no avatar

ParagonEarth

Junior Member

Posts

11

What weapon is best for ranger?

Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:30 pm
So today i made a new character which is a ranger. I currently am level 5 so I have the heritage weapon already but is there a better weapon for a ranger?
 Also if u want to add me, so u can help me here is my info. 
Platform: Android
Server: Dawnwatch 
Name: Kaiyer
Class: Ranger
Race: Elf

I am currently not active much but im getting internet soon.
User avatar

Zyclon

Member

Posts

34

Location

Chicago

Re: What weapon is best for ranger?

Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:17 pm
ParagonEarth wrote:
So today i made a new character which is a ranger. I currently am level 5 so I have the heritage weapon already but is there a better weapon for a ranger?
 Also if u want to add me, so u can help me here is my info. 
Platform: Android
Server: Dawnwatch 
Name: Kaiyer
Class: Ranger
Race: Elf

I am currently not active much but im getting internet soon.

There are three ranger herritage weapons you can have and one pvp herritage weapon. The bow, which you start with, and two lottery weapons, duel pistols and the rifle.
  1. The duel pistols herritage "PvE" is a horrible choice for rangers.
  2. The rifle is a great weapon to have but it's extremely rare to win. If you happen to win it while you are leveling up then use the rifle just out of principle alone. The rifle may do more damage than the bow at lower herritage leves but the bow will do more damage once it's maxed out. The rifle makes very large damage spikes that may kill other players in just a few hits. The rifle will require x3 times more material to level once you get past "God's". It ****, and you may never max it out because this will take a very long time.
  3. The Bow is totally decent and effective. I use the bow and I'm either matched for highest damage in a dungeon or I'm in the lead. The stats on the bow are excellent for PvE, the bow has more raw damage and armor than the rifle. The bow is faster than the rifle.
I would stick with the bow if you are a casual player. Once you get to lv 45, buy a lv45 purple rifle and continue to level up your bow. If you happen to get a herritage rifle before reaching "weapon of the God's" switch to the rifle. If you reach Bow of God's, keep your bow. The bow WILL become stronger than the rifle when you get to crystal status, it's a fundamental property of the bow's raw damage (STR over CRIT DMG). But good luck maxing out your herritage weapon, it will take months of farming materials and about 3 million gold.

It's more important how you play. the rifle used to be handsdown the best because people were abusing an auto attack glitch. now that it's fixed they are equally paired weapons.
no avatar

ParagonEarth

Junior Member

Posts

11

Re: What weapon is best for ranger?

Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:33 pm
Ok thanks. And just asking but aren't there more the one bow that are heritage weapons?
User avatar

Zyclon

Member

Posts

34

Location

Chicago

Re: What weapon is best for ranger?

Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:45 pm
ParagonEarth wrote:
Ok thanks. And just asking but aren't there more the one bow that are heritage weapons?

No, there is only one heritage bow. The bow you start with which can be fed weapon exp to achieve a 5 star ranking, then you must "evolve" it into the next tier. There are currently (08-AUG-2016) 8 ascending tiers for the heritage weapons.
no avatar

ParagonEarth

Junior Member

Posts

11

Re: What weapon is best for ranger?

Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:00 pm
Ok thanks that is super helpful. Sorry about the questions tho.
User avatar

Enjoythis5

Junior Member

Apple (iOS)
Posts

9

Re: What weapon is best for ranger?

Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:22 pm
Zyclon wrote:
ParagonEarth wrote:
So today i made a new character which is a ranger. I currently am level 5 so I have the heritage weapon already but is there a better weapon for a ranger?
 Also if u want to add me, so u can help me here is my info. 
Platform: Android
Server: Dawnwatch 
Name: Kaiyer
Class: Ranger
Race: Elf

I am currently not active much but im getting internet soon.

There are three ranger herritage weapons you can have and one pvp herritage weapon. The bow, which you start with, and two lottery weapons, duel pistols and the rifle.
  1. The duel pistols herritage "PvE" is a horrible choice for rangers.
  2. The rifle is a great weapon to have but it's extremely rare to win. If you happen to win it while you are leveling up then use the rifle just out of principle alone. The rifle may do more damage than the bow at lower herritage leves but the bow will do more damage once it's maxed out. The rifle makes very large damage spikes that may kill other players in just a few hits. The rifle will require x3 times more material to level once you get past "God's". It ****, and you may never max it out because this will take a very long time.
  3. The Bow is totally decent and effective. I use the bow and I'm either matched for highest damage in a dungeon or I'm in the lead. The stats on the bow are excellent for PvE, the bow has more raw damage and armor than the rifle. The bow is faster than the rifle.
I would stick with the bow if you are a casual player. Once you get to lv 45, buy a lv45 purple rifle and continue to level up your bow. If you happen to get a herritage rifle before reaching "weapon of the God's" switch to the rifle. If you reach Bow of God's, keep your bow. The bow WILL become stronger than the rifle when you get to crystal status, it's a fundamental property of the bow's raw damage (STR over CRIT DMG). But good luck maxing out your herritage weapon, it will take months of farming materials and about 3 million gold.

It's more important how you play. the rifle used to be handsdown the best because people were abusing an auto attack glitch. now that it's fixed they are equally paired weapons.

 

Sorry for necroposting, but I found this and it helped me a lot. Just wanna to say thanks. By the way, I don't understand why adding rifles without scopes. Scope is the most important part of a rifle. At the other point, that could mean changing of a gameplay. By the way, my dad bought a new scope for his hunting rifle not so long ago. I have found rifle scope review for him and he bought a scope. I already used it and it was perfect. That's why I thought about scope after I saw this thread.