page: http://support.gameloft.com/

*Note that I am unable to assist you with "Banned accounts" or "Cheater reports" type of cases. Please use the link above to contact our Customer Care team so we can further investigate your reported issue.