Something is not right? You have a suggestion to make? Let us know right here, right now!

Emkl74

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Re: Different Colors in Clan Chat

Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:27 am
There is even the option to change the font. If I'm not mistaken, it should be the heart, which has to be attached directly to the text.
I can't post a picture of it because I have a Huawei and there is no heart on the keyboard. On Samsung it is there and it should work.
Leader WächterderZeit, Facebookgroup DML-EMKL

Lady Madonna

Google Play (Android)

Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:18 pm
Emkl74 wrote:
There is even the option to change the font. If I'm not mistaken, it should be the heart, which has to be attached directly to the text.
I can't post a picture of it because I have a Huawei and there is no heart on the keyboard. On Samsung it is there and it should work.

Ooh, interesting.  I have a Samsung phone.  Will investigate . . .
LADY MADONNA
UK Leader of WELWYN WYVERNS
English speaking clan, established December 2019. Plenty of room for additional active team players in our League 4/5 drama-free clan. Come and join us!
Code: d38967c 

LadyDraco

MVP

Windows PC

Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:28 pm
Sadly ,nothing great for winPc users..
 No spell check, no icons, 

Sorry for  the  little  Vent, below
I'm still hoping for  the  day when we  can have  sticky..As a  Leader..
It gets  =13pxmonotonous ,to type  something  important , sometimes  10x in  a  day , if  there  is a lot of  chatter...
And  you know  some  clan mates  didn't  see  the  ATT post ...
Also still waiting for a freeze  on adding pts to the  clan dragon..

And  finally the  chat kicks  you  out  a  lot... this  has  been going on for years...
Leader  of  WolfPack
I go by LD  there.. 
699 Happy Dragons on Islands
Always  looking for  active  ADULT players Only .
my code: aaa82c 
I always  gift ,at least every day .

Emkl74

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:58 pm
The font should be able to be changed as follows:
Attachments
157867880_1082403922258960_7630485838944098777_n.jpg
157867880_1082403922258960_7630485838944098777_n.jpg (12.16 KiB) Viewed 152 times

Lady Madonna

Google Play (Android)

Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:42 pm
Yep, I got the font change to work with the heart icon on the Samsung phone.  In fact it also works with some of the other icons - the spade, diamond, etc.  You can also combine it with colours.  Nice one!  Thanks for the heads up, @Emkl :).

@LadyDraco.  I thoroughly agree with you about wanting the ability to pin posts somewhere.  However, see my reply to Thumbelina about longer chats - the suggestion that I made about having ready prepared posts available to simply paste into the chat.  You could use Google Keep like me (although the only reason that I use that is because it means I can quickly grab something that I've typed on the laptop to use on my phone).  But you could have your regular posts in a Word document or even in Notepad.  All you need to do is copy and paste them each time you need them.  Saves a lot of time and frustration.
LADY MADONNA
UK Leader of WELWYN WYVERNS
English speaking clan, established December 2019. Plenty of room for additional active team players in our League 4/5 drama-free clan. Come and join us!
Code: d38967c 

LadyDraco

MVP

Windows PC

Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:29 pm
Yeah note  pad  too but dang ..LOL 
Too much trouble... I use  a laptop , don't have  a cell phone :)
Leader  of  WolfPack
I go by LD  there.. 
699 Happy Dragons on Islands
Always  looking for  active  ADULT players Only .
my code: aaa82c 
I always  gift ,at least every day .

Emkl74

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:07 pm
@LadyMadonna.

Thank you for trying it. Unfortunately, it doesn't work with my Huawei.

cryscryb

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:14 pm
People can copy/paste the unicode symbol from the web ★☆ ♡ ♥ on devices that don't have it. Or google and bookmark "unicode stars" or "unicode hearts" if you can find good pages for that. The game looks like it won't accept these inputs because they appear as x'd-out boxes, but it does accept them (that's why I suspect it wasn't intended because of the lack of recognition on input?... perhaps an accidental feature?). Use of the star shows the star in the output, use of the heart doesn't--it displays a space before the typing instead. Both appear to be accepted where many/most other unicode symbols appear disallowed (bullet works lol) and both star/heart alter the font (there might be more but there are too many unicode symbols to test it). 

iOS devices don't have it by default either. I personally didn't want to put it on wiki because it often requires modifications/adaptations to achieve for a lot of players/devices... to me it is unclear that it's supposed to work since not recognized in the input field as a valid char (only on submit). And what I mean by requires modification/adaptation is, for iOS (and other platform app stores) addon keyboards are required to access these from in-game and in some cases there are more problematic keyboard addons than there are legit ones. E.g. In iOS app store many/most seem to require "full access" to keyboard to get the symbols to work (potentially bad). IMHO, keyboard addons should be carefully examined and used with caution because "full access" means (in iOS at least) that full access to everything typed on someone's keyboard is required to access simple symbols... including credit card info and passwords, passed along potentialy to random third-parties. Imho, reasonable apps should not need that level of access, especially since many properly designed ones don't and don't ask for it. (So, maybe a good idea to check what a keyboard addon's access and privacy before use if folks consider adding one for this?)

Fortunately iOS has a catch-notice for this, it warns users, though lots don't understand what the warning means, and worse Apple doesn't make it clear (it'll simply say, "warning: this app requires full keyboard access", then people toggle it on because no decent explanation is provided, has to be googled--not great). It's quite possible this happens on other app store apps too, perhaps without the warning (also not great)? No idea. After learning this I was very careful with any keyboard addon not built-in. For these reasons it didn't seem responsible to suggest on-wiki something that might require add-ons that may have significant security risks built-in (and in some circumstances not warned about). I'd have to do more research to see what this means for other app stores... though I still don't think it is an intended feature.

If it requires an addon to do something in-game, I'd generally consider it to be a workaround (though I might be wrong there, maybe GL can confirm). Same for pasting on iOS, there are addon keyboards for this too (that don't require full keyboard access, though most try to get it) it's not a need for PC, no idea if Android users can paste or need an addon for this too. Out of the 15-20 apps found for a simple "board" of paste-notes direct on keyboard, only 1 didn't ask for full access. Eeeek :(

Sorry for the novel, put it up just in case someone wonders why this is not on the wiki.
Also, with regards to colors, helpful to keep in mind that a large portion of the population has some kind of colorblindness, making some colors (different for different types of color blindness) hard to read (estimated 1 in 12 men, and 1 in 200 women). The light colors have poor contrast, so folks that struggle with color seem to have a harder time with those. Because of this we tend to use color sparingly and usually the dark ones.

Us gals like to joke that maybe this helps explain our bf's interior deco choices lololol) XD. j/k boys... mostly.  ;D  
--Actually, I'm horrible with color. Also, colors, symbols, and fonts are pretty fun to play with as long as people don't get too carried away heheheheheh.

Sheesh4

Google Play (Android)

USA

Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:01 pm
Wow, thank you crys! I actually was wondering all that, and you explained without me even having to say a thing 😸
Joined DML 6 years ago (February 2, 2015). Took 4.5 year break. ~ lvl.119
Sheesh4 d6ea3
EUR Android

cryscryb

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:51 am
Yw Sheesh. Sorry it was long-winded, I tend to overthink (most?) things but I found these to be interesting facets heheheheh.