no avatar

benjoe80

Link a Device

Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:30 am
Hi,

I have a problem to link my devices.

I started to play with March of Empires on my Windows Phone (Windows 8.1) and recently I wanted to link my phone to my PC (Windows 10) in order to be able to play the same game under more confortable circumstances.

However it's not working.

If I go in the game (on my phone) to Options\Connection and sign in to my Windows account it shows two different saved game:
  1. the one that I actually want to keep and play
  2. the other one that I just temporarily created when I installed the game on my PC.
If I tap on "Keep MSN Save" button under the game save I want to keep and link, (before that first I needed to sign in to my microsoft account) the following message comes up:

"Your account is not linked to our online service. To secure your device save, log out from <my name> and log in with a new MSN Save account".

And so I'm back to the Connection menu asking me to "Sign in with MSN" again.

On my PC in Options\Connection says "This device is linked to the MSN account <my name>". When I click "Link Device" button, I see the following:

"If you want to play on a second device or id you want transfer your account to a new device, you can do it here." and the "This is my old device" button. When I click on it:

"Choose what type of device you want to link to" and the "Link to Windows device" button and when I click on it the "Account Linking" window appears with the following message:

"The Device linked to the MSN account <my name>. To use the same save game, you have to log into MSN <my name> on your other device or log in with another MSN account to link it with this device".

Could you please help me with this issue?
no avatar

Ludovic_Gameloft

Community Manager

Sofia, Bulgaria

Re: Link a Device

Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:07 pm
Hi,

It seems you're going in circles here. I suggest you open a ticket to Customer Care directly from the game on your first device.
Game Community Manager
Dungeon Hunter 5
-----
Customer Care:
In-game: Tools>Connect>Customer Care / Tools>Settings>Customer Care
-----
Facebook: ludovic.gameloft
no avatar

benjoe80

Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:51 am
I know I'm going in circle. That's what makes me mad. But it's what it is. I wish it wouldn't be and I could link my phone to my PC.

Lady K

Veteran

Windows PC

Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:06 am
That's why you need to submit a ticket to Customer Care. You might have to wait a long time for a response though... but they can look at your MSN account/save game and might be able to help you.

When I started playing on two different devices (not phone though) I got a similar message of some sort.. saying I'd have to sign out or whatever... but I just ignored it and bam! It still works and syncs fine. The only thing is you cannot physically be running the game at the same time on two device. One will always disconnect.

Good luck.
no avatar

benjoe80

Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:00 pm
I did contacted them and we are in a conversation. I hope with result.

I also noticed that I can't see, can't find the March of Empires icon among my apps on my PC. The only way I can start the game if I go to the Store like I would purchases it and instead the "Install" button there's a "Open" button.

When I click on the "Sign out of MSN" button in the game (Options\Connection) on my PC I get the following message window:

"Warning! Please log out from pc settings"

And there's only one button which I assume is "OK" or something similar to it (there's nothing on it) and if I click on it I'm back to Options\Connection.

So at the moment I can't link devices, can't log out from my PC and can't uninstall / delete it.
no avatar

morphus

Veteran

Windows PC

Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:41 pm
For the local vs msn save, it seem it's a bug, when you select local it's suppose to overwrite the local... Still waiting for a second reply from customer care about a way to delete my msn and replace it by local..

But guess what... Been a month since I open the case, 1-2 week since I receive the first answer telling me to click on local game to replace MSN (proof that customer care or QA have never tested that), and after telling them that it's not working. I've wrote them back... and still waiting.

So welcome in the waiting line.

If you want to move it between computer.. click on connect facebook on the current device, then on the other device start, then link facebook, your save game will follow, and will be sync even if you get that message everytime when you start. Just make sure to never select the MSN save because - you're screwed -.

If anyone ever get a solution to that issue... please let us know... been waiting for month
no avatar

morphus

Veteran

Windows PC

Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:43 pm
@Ludovic: I won't go about the fact that customer care is useless and take month before taking an answer. But recommending to open a case from the game is just insane, did you ever try that from windows? most question doesn't work with the device. So the best recommendation, is open a customer care ticket from the web page. The question make more sense. But the answer is as long to get. And if you are lucky like me, they will ask you to install an other operating system if your game doesn't start... And Lady, I've seen the invisible bug again with the tower :)
no avatar

Zorro.AK

Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:07 am
It's become way worse for me. I rarely see resources, have to move over several regions to find one, and with the tower event, one out of four whose coordinates I got was visible, so I moved there. A graphic bug made me restart, and all of a sudden I see that three others of my alliance had already been there. The game slowed to a crawl, so I had to restart again, and now I was all alone, no tower, no team-mates. It's not really March of Empires, it's Guessing Game of Empires. 8-)

Lady K

Veteran

Windows PC

Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:27 am
Marco....... (waiting to hear the Polo). Yeah hard to locate. I need to be bitten by a radioactive bat (instead of a spider like Peter Parker) and develop sonar location skills ;P
no avatar

Johnny FromGameloft

Veteran

Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:54 am
Hello guys,

Do you a ticket ID for the issues in question. If not, please report the issue to the support team and share your ticket ID with me, so i can check the ticket status and try to speed up the process.

Regards,
Johnny