darwindesign

Tier 7 Squad Mate Sharpshooter

Windows PC

dm2912 wrote:
Honestly, the worst task isnt even the base defences, that is at least achievable (i think ive done it about 50% of the time)

the nightmare one are the weapon upgrades

30 levels of weapon upgrades, 5 levels of crafting.

that is actually nigh on impossible if you are an endgame player without buying weapons purely for the purposes of upgrading.

the exotic events now are all crafting, so the only way to do 30 weapon upgrades is regular non-exotic weapons

Don't all weapons have a minimum of 20 weapon upgrades? I picked up two dawn, two cato, and an ice and fire in just the last week. Not everyone, even end of game players, finds that to be that difficult. Then again many end of game players also prefered some "imposible" warlord tasks...
Is this forum configured to allow admins to read private messages? Do admins on this forum read private messages?

Next Exit

Apple (iOS)

Canada

Using Iron Will weapon I win assault milestone.
Yet it is an exotic. 
I had not realized until now, the crossover application towards BP Challenges.👍
Attachments
F63FF3DD-FE94-4CB1-B859-A545B4A52213.jpeg
F63FF3DD-FE94-4CB1-B859-A545B4A52213.jpeg (18 KiB) Viewed 222 times
Blowed up! He blowed up real good! . . . Real good!

- Farm Film Report SCTV

dm2912

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

darwindesign wrote:
dm2912 wrote:
Honestly, the worst task isnt even the base defences, that is at least achievable (i think ive done it about 50% of the time)

the nightmare one are the weapon upgrades

30 levels of weapon upgrades, 5 levels of crafting.

that is actually nigh on impossible if you are an endgame player without buying weapons purely for the purposes of upgrading.

the exotic events now are all crafting, so the only way to do 30 weapon upgrades is regular non-exotic weapons

Don't all weapons have a minimum of 20 weapon upgrades? I picked up two dawn, two cato, and an ice and fire in just the last week. Not everyone, even end of game players, finds that to be that difficult. Then again many end of game players also prefered some "imposible" warlord tasks...

yeh, you need to make sure you keep all your Cato weapons unupgraded until the point you need them in battle pass. (And rely on a new region every month). Not all players will remember to do that, they get the weapon, excitedly upgrade it and then realise they are buggered

(last battle pass came between regions and I had all sorts of scraping around upgrading year old weapons to try and cobble that one together)

its great if a new region has just come out.. not so much otherwise
Sniper Fury Dog Tag: ehf7c09a
My Gear & Guns Charts (Updated 1/19): https://imgur.com/a/F12Rixn
R11-19 Ruby Missions: https://imgur.com/a/K9bZafK
no avatar

Hellbringer

Marksman

Windows PC

dm2912 wrote:

You continue to miss the basic point of the complaint against this task:  YOU don't do it, OTHERS do it for you! Please explain how YOU force OTHERS to attack you. No matter how much YOU play or don't play YOU have no control over generating a successful defense, YOU are totally reliant on OTHERS attacking and failing. Every other task IS done by YOU, not someone else. If the game mechanics are changed so we project an active, instead of passive, defense then and only then would YOU be completing the task.
"Take it or leave it." - Julian from Gameloft

dm2912

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Hellbringer wrote:
dm2912 wrote:

You continue to miss the basic point of the complaint against this task:  YOU don't do it, OTHERS do it for you! Please explain how YOU force OTHERS to attack you. No matter how much YOU play or don't play YOU have no control over generating a successful defense, YOU are totally reliant on OTHERS attacking and failing. Every other task IS done by YOU, not someone else. If the game mechanics are changed so we project an active, instead of passive, defense then and only then would YOU be completing the task.

i dont fail to miss the point at all

i fully understand the point, im not a moron.

i have never ever claimed you could get others to attack you, ive never claimed you have any control over it, i never claimed you were anything other than reliant on others

From this point forward I would prefer it if you dont even talk to me. For my part, ive put you on ignore.
no avatar

Hellbringer

Marksman

Windows PC

dm2912 wrote:
Hellbringer wrote:
dm2912 wrote:

i dont fail to miss the point at all

i fully understand the point, im not a moron.

i have never ever claimed you could get others to attack you, ive never claimed you have any control over it, i never claimed you were anything other than reliant on others

From this point forward I would prefer it if you dont even talk to me. For my part, ive put you on ignore.

Ignore away, doesn't bother me, and I really don't care what you "prefer".  Others can plainly see the multiple examples of your faulty logic. The fact that you claim the task to be "achievable" and that you've "done it about 50% of the time" proves my point that you think YOU did something.
"Take it or leave it." - Julian from Gameloft

dm2912

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

just on the whole "you cant make people attack you cry cry moan"

this is the last two hours in my place :D :D

this is my base...

note: this post isnt entirely serious, im not making an argument that getting the base defences is easy, because obviously there is a reason im having successful base defences, and its at the expense of league position. but, for everyone who thinks the succesful defences thing is stupid (which for the record, I am of that view completely), there however people who have figured out ways around it.

darwindesign

Tier 7 Squad Mate Sharpshooter

Windows PC

So are you going to pay thousands of rubies to bypass the timers or just stay in the junior league for most of the month to make that trick work when you need it to?
Is this forum configured to allow admins to read private messages? Do admins on this forum read private messages?

dm2912

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

darwindesign wrote:
So are you going to pay thousands of rubies to bypass the timers or just stay in the junior league for most of the month to make that trick work when you need it to?

perhaps i didnt explain that well enough. As I have said before and as I said in that post I AM 100% OF THE OPINION THAT 'DEFEND YOUR BASE TASKS' SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM BATTLE PASS

However, I also don't have a huge personal issue with them being there because for some players they are perfectly easily achievable. 

I do recognise, for experienced players, they are almost impossible to complete. At higher tiers either, other players have the weapons to beat your base, or, if you base is too hard they simply skip it. At the top of the tree, Diamond league and Hall of Fame, I would say that the defend your base tasks are impossible to complete. 

At the other end of the scale, for newer players in lower leagues, they are very easy to complete indeed. To demonstrate, my R5 of Battle Pass opened this morning. Already base defences is at 16/25. This is with an EMPTY base, all I have is the second room avatar in invisible gear with motar storm. 

So, for every experienced player who finds the task impossible to complete, there are new players saying "whats the problem, i can complete that in a couple of days just by doing nothing."

On the flip side, "reach diamond league" for an experienced player is an easy task to complete, whereas for a new player it can be unrealistic, if not bordering on impossible.  A new player with limited SM's might find 50 spec ops missions unachievable in 3 days etc. 

So its swings and roundabouts with battle pass. Its unlikely all players will find that all tasks match with their playstyle, experience level etc, but fortunately you only need 8/10 missions to complete each level.

So it doesnt bother me to any great degree, one only has to do 8/10, so skip the ones that arent achievable.

However.. I totally agree in principle that no task should be included in battle pass that is dependant on others, so for that reason it should be removed. Just as for instance "Spin knockout gas on Spin the Wheel 5 times" should not be included. But that has nothing to do with its achievability or lack theroef, but purely on a matter of principle.

I disagree strongly with the claims "its impossible to complete", its not, but it is for "some" players

dm2912

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

darwindesign wrote:

as for me (and i have deliberately separated this post from the other as its a very seperate topic), I dont pay much attention to PVP.

I generally aim to end the season somewhere between 6000 and 8000 just to get a few diamond points, but I really dont see what purpose there is to do any more than that.

+ Im not at the point where I am heavily dependant on diamond points for upgrades (especially as you dont need them for promotion of 5* anymore)
+ I dont particularly need gold, its so easy to get from spec ops and opening crates
+ There doesnt seem to be any benefit particularly in reaching hall of fame - the rewards are fairly unexciting, a few 5* squad and some ex packs.. woohoo

So I really struggle to see the purpose in PVP to be honest, maybe you can highlight what Im missing and why I should pay it more attention?

The big incentive was the ruby and supreme pack rewards you got for whichever league you were, but since they were removed I dont really see any benefit. 

So... I do what a lot of people do. When the month starts I spend the first week just dropping down the leagues by leaving my base empty and deliberately losing PVP. get down to about 500-1000 trophies

I then enter a victory day of my choosing, one that has a reward I particularly want and invest my time and rubies in that for a couple of days, and being in the lower leagues is especially beneficial when the weapon is totally underpowered in pvp (using buzz saw when you are in bronze league for example is fairly doable, doing it when you are in gold or diamond league you have to burn through loads of consumables)

That Victory day will usually move me from 1000-1500 trophies up to 4500-5500 depending on how competitive it is. 

And outside of the "30 sniper pvp wins" etc thats about as much PVP as I do. If Clan has a building we are filling then I will do pvp more heavily to get gold. 

You would be amazed just how many level 70+ and prestige players are down in Silver III and Bronze I currently waiting for the victory day to start..