TouchMint.com

At level 29 thoughts and comments

Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:28 pm
I really take my hats off to gamelofts tactics. As you can see they spent quite a bit of time on making this game look good but they spent even more time figuring out how to generate as much revenue as possible. Hiding behind a great looking, sounding and overall well built game are brilliant cash in tactics. 

-Loot Gear & Drops-
Looting and gear is my favorite part of mmos which is why I am so turned off by O&C2. This is about the most shallow item system ive ever seen in my life. The item database is about 95% trash items, 2% vendor items (which youll be using most of the game if not all) and 3% craft items which you wont be able to make unless you spend money.  

There is really no looting system in this game. Anything you find from world monsters, bosses or even chests is pointless to use on your character. You might be able to use a fraction of those items in crafting to create something but as far as level 29 theres nothing to directly use that cant be bought from a vendor.

This could change in the level 25+ dungeons but so far nothing in the world including bosses(20+) and chests (50+) have nothing you can directly put on your character. So progressing your character by looting items is out.
 Elites / mini bosses always drop the same item (meteorites). The world bosses in the pvp area as far as I can see drop the same item as well (only 1 person can loot it so have fun in the pvp area haha). Keep in mind you can use your gems to respawn and just constantly damage people so they cannot open the chest and it will disappear after time. 

There was a shimmer of hope left until I ran the level 25 dungeon a few times. Wow I got some cool crafting plans, mostly other professions but a few for my character (they are all bound so no auctioning or trading). Come to find out after 29 levels of saving mats i mean lots of mats over 50 chests tons of solo dungeons and even some gem purchased starter packs I am nowhere close to being able to make anything haha. So there goes that hope. Did they not even test I thought? Nope this is exactly how they want it. 

To top this all off all regular monsters use the same loot table. Thats right a level 1 rat drops the same weapons and armors that a level 45 demon might drop haha. They might have different vendor trash loot but the items will be the same depending on your players level. 

-Trading and Auction House Fun-
Trading is pointless because even if you did find something good like crafting items they are bound. I have no idea why people are even using the action house unless they got the bug where they didnt receive their heritage item. If you are buying items to feed your heritage item dont waste your gold you will find enough as you level. 

-Leveling Post level 20-
Once you get about level 20 or so you are only going to gain about 1/2 level before your vigor runs out for the day. You can spend money and use gems or grind exp from monsters but as you have seen grinding without vigor is pointless you get so little exp its like trying to become a millionaire by begging for change. You can take advantage of this a little bit because level 1 monsters give as much exp as level 45 monsters but even that wont matter because again its soo little exp.

-Summary-
Honestly I want to like this game I really do, its a visually stunning game with indepth combat, great music and cool story lines. Its got this great base going on for it then they put their freedom money grabbing tactics it in and totally handicap it. Yes they have to make money and yes its a “free” game but its really too bad. This work of art is pretty much a clash of clans, candy crush, kim kardashian money grab. It has all this potential but its really hindered by its extremely shallow / controlled loot / equipment system.

Harlok

Re: At level 29 thoughts and comments

Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:42 pm
The problem is the jewlery item you win and the armor you win for other class that are bound.. You cant transfer to other char neither can sell neither can fuse... Should inwhatch that ring or chest piece? Pls allow transfer between char at least!
no avatar

Ultimecia

Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:55 pm
The amount of level 25+ f2p players who are insanely undergeared is alarming. Every single time I qued the level 25 dungeon I almost always got stuck with players with no gear who would be behind in dps by literally 100k. Took a peak at their gear and they are always using a normal level 25 weapon which is insanely sad. unfortunately the idea of me simply leaving dungeons because im stuck with a bunch of undergeared f2pers frequently cross my mind because of how long the dungeon takes to do it with them... and sometimes it simply cant be done with them. They cant upgrade their legendary weapon due to p2w mechanics. Once they get past 15 they cant even evolve their weapon because invicium powders no longer drop... Gameloft do something quick as many of my f2p friends are dropping like flies.

At least give a chance for blue level gear to drop. Also why must everything be freaking bound? are you guys out of your mind? There is NO armor in the auction house because they are all bound.

TouchMint.com

Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:58 pm
Harlok wrote:
The problem is the jewlery item you win and the armor you win for other class that are bound.. You cant transfer to other char neither can sell neither can fuse... Should inwhatch that ring or chest piece? Pls allow transfer between char at least!

If they are trying to make the most money possible then making all items bound (like they have) is the best way to go. This way everyone has to use their own gems to buy things. This way youll have to buy things for each character you have instead of being able to transfer anything between character or even to other players.
no avatar

Celimdor

Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:00 pm
I call that stealing people money legally. Pay 2 euro to play the lottery and each time you win they give you monopoly banknotes that you can't use in any place ....
Wtf they did??? It's stealing when you make pay people to get stuff you can't even use ! I think the game was realesed too early ... They didn't test the core mechanics ... Or maybe they did and just don't care and want our money...it s so frustrating it's like going to a shop, you give them 50€ to get a pair of shoes that you don't even choose and they give you a pair that you can't even wear.
no avatar

Michael_Brijbag

Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:07 pm
This game will be empty soon. Only whales remain.
no avatar

Lvnatic

Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:09 pm
Seriously, if they just remade OC1 with these new graphics it would be mobile mmo of the year. 
Like many have said, it's really a shame that a game with such great potential is ruined by ridiculous IAP fest. 
I spent 10 euro for the nick funding and adventurer pack and I still run out of vigor in one freaking hour of questing. 
They've done this with all their games. The first two dungeon hunters were awesome games, then the third one came out and it all started. I guess that if they stick with it, there are probably a lot of whales that make the system viable. I made a topic about vigor removal in the suggestions section and I got bashed "GAMELOFT PUT A LOT OF EFFORT INTO THIS GAME YOU NOOBS WANT EVERYTHING FOR FREE". It's sad really. 
Asphalt 9 will probably ask you money for every race. 
I'll try to get a refund from Apple and look for something else, I might even get back to OC1 if it still has a community.

Ged1s

Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:05 pm
Nowadays all mobile games are like this - quick money grab insulting thiefery system. Putting no effort into making game enjoyable instead putting all sweat into how to make customers wallets dance. I ignore dungeons i just do solo and focus on materials for main weapon evolving. Vendor armor is more then sufficient.
materials needed to craft an single piece is out of question might as well lvl with vendor gear to 45 and from there only focus on high end gear crafting ( which i assume gonna take 2-5 month per piece to craft) hahaha
no avatar

titanofdoom

Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:29 pm
'its like trying to become a millionaire by begging for change'...brilliant line...and sums this game up perfectly.

I made a post on the major failings on this game, after 3 rollbacks in 20 minute's earlier today, I have subsequentially quit, and gone back to OC1...where the loot is awesome!!!

How did they screw the loot system up so heinously? It's the worse loot system in MMo history, and refuse to play until a tonne is fixed!
no avatar

Evilwendy

Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:34 am
Thank you so much. I feel exactly the same way.
They have made such an amazing game but ruined it in so many ways... I'd be 2% happier if there wasn't forced auto loot. I'd rather just pick up the crafting stuff and the weapons to vendor.

I am stuck at stone fist right now level 22 doing level 15 quests because you can't keep questing without vigor.. I figured I'd quest so I could get caught up and in an area good for my level.. But without vigor you seriously can't turn in the quest.. I don't care about the exp from low level quests.. I'm tired of people asking me for help on their quest because everyone around me is level 10