Have you encountered an issue with the game or with your account? Let us know here.

René P

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Synch result error --> Workaround

Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:04 am
Ever used your tablet or phone as a frisbee after you could not upload your best result in a TLE?
I did, but I found a easy fix on my Android to upload my result.
No stress, no communication with Customer Care. No broken tablet.
I pressume it works on any phone, tablet, or pc if you can interupt your wifi / network.
Still your own risk! Make screen shots to be sure.

1. You are sure your result did not synch? Waited long enough?
2. Open your wifi option screen by swiping from top to center.
3. Choose another wifi or close/open wifi
4. Accept the error 4010
5. Upload result.

See screen shots.

Happy racing!

René
Attachments
Synch data workaround.JPG
Synch data workaround.JPG (138.09 KiB) Viewed 11357 times

Rares_FromGameloft

Retired Community Manager

Re: Synch result error --> Workaround

Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:20 pm
In the hope that after the latest update this problem does not happen anymore, even if it does, i would advise users to follow your steps.

Thank you Rene for the workaround :)

-Rares
no avatar

Daryl Dixon

Windows PC

Kyiv, Ukraine, Ukraine

Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:36 pm
This works, but sometimes after "Error" screen upload results button doesn't appear.

notmejeremy

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:05 pm
On Amazon Fire TV the upload results button appears sometimes after a sync error, but the controller won't allow you to select it. When this happens I learned from others a wired USB mouse plugged into the back will allow you to select the upload results button. This should work for other TV based devices like Nvidia shield and Apple TV.
Jeremy R. on Amazon & iOS
Do you play A8 on Amazon platform? If so check out our private Facebook page, all Amazon players welcome.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1618008478453349/

Rares_FromGameloft

Retired Community Manager

Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:19 pm
Thank you all for your feedback over this issue :)
no avatar

Darwin_Sitorus

Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:14 pm
Hai.Why can not I log in to my social accounts, every time I login the game always crashes

Sunfox

Veteran

Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:25 am
Sadly, this doesn't work in all circumstances. Last week I had a results sync error, and no amount of network connecting/disconnecting/resetting would solve it. Although the game let me try dozens and dozens of times, I eventually had to restart the game, after which everything was fine (of course I had to set a new time).

Basically, the game often corrupts its own ability to communicate with GL's servers, typically while in a suspended state for a length of time. It has nothing whatsoever to do with the system's internet connection, and it happens literally dozens of times a day if you're racing TLEs every 90 minutes. Typically this is usually caught early enough, by token items being unavailable (greyed out), or when you try to contact the fuel server (get an error, know you have to restart)... but sometimes all that works, but it still dies mid-race. And this is when the after-race sync issue happens.
no avatar

quailstorm

Veteran

Windows PC

Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:26 pm
I can confirm that the insane load of unrecoverable sync errors are gone on android. Either it gives 4010 quick and you can reupload, or it just works without restarting the game every 2 minutes.

Dr. Echo

United States of America

Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:49 am
I'm Playing on a PC Synch ****
Dr. Echo p)
no avatar

Ali_Naqvi

Windows PC

Pakistan

Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:38 pm
I updated the game but the game crashes at the startup screen and keeps on restarting. i then uninstalled and reinstalled the game but as soon as i synchronized my cloud data the problem reappeared. Can anyone please help because i sure as hell am not playing the game again and lose everything i have gained.