no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Re: [New] Bug report topic

Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:26 am
Location in game: Arena
Problem: Exotic weapon is selected

This fault is happening more often lately. But its intermittency has made it difficult to analyse under exactly what circumstances it is happening - so I have held back on reporting it until now.

Check out the screen pics attached to this message.
1. Count up timer screen
2. Gear selection screen

I'm in the Arena but Lawnmower (an exotic weapon) is equipped. Lawnmower is not an Arena weapon.

Whenever Lawnmower is equipped the count up timer for an Arena match goes on indefinitely and I have to restart the game.
Attachments
Screenshot_20191221-140256.png
Screenshot_20191221-140256.png (1.6 MiB) Viewed 1264 times
SnipeyMcSniperFace / DT was a78d2d5 now a78d2d5b / Android / 1. ​Been playing SF since UPD6 (Aug 2016) and every day since Nov 2016 / 2. I am a Gameloft customer not employee / 3. Sometimes I find it annoying when SF changes / 4. I value privacy so I am not on Facebook / 5. I don't take cosplay selfies of me dressed in latex as SF characters like Val or Daisy, etc. (no matter how cute it would be!)
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:27 am
SnipeyMcSniperFace wrote:

This fault is happening more often lately. But its intermittency has made it difficult to analyse under exactly what circumstances it is happening - so I have held back on reporting it until now.

1. Count up timer screen
2. Gear selection screen

I'm in the Arena but Lawnmower (an exotic weapon) is equipped. Lawnmower is not an Arena weapon.

Whenever Lawnmower is equipped the count up timer for an Arena match goes on indefinitely and I have to restart the game.

See second screen pic (relevant text above)
Attachments
Screenshot_20191221-140235.png
Screenshot_20191221-140235.png (1.33 MiB) Viewed 1262 times
SnipeyMcSniperFace / DT was a78d2d5 now a78d2d5b / Android / 1. ​Been playing SF since UPD6 (Aug 2016) and every day since Nov 2016 / 2. I am a Gameloft customer not employee / 3. Sometimes I find it annoying when SF changes / 4. I value privacy so I am not on Facebook / 5. I don't take cosplay selfies of me dressed in latex as SF characters like Val or Daisy, etc. (no matter how cute it would be!)

Ferret

MVP

Google Play (Android)

United Kingdom

Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:22 am

1. Count up timer screen
2. Gear selection screen

I've reported it.

Just to clarify when you say restart the game you mean exit completely and restart, not just cancel and restart arena? (Im guessing the former but wanted to make sure)

David Workman

Veteran

Windows PC

Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:43 am
Boss, can't be killed again. My clan did boss last night and killed Boss. After done no AP awarded and Boss was back to full strength.
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:27 pm
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:36 pm
Ferret wrote:

This fault is happening more often lately. But its intermittency [snip]

I've reported it.

Just to clarify when you say restart the game you mean exit completely and restart, not just cancel and restart arena? (Im guessing the former but wanted to make sure)

Thanks Ferret (Merry Christmas).

The answer to your question is: all of the above.

Sometimes going out of the Arena (only) back to the main screen then back into Arena fixes it but other times I have to shut the SF app down all together and restart to solve the problem.

FYI. My standard response to these issues most of the time is just to shut the app down.

Because of its intermittency (and rarity) it's difficult to repeat (or recall) what I was doing before hand in the game (prior to it occurring) but I can play a couple of Arena matches fine then on (say) the third match be on the wait screen for longer that 43 seconds, start cursing then notice that the lawnmower is there - not the rail gun I have selected - then realise that's why the timer is still going.

FYI:
Something similar to this (cross pollination) did happen when the Arena was in beta - but I don't have the time right now to find the thread on it. 
Didn't notice this myself prior to UPD40.
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:28 am
viewtopic.php?f=2031&t=694501

Clan Ops
M3-CH
Hardcore mode
using
Lawmaker MK3
Ho Ho Howdy gear

Error
"Progress not validated"

Customer service tickets have been lodged - see thread link above for more details.
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:06 am

See above in this thread for more details. Looks like this is still occurring. Not a show stopper - just a minor annoyance.

1. Count up timer screen
2. Gear selection screen

I'm in the Arena but Lawmaker MK3 (an exotic weapon) is equipped. Lawmaker MK3 is not an Arena weapon.

Whenever the exotic weapon is equipped the count up timer for an Arena match goes on indefinitely.
Attachments
Screenshot_20200116-161636.png
Screenshot_20200116-161636.png (1.33 MiB) Viewed 1058 times
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:07 am

See above in this thread for more details. Looks like this is still occurring. Not a show stopper - just a minor annoyance.

1. Count up timer screen
2. Gear selection screen

I'm in the Arena but Lawmaker MK3 (an exotic weapon) is equipped. Lawmaker MK3 is not an Arena weapon.

Whenever the exotic weapon is equipped the count up timer for an Arena match goes on indefinitely.
Attachments
Screenshot_20200116-161702.png
Screenshot_20200116-161702.png (1.65 MiB) Viewed 1060 times
no avatar

efdhf79

Google Play (Android)

Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:53 pm
The game updated yesterday (15.01.2020 around 8PM UTC+3), but something went completely wrong. Unfortunately, I can't attach screenshots, but It's just a mess: texture are off, random stuff all over the screen, nothing works.

My question is can I do something in this situation? Like RE-downloading the game without losing my progress of course? Or RE-applying the latest patch?