Arma-II-Fan

Veteran

Southeast Asia

Re: List of major SF bugs

Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:25 am
Kiwi Claire wrote:
Bug?
4 symbols has a 2nd account.
Attack log shows that that 2nd account hit me.
I click on 'revenge' and his main account shows. I hit it.
The revenge button does not remove in attack log. So I can revenge him again and again. And each time - his main account shows. :)

Happy happy dance.
Is nice to finally give him back what he has been using 2 accounts to do to others - but thought I should note it here....

#Edit:
His main account just hit me. Clicking on revenge on his 2nd account and hitting his main that way - removed the revenge button from his main accounts hit... but it is still there for the 2nd account... so I can still revenge him. It seems his multi-accounting has revealed another glitch. The supposed fix certainly has not stopped him or 92 h./hidechi from using 2 accounts and confusing the game as to which is which.

Hideki K. had found my base at least three times using his "92h" double account (by right, he shouldn't have) and it seems like he's enjoying using his Long Journey. I wished I were playing in the leagues and was able to hit him repeatedly like you did, Claire! ;-)

I took Gameloft's previous official announcement that the double account exploit "was fixed" with a huge grain of salt. I never congratulated them upon reading their "good news" because it was too premature to believe that they've actually solved the problem. I turned out to be right - and the evidence which you have shown repeatedly can't be clearer than that. ::)

D.J.W.

Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:04 pm
Laptop - Windows 10
  1. When zooming in/out, the gun gets stuck and the only way to make it move and shoot again is to either zoom out/in (the opposite of what made the gun get stuck), or click the left mouse button. (This bug occurs irregularly, sometimes even 5 or so times during a base attack/a mission.)
  2. The gun is pointed towards the ground or turned to the right at the start of a base attack/a mission, which can get confusing and annoying. (The bug occurs irregularly.)
  3. When upgrading Long Journey, I selected Dracoshot as my weapon of choice, finished the mission, started another one and the weapon had been changed to Cato Tailbender. So I went back, re-selected Dracoshot (because it's fully upgraded and thus more stable and better to do missions with), finished the mission, started another one and Cato Tailbender was automatically selected again.  (The bug occurs regularly.)
While there's life, there's hope.

Kiwi Claire

Grand Master

Windows PC

Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:42 am
Not major - but a bug.
'Cleaning House'
Assault mission in Moscow
The back barrel seems to continue upwards - invisibly. All shots at target are stopped by that invisible wall

Roy T

Windows PC

Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:49 pm
On W10 PC after I have played for at least an hour when I press the Attack button, the game unloads and goes away.

When I restart SF the energy is deducted and the Attack is recorded as a Loss.

The Windows event log shows a number of errors…
First
Application: FutureWar_W8.Windows.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 607EB92A
Stack:

Then
Faulting application name: FutureWar_W8.Windows.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5756c97b
Faulting module name: msvcr120_app.dll, version: 12.0.21005.1, time stamp: 0x524f7cdd
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0005b92a
Faulting process ID: 0x1dd8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d1e9af38523b7a
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\A278AB0D.ModernCombatFutureWar_1.5.0.17_x86__h6adky7gbf63m\FutureWar_W8.Windows.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.VCLibs.120.00_12.0.21005.1_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe\msvcr120_app.dll
Report ID: 888f8b3f-58bf-47c3-9ad8-73f1f012802f
Faulting package full name: A278AB0D.ModernCombatFutureWar_1.5.0.17_x86__h6adky7gbf63m
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

If the game stops before the Attack starts then the energy should not be deducted and the Attack should not be recorded as a Loss.

Also, during attacks the game controls become unresponsive for less than a second and then the mouse controls freeze until buttons/wheel kicks the controls back.  I suspect this is caused by a momentary pause while the game server is accessed.

joulesvern

Peacemaker

Windows PC

Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:38 pm
Couple of things:

1. I previously reported that the TAXI assault weapon final "kill" when the slow motion view sets in does not records the staccato "bang bang bang" nor the in flight sound, only the final "squish" as the rounds enter the last kill.  I have used no bullet skins and also several custom skins and the result is the same.

2. more of a physics thing, why do multi kills ONLY work with certain weapons, the DEFILER for one.  simple physics says if two enemies are in alignment one in front of the other and I project a high velocity body (bullet) into the first it should continue on into the second, but the shot only penetrates the first and apparently loses all momentum so the second enemy behind is spared.  Again the ONLY weapon I have successfully gotten multi-kills with is the DEFILER, why why why?

3. I also mentioned previously that vital resources such as energy and cups should only be updated at the end of a PvP attack, just because if a connection breaks or crash occurs the attacking player should not be penalized before completing a PvP, e.g. I attack player A but my connection fails, when I return I have lost 3x energy and however many trophies and thus a little bit of position in the rankings because of a problem not gameplay related.  This should be a simple software design fix.
I think we're going to need a bigger body bag.... a)  

Kiwi Claire

Grand Master

Windows PC

Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:40 am
Oh the fun of having a sniper kill me in pvp the millisecond he gets into position.
I had been hitting him as he moved... he just got into position. Girl had just started saying 'you have opponent' and I died. Killed by the sniper that hadn't even got his gun into position to shoot me.

joulesvern

Peacemaker

Windows PC

Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:37 am
Addendum couple of items for my list above...

4. can we make our player avatar a little stronger, many times it only takes 3 shots in the "gold" vault to kill the PvP opponent`s avatar alledgely at level 50 like the squad mates which take half an assault weapon magazine (30 shots or more) but the lowly player avatar takes far less to kill, seems contradictory?

5. any thought given to a MMORPG type team scenerio, the singular "fixed" player is getting boring since regardless of missions he sits still and the enemy come to him--either incorporate mobility or add multiplayer missions for increased player cooperation and an easy facilitation of co-op attacks?

RebelWithACause

Veteran

Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:44 am
Every time the game starts, the configuration is lost and has to be reset each time. For example, the sound effects, music, camera angles, etc.
Sniper Fury, "Cow Clicker" on steroids!

joulesvern

Peacemaker

Windows PC

Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:53 am
And another addendum to above (sorry I keep thinking of things):

6. when playing some of the missions in new locations (beach next for instance), could it be an option to use the "loaned" weapons versus the equipped weapons a player has?  I have a KING sniper and with the bonuses from body armor it has a damage over 1000k hit points, and I have the SOLAR FLARE assault which hits at 850k but in missions I get trial weapons that are weak and thus make the mission a challenge, I like challenges but would like an option to use the "loaner" or my equipped weapon.

7. please understand that players are not going to take on challenges that reward little in return no matter how much it seems logical, for instance to have a challenge for killing enemies in missions and awarding milestones of energy in return equates to less interest on the part of players. And in that thought, when a challenge has killing enemies during missions, it has been requested on these forums that we players NOT get the tanks or helicopter missions as the actual "kills" are hardly worth the energy (one sniper or RPG kill if a player is lucky), at least the drones seem to count toward kills.

Kiwi Claire

Grand Master

Windows PC

Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:32 pm
Battle Log.

I start shield
20 minutes later I get new item in 'Battle Log' - shows 2 people hit me 45 and 36 minutes ago respectively.
7 hrs 40 minutes later shield turns off... and I think - time to revenge.
Click on 'Battle Log' and its completely empty.

At times Battle Log holds reports more than 30 hours old that I revenged immediately - yet other times, battle log cleared before I even get a chance to do anything.

Why cant there be consistency? Why can a report be showing for less than length of shield?