Have you encountered an issue with the game or with your account? Let us know here.
no avatar

Sara_Hackman

Windows PC

Its been 7 months since the bug. Why cant they fix this??
no avatar

andwhysee

Windows PC

no fix. just hope asphalt 9 won't have the same issue

Rocketmanbob

Veteran

Windows PC

Why should anyone play A9 if GL can't be bothered to fix the steering problem on A8?

I have 2 nearly identical laptops, in terms of the hardware, one year difference in manufacture date. Playing A8 or AX on the newer of the 2 machines is impossible; no rollback, driver reinstall or anything will work.  The older one? Has the newest Windows update installed and works like a charm (thank goodness).

If it was solely a Windows interface problem I would think both machines would be affected. But they aren't. So it's probably on GL. And they don't seem to be worried about correcting it.
no avatar

KWILDWILLY

Windows PC

right!!!!
applying nitro while steering right slams you into the wall and holds you there as if you are holding down the button.. its on all cars not just the Mclaren..

Kiwi Claire

Grand Master

Windows PC

For me - its the newer of 2 machines that works.
The older seems to take 1 keypress and continually repeat it. until crash. Only after a crash does game take keyboard input again. But it's the same thing. Which ever key is pressed first is repeated in game until crash again.

Both have same version of windows. They do have different hardware - both have motherboards / processors / RAM & Graphics cards manufactured by same companies - but different models of such. I can't swap processor or RAM between machines - but have swapped graphic cards - no change. So that seems to remove graphics drivers as potential cause.

No other game I play on that machine is affected... and that includes games of all types.
Asphalt 8: Player ID - 0595e
230 Vehicles: 223/224 Max'd - 192 Pro'd.
5351 Licenses / 2230 stars (+15 removed) / 995 helmets.
Most recent acquisitions: SCG 003S, Maserati Alfieri, Porsche Carrera GT, McLaren 720S
Sniper Fury: Dog Tag - b1ed4a [previously Gameloft ID: b1ed4... and before that 1ed4]

"The player shouldn't have to keep working around Gameloft's incompetence to enjoy a game." - FANTASTICVOYAGE

Mina_FromGameloft

Community Manager

Apple (iOS)

Hey all,

We are working on fixing the issue , but we need some extra information from you. Could you please answer the following questions:

1. During turning left/right (while holding left/right buttons) did you use Nitro when the issue occurred?
2. Have you ever encounter the issue WITHOUT using Nitro during racing (use left/right/brake buttons only)?
3. Did it happen with all cars or just specific cars?

Thanks!
no avatar

wallyk

Windows PC

all of the cars
no avatar

jaisongomes

Apple (iOS)

have you tried playing in ko player?1.Open Keyboard setting2.Drag with right mouse(Then will appear icons as picture). And you can select direction with mouse.Image3.Input corresponding keys to set gravity.
no avatar

WBjbirch

Windows PC

I have two Windows 10 Machines, both running same version. One an "older" laptop - my daily main use computer, the other is a desktop with USB keyboard in the basement. The laptop used to be ok prior to Dec 2017. Then it went for a dump with the fall creators update. Started playing on the desktop of late, because playing on my laptop makes me want to smash it. Sometimes it's like the keyboard isn't there.... the game totally ignores the inputs. So many special events missed or vehicles lost because of the lack of decent control. Desktop play over the the past month - no issues.

Video/keyboard drivers reinstall, game reinstall, nothing works to resolve.
On occasion all is ok for a period of time, other days total crap.

I've resigned myself to it being the older laptop - Toshiba C870, with no recent Mfg. driver updates, not meant to be running Win10. Still very frustrating having the issue, when the game used to run fine before the 2017 fall creators update.

7 months of "we are working on it".... not one patch stated to fix this, no mention of the issue on the support issue list @ https://support.gameloft.com/game/6/9 . There must be some in game / WIn10 debug mode we can run to help you resolve this keyboard issue vs. describing when it happens.

[ Interesting - tried the on screen controls with the mouse, works ok - no sticking, but not how I want to play the game.. Touch the keyboard left/right .... stuck right turn stuck left turn. :^P   ]

HoD

Windows PC

I've got a very leightweight Windows 10 device lately which is definitevly not designed for gaming purposes. Intel Quad Core N4200 2.5GHz CPU, 4 GB SDRAM DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 505, fanless ... I've never expected A8 doing fine under this circumstances but I've been wondering if there's a chance to play A8 at all, maybe at the lowest display settings.

Well, there was absolutely no chance. The car was all over the place. I've experienced all the steering issues described here, no matter the display or other settings, external keyboard etc. The car accelerating in reverse gear, turning left/right and crashing, it was an utter mess.

But, wondering how to take back control of the steering I've remapped the keyboard keys using AutoHotkey in order to bypass the mess created by the GL programmers! Here's my simple AutoHotkey-Script that does the trick for me
#IfWinActive, Asphalt 8: Airborne ahk_class ApplicationFrameWindow

{
,::Left
-::Right
Alt::Space
Control::s

F8::ExitApp

F12::Pause
}