Meet new Dragon Trainers, make friends and talk about non-dragon related topics!

mrnice282676

Google Play (Android)

Re: Avatars - why did I choose that one?

Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:39 pm
Ellies wrote:
Hi everyone,
All this talk of Avatars has made me come out and confess that....
I DON"T KNOW HOW TO GET ONE...
Is there a spot to visit where I can just easily pick one out...lol
I have tried in the past to shrink a picture with dismal results so gave up. I am fairly challenged computer-wise so would need to be walked through the process with baby steps...hahaha.
I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask here :O))
Thanks for reading .

I spent a good thirty or so minutes using my computers built in paint program trying to shrink this picture down to a size that the forum would accept, I understand how you feel lol
Played since Nov. 7 2015, and my main team is Nezha - Lv 80 5*, Loki - Lv 70 5*, Solden - Lv 72 6*.

The Bundt dragon is my favorite! I have three!

Remember - Wonder/Acceptance is #1

LavrentLo

Veteran

Windows PC

Re: Meet Nesi, your new Community Manager!

Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:41 pm
LavrentLo wrote:
Nesi From Gameloft wrote:
Emkl74 wrote:
@Nesi

I'm just thinking what a psychologist would say about or about our choice of avatar. I have some crazy ideas about it right now. Lol.
Well, maybe a topic for a new thread?

This is really funny to me because, as I said, I spent wayyy too much time thinking about this! 

If you want to know my exact thought process, I also really liked the Academic Dragon because it reminded me of the time when I graduated which was one of the happiest days of my life, but I felt like it looked a bit too scholarly and nerdy without context, so I decided against it. I toyed with the idea of the Agnes Dragon because, well, my full name is Agnes (wow so creative) but I.. don't want to seem old... v__v And in general I was trying to choose a dragon that isn't super OP so it looks approachable and whatnot. 

So yes I think there's a lot you can learn about a person just by asking them why they chose a certain picture to represent them on the internet! Definitely a cool idea for a thread. :p

In my case the choice was very quick and simple. I choose Love because it was one of the first Legendary dragons that helped me in fights and as you can see in my signature I still have it in my Team. I used Agave a lot too (before I built a full Leg tem) but that was not a long term dragon for fights. I was always struggling with the fights but after I built a full Leg Teams I was able to win easier with 3 stars.

So I guees a psychologist could say that I'm loyal to those who helped me :)
And some of my ex-clan mates could testify. Now I'm in a small (mostly inactive clan) but just because a clan is a second job these days (a job that don't even give a weekend off). So for now I'm kind of done with that part of the game.

Most games, when they add new content and when the player grow in the game the old content is becomming a lot easier, but not in this game. We pile up lots of features withot decreasing the difficulty for any others. No matter the user is level 10 or 160 (passed few other hundreds of times).

And if one day, they will give us the possibility to rebirth dragons and redo our teams, probably Love will be the only Legendary I'd keep in my team. Not only that was the first good long term fighting dragon but he also fits my play style. I always put it first and allows me to open offensive or defensive depending on the opponets I have.

Not exactly the best look but I never put a lot of emphasis on how things look like. I always cared more about inner strength and values.
DMD
4f186 (VIP10) my account
Pixel, Love, Autumn, IceCream, Guardian All 98****, Cosmos 92****, NO SIGILS
Unique dragons: 473 + 53 in inventory
5.91 Mil friendship pts, Sep 09, 2020

the right clan
76448 (VIP10) my wife's [Stopped playing after equipping with sigils]
​Love, Hermes,  Ice Cream, Koth'ez, All 80******, Guardian 80*****, Tayi Zhenren, Zephujin, Pixel, Autumn, Cosmos, Princess, Aphrodite All 80****, Artoba 80***

561bfc (VIP3) test account [INACTIVE]
Baby Game, low level stuff

cryscryb

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:04 am
cryscryb wrote:
Nesi's to me says: friendly, observant, maybe the tinest bit of a mischievous humor, and "ready to get my hands into the fun!"

This is surprisingly accurate :0 :0 :0 

You did a perfect job picking then, totally translated for me. :D
Airbender1505 wrote:
You are too kind <3
but Yeah, Considering I mod a discord server, I had that image of "observer" in my mind when I was drawing my pfp. There were a LOT of potential options to choose from, but I decided to go with Zodiac coz imo It embodies everything I relate my personality to. 

Nice, makes total sense for you in my view, plus great how the elements worked out too. 
Adam From Gameloft wrote:
If we could just carry on this trend of saying nice things about me, that would be quite good for my already sizeable ego.

LOL Adam. 
randradomgon wrote:
I love this thread!  I went with Druid, because I love role-playing games (Draconimacon was my first D&D book), and druids are one of my favorite character classes, and I liked the look of the Druid dragon.

Omg, loved looking at and drawing the Monsters Manuals when I was younger... my brother was always mad because they were his and they'd going randomly missing when I had them lol. 
Dynamo-Deepblue wrote:
 I decided to channel my love for it into a drawing and it's been my avatar here since. 
This is the full drawing I did in 2018! I took a few liberties with it but yeah 😃

Awesome Dynamo, looks fantastic!
Ellies
Hi everyone,
All this talk of Avatars has made me come out and confess that....I DON"T KNOW HOW TO GET ONE...
Thanks for reading .

Ellies, if you already know which picture you'd like, and you just need it cropped/resized/altered to fit, or a different background color or whatever I'm happy to do that for you. It's pretty quick in Photoshop. You can just paste a link here or PM me with it if you don't mind and I can do that (I'm working on a nerd project this week but will try to remember to check back).

Basically, most images have to be cropped/resized/altered to be no larger than 200 px wide by 200 px tall and be under 2MB... and because most don't match those dimensions it often won't let folks upload them. 

I'm more than happy to make one for you Ellies, just let me know if you've found an image you need help with. :)
Lots of great ones on the Dragon pages if you're looking for a dragon (or DML character):
For people that struggle with image editing and want to be able to take their time, take a few tries, do several themselves etc., without installing or learning software to do it, they can use an online tool like:

https://ezgif.com/crop (to crop)
https://ezgif.com/resize (to resize)

The tool says it is for the gif filetype, but it actually allows users to work with any of the following:
GIF (including animated ones), JPG, PNG, BMP, WebP, APNG, HEIC, FLIF, AVIF, MNG

Once folks have a 200 x 200 image, they can put it as their avatar by:

1. Go to Settings (wrench icon) at the top-right of the forum header.
2. Click Edit Profile Picture (a.k.a Avatar) in the left sidebar. 
3. Click the Choose File button.
4. In the dialog that appears, you have to navigate to the file you want to upload, click to select it, then click the Open/Select button. 
5. If there are no errors on the page (file too large etc.), then click the Submit button.

Ellies

Windows PC

Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:59 am
cryscryb wrote:
cryscryb wrote:
Nesi's to me says: friendly, observant, maybe the tinest bit of a mischievous humor, and "ready to get my hands into the fun!"

This is surprisingly accurate :0 :0 :0 

You did a perfect job picking then, totally translated for me. :D
Airbender1505 wrote:
You are too kind <3
but Yeah, Considering I mod a discord server, I had that image of "observer" in my mind when I was drawing my pfp. There were a LOT of potential options to choose from, but I decided to go with Zodiac coz imo It embodies everything I relate my personality to. 

Nice, makes total sense for you in my view, plus great how the elements worked out too. 
Adam From Gameloft wrote:
If we could just carry on this trend of saying nice things about me, that would be quite good for my already sizeable ego.

LOL Adam. 
randradomgon wrote:
I love this thread!  I went with Druid, because I love role-playing games (Draconimacon was my first D&;D book), and druids are one of my favorite character classes, and I liked the look of the Druid dragon.

Omg, loved looking at and drawing the Monsters Manuals when I was younger... my brother was always mad because they were his and they'd going randomly missing when I had them lol. 
Dynamo-Deepblue wrote:
 I decided to channel my love for it into a drawing and it's been my avatar here since. 
This is the full drawing I did in 2018! I took a few liberties with it but yeah 😃

Awesome Dynamo, looks fantastic!
Ellies
Hi everyone,
All this talk of Avatars has made me come out and confess that....I DON"T KNOW HOW TO GET ONE...
Thanks for reading .

Ellies, if you already know which picture you'd like, and you just need it cropped/resized/altered to fit, or a different background color or whatever I'm happy to do that for you. It's pretty quick in Photoshop. You can just paste a link here or PM me with it if you don't mind and I can do that (I'm working on a nerd project this week but will try to remember to check back).

Basically, most images have to be cropped/resized/altered to be no larger than 200 px wide by 200 px tall and be under 2MB... and because most don't match those dimensions it often won't let folks upload them. 

I'm more than happy to make one for you Ellies, just let me know if you've found an image you need help with. :)
Lots of great ones on the Dragon pages if you're looking for a dragon (or DML character):
For people that struggle with image editing and want to be able to take their time, take a few tries, do several themselves etc., without installing or learning software to do it, they can use an online tool like:

https://ezgif.com/crop (to crop)
https://ezgif.com/resize (to resize)

The tool says it is for the gif filetype, but it actually allows users to work with any of the following:
GIF (including animated ones), JPG, PNG, BMP, WebP, APNG, HEIC, FLIF, AVIF, MNG

Once folks have a 200 x 200 image, they can put it as their avatar by:

1. Go to Settings (wrench icon) at the top-right of the forum header.
2. Click Edit Profile Picture (a.k.a Avatar) in the left sidebar. 
3. Click the Choose File button.
4. In the dialog that appears, you have to navigate to the file you want to upload, click to select it, then click the Open/Select button. 
5. If there are no errors on the page (file too large etc.), then click the Submit button.

Thanks for all the information on how to do it and the links. 
I will give it another try. Have to pick out a Avatar first.
I will try this one..I like the yarn dragon as I have knitted for many years.
http://Dragon-mania-legends.wiki/Yarn_Dragon

WOO HOO...I did it...thanks Cryscryb :O))
One day I may have a go at knitting  it.
(if i can stay off the game long enough to knit it )

edit: wiki url fixed
Ellie...Co-Leader of Aussie DRINKERS cLUB.
Windows 10..apa
Friendship code...a97901.
Always room for active players over level 60.
Currently in 2nd place on both League and Top Clan Leaderboards.

Carol M

Veteran

Windows PC

Dublin, Ireland

Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:04 am
I chose Midnight because of the 'infinity' eye - it just caught me - the detail that the artist put into it, the beauty of just gazing into it and it reminds me of looking out at the sea at night during a full moon, which is, to me, incredibly peaceful.

My game avatar (if I can ever get it to work from the book of faces again) is a sketch drawing of a Phoenix - which I have tattoed on my shoulder - when I started to come out the other side of depression after learning to cope with M.E. - ya know - rising out of the ashes?

Art - whether it be DML dragons, photographs, paint, cross stitch, embroidery, charcoal, wordsmith - whatever medium folk use, speaks to each of us in different ways - for fun, or for some deeper meaning - it doesn't really matter which.  We all see things in different ways, which is the amazing thing about art.
Archangel, Autumn, Briar, Firestorm, Hathor, Lantern, Pixel, Plushie, Vortex, Warlord, Zephujn, Zeus.  700 unique dragons. Started 11th January 2015

And they said I wouldn't last - snerk

Proud Leader of the Crazy Train Gang
Also known as 'Your Majesty' p)

LadyDraco

MVP

Windows PC

Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:42 pm
Well my Avatar , lets  see  it's  not the  same  as my game  one ..
That is  Harvest ,why ? she  looks  like  me,I'm nativeAm. well when my hair  was  dark in my youth ...
My Avatar here is  a  big Green Dragon resting ,but looking over  it's  back  ,upon it's  Valley below ...

Now  my meaning is  I ride  a  Green Valkyrie motorcycle (that is  aka a  Dragon )  . And I  live  on a  mountain..That's  it in a  nutshell...

And  I love  everyone's  stories  behind  their avatars..
I  miss seeing CrysCryb  normal avatar ! I always  liked  them....
Leader  of  WolfPack
I go by LD  there.. 
684 Happy Dragons on Islands
Always  looking for  active  ADULT players.
my code: aaa82c 
I always  gift ,at least every day .

cryscryb

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:52 pm
Ellies wrote:
WOO HOO...I did it...thanks Cryscryb :O))
One day I may have a go at knitting  it.
(if i can stay off the game long enough to knit it )

You're most welcome and Wooohooo! Yarn is super cute.... and oh if you did knit one? Please please please post a pic here because that would be pretty darned adorable imho.  ;D I'd totally hire you to make one for me! LOL
LadyDraco wrote:
My Avatar here is  a  big Green Dragon resting ,but looking over  it's  back  ,upon it's  Valley below ...
And  I love  everyone's  stories  behind  their avatars..
I  miss seeing CrysCryb  normal avatar ! I always  liked  them....

Yours here seems peaceful and spring-like, fruitful and graceful to me, resting in lush green nature with pretty rays of light peeking through... always really liked it. 
Don't worry, it'll get changed back soon. ;) Frost Fairy strikes me as determined and thoughtful... maybe a little cheeky.

LadyDraco

MVP

Windows PC

Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:46 am
I too see  the  Cheeky...... 
Thank You
Leader  of  WolfPack
I go by LD  there.. 
684 Happy Dragons on Islands
Always  looking for  active  ADULT players.
my code: aaa82c 
I always  gift ,at least every day .

Spidey cobweb97

Windows PC

Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:37 pm
MY.AVATAR.DOESNT.HAVE.A.MEANING😅

cryscryb

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:23 pm
Heheheheh LD.
Spidey, maybe it's meaning is just: I like this Dragon. Totally a fine one too. Look pretty cool.