Have you encountered an issue with the game or with your account? Let us know here.
no avatar

Maina_Donaldson

Sync error on all car upgrades

Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:56 pm
Cannot upgrade cars this morning. Get a "The synchronization has failed (-1)". Any car.
Surface Pro 4.

'rez

Expert Racer

Apple (iOS)

UK

Re: Sync error on all car upgrades

Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:59 pm
Maina_Donaldson wrote:
Cannot upgrade cars this morning. Get a "The synchronization has failed (-1)". Any car.
Surface Pro 4.

try restarting game/device/wifi, that might reconnect you to the server. if that doesn't work, contact customer care.
no avatar

Maina_Donaldson

Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:22 pm
Yeah, I tried that. Plus, I AM connected. It syncs the race results. Only upgrades are broken. kinda **** for the McLaren thing.

'rez

Expert Racer

Apple (iOS)

UK

Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:31 pm
Maina_Donaldson wrote:
Yeah, I tried that. Plus, I AM connected. It syncs the race results. Only upgrades are broken. kinda **** for the McLaren thing.

even if you are part-connected, it can reconnect the other part. sometimes.

are you able to buy tokens, or is that great-ed out?

it's going to have to be CC, Maina, let them look into the problem. tell them you've tried the usual fixes, and chatted with me here, it might help by-pass the standard questions they always ask, no promises though ;)
no avatar

Maina_Donaldson

Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:38 pm
"No packs available." This has been the case since the update. All purchase options show the twirly circle.
I'll email CC.

'rez

Expert Racer

Apple (iOS)

UK

Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:41 pm
Maina_Donaldson wrote:
"No packs available." This has been the case since the update. All purchase options show the twirly circle.
I'll email CC.

for now, it's all you can do. it's not just you, Claire's been experiencing same, she's on WIN too.
no avatar

Maina_Donaldson

Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:18 pm
I just wanted to give an update on this, as we seem to have -at least- narrowed down the issue, and have a work-around. This applies to the inability to upgrade due to a sync error, as well as the inability to refuel or get tickets by watching Ads. (viewtopic.php?f=1908&t=414634)

Restarting the router + modem + application will resolve the problem (temporarily). This was support's suggestion. We wanted to know why though, and identified Plex (streaming) server running on the network as a potential culprit - it seems that port 32401 is the issue (default Plex port). Shutting down Plex seemed to help. However, reproducing the issue is not immediate and hard to associate-- it seems to depend on other port 'useage', not just running software. We didn't pursue. Support did not confirm or respond to my question for port/network requirements. There definitely is a difference in networking requirements between just synchronizing races and synchronizing any kind of "purchase" functionality (incl. watching ads to 'purchase' tickets or using credits to tune elite cars). 

Anyways. Hope this helps someone. 
Cheers.