dm2912

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Banner - 50% extra defence when attacked by a player using a sniper weapon.

ruddy hell.

Apart from the fact that battle pass insists on multiple levels needing "defeat x bases with a sniper rifle", which is impossible without using consumables because there are no decent powered sniper rifles (there are exotics that look and act like them but arent classed as them).. you now want to stitch us up even further?
Sniper Fury Dog Tag: ehf7c09a
My Gear & Guns Charts (Updated 5/19): https://imgur.com/a/F12Rixn
R11-19 Ruby Missions: https://imgur.com/a/K9bZafK

darwindesign

Tier 7 Squad Mate Sharpshooter

Windows PC

dm2912 wrote:
Banner - 50% extra defence when attacked by a player using a sniper weapon.

ruddy hell.

That banner has little actual value. The number of attacks with snipers is very low so you would be better of with one of the older flags. Top end player against a top end base will have to use a couple extra bullets but this is hardly the barrior that it would seem at first glance.

That and they are selling the disease and the cure. They give you a combo that lets you down a 7* in as little as a single shot and then sell a banner that turns that into two shots. Big whoopty doo dah.
One foot out the door.
no avatar

Lewis2019

Windows PC

dm2912 wrote:
Apart from the fact that battle pass insists on multiple levels needing "defeat x bases with a sniper rifle", which is impossible without using consumables because there are no decent powered sniper rifles (there are exotics that look and act like them but arent classed as them).. you now want to stitch us up even further?

Two words... Sleeping Gas.

Even with non-sniper weaponary equipped, many have them and are not afraid to use them.
R.I.P. Sniper Fury. Update 33. 
no avatar

Lewis2019

Windows PC

Hellbringer wrote:
We STILL have the stupid and impossible "defend your base" tasks. Just because we don't have to complete every task on every level doesn't mean it's OK to put in impossible tasks thus requiring us to complete some other difficult task that we should be able to skip. GET RID OF IT!!!!! And while you're at it, get rid of the Karma tasks too.

Not impossibe at all. By the end of each and every BP season, my squad has managed to defend my base, to accomplish this task. fyi my current base defence sucess rate is 13%.
no avatar

Hellbringer

Marksman

Windows PC

Lewis2019 wrote:
Hellbringer wrote:
We STILL have the stupid and impossible "defend your base" tasks. Just because we don't have to complete every task on every level doesn't mean it's OK to put in impossible tasks thus requiring us to complete some other difficult task that we should be able to skip. GET RID OF IT!!!!! And while you're at it, get rid of the Karma tasks too.

Not impossibe at all. By the end of each and every BP season, my squad has managed to defend my base, to accomplish this task. fyi my current base defence sucess rate is 13%.

Well please divulge your secret for forcing other players to attack you at least 230 times after Tier 9 opens.

The point here is that you aren't "doing" anything, other players are. This task should read "hope 30 other players attack your base and lose", because this is what is really happening. All of the other tasks require YOU to do something, not just sit back and passively wait for another player to fail.
"Take it or leave it." - Julian from Gameloft
no avatar

Selahattin Y.

Apple (iOS)

Hello Diana,
Step 7:
3 stars Soldier Tyler
This is really sad.
Are you thinking about changing?
The players give it money.
no avatar

Lewis2019

Windows PC

Hellbringer wrote:
Well please divulge your secret for forcing other players to attack you at least 230 times after Tier 9 opens.

I was merely pointing out that it is indeed possible to accomplish the feat of "Defend your base".
Your supposition that it would take "at least 230" is flawed as it is based upon a static figure of 13%.

Sometimes I can have multiple, consecutive "Successful defences" in a row hence my dynamic rating may be as much as 50% or more..

So it could take as few as 60 attempts or less on my base to as many as 230 or more.

GWD

Veteran

Windows PC

Lewis2019 wrote:
Hellbringer wrote:

I was merely pointing out that it is indeed possible to accomplish the feat of "Defend your base".
Your supposition that it would take "at least 230" is flawed as it is based upon a static figure of 13%.

Sometimes I can have multiple, consecutive "Successful defences" in a row hence my dynamic rating may be as much as 50% or more..

So it could take as few as 60 attempts or less on my base to as many as 230 or more.

Am I missing something here? Why can't you and your clanmates just arrange to attack each other and lose on purpose?

And how about this? I've heard that losing on your own "Test Defense" registers on your percent loss. Maybe someone should try that.
Just so GL doesn't have to ask:
Dogtag: f82cd4e
Language: English
Computer: Windows 10 (updated), i7 6700 @ 3.40GHz, Alienware Aurora, DDR4 32GB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
ATT Internet 50 MB/sec

dm2912

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Lewis2019 wrote:
dm2912 wrote:

Two words... Sleeping Gas.

Even with non-sniper weaponary equipped, many have them and are not afraid to use them.

did you miss where i said "impossible without using consumables"

dm2912

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

GWD wrote:
Lewis2019 wrote:
Hellbringer wrote:

Am I missing something here? Why can't you and your clanmates just arrange to attack each other and lose on purpose?

And how about this? I've heard that losing on your own "Test Defense" registers on your percent loss. Maybe someone should try that.

nah, i tried the test defence. it doesnt work

how do you attack your own clanmates?

im doing my bit, ive lost 30 pvp so far today :D

(span unlimited pvp energy twice, so deliberately fast losing to make the next VD I enter easier )