Meet new Dragon Trainers, make friends and talk about non-dragon related topics!
User avatar

snapdragon33

Veteran

Windows PC
Posts

1152

Location

USA, tennessee

Hoping this  gets publiched, Welcome Nesi, good choice of avatar, was a choice of Agave or the Lava dragon for me. then i got a lava dragon named Snap, and so  the choice was made in favor of the lava dragon.
Do you have your own Game yet.?  curosity killed the dragonet, you know.
Snapdragon33
Proud Member of  The Crazy Train Gang
Windows 10 pc (Eur- Gold)
Gift and Play Daily
Referral Code:  9c460
Hope Springs Eternal
Treat others as you wish to be treated. 
User avatar

Airbender1505

Senior Member

Google Play (Android)
Posts

457

Nesi From Gameloft wrote:
(Yes I spent a good hour about thinking about the avatar matter -- time 100% well spent)


OMG Yes, Something I can relate to. I also think about avatar a lot... not only it has to be iconic but something you can relate your personality to. (I had gemini as my avatar before) but then I decided to draw my avatar and so Zodiac happened (notice how I always choose a wind/metal dragon as pfp  ;)  )... ofc not everyone gonna like it, but who cares as long as I'm happy with it, am I right? 

oh btw, Welcome to our crazy little family. I hope we get to know your more  a) .
Silver_Wings
Fanart Club
Dragon Trainer since July 2017 
671 dragons collected so far <3
Fav Dragons : Hermes, Gemini Twins, Zodiac, Ice Feather, (all future wind ancient dragons lol) 
User avatar

Emkl74

Veteran

Google Play (Android)
Posts

733

@Nesi

I'm just thinking what a psychologist would say about or about our choice of avatar. I have some crazy ideas about it right now. Lol.
Well, maybe a topic for a new thread?
Leader WächterderZeit, Facebookgroup DML-EMKL
User avatar

Sannee

Senior Member

Apple (iOS)
Posts

397

Location

Denmark

Omg, Emkl. What a great idea!
You just gave me an idea for the new general discussion board.
“What would a psychologist say about our choice of avatar”.
@Adam, @Nesi, @LadyDraco and @Iliamna - what do you say to this?
I think this thread could be funny and interesting, and we already have Emkl to make our very first post there. Lol.
:-*
User avatar

cryscryb

Veteran

Apple (iOS)
Posts

1505

You guys are too funny. Mine would be kinda obvious/lame (I think, not surprising for aspergirl). Some of them are so fun to look at though...

Maybe they could rename the "New And Announcements" one since it goes unused? -- Edit: Oh, wait, no, forget I said that... it needs to be a new one so it is not first in the list. Bad idea otherwise, newbies often click first-thing seen when in a hurry for game stuff so it might get filled with game stuff when it shouldn't?).
Duplicate threads makes reader's and moderator's lives harder. Common game save/restore issues and creating a Customer Care/Chat ID/Ticket. GL said NO to "Gift All" button.
User avatar

Emkl74

Veteran

Google Play (Android)
Posts

733

Thank you for liking this idea.
I would probably write endless texts.
The avatar of Adam will be funny, spontaneously comes to mind, he lbet in the dark egg, is sealed off, no one has access, he does not come out. And his unfolding is prevented because the egg is doubly protected from the outside by the "belt". Okay, I won't go on. Cut. Lol.
Leader WächterderZeit, Facebookgroup DML-EMKL
User avatar

LadyDraco

MVP

Windows PC
Posts

2613

Sannee wrote:
Omg, Emkl. What a great idea!
You just gave me an idea for the new general discussion board.
“What would a psychologist say about our choice of avatar”.
@Adam, @Nesi, @LadyDraco and @Iliamna - what do you say to this?
I think this thread could be funny and interesting, and we already have Emkl to make our very first post there. Lol.

Love  it
Leader  of  WolfPack
I go by LD  there.. 
684 Happy Dragons on Islands
Always  looking for  active  ADULT players.
my code: aaa82c 
I always  gift ,at least every day .
 
User avatar

Nesi From Gameloft

Community Manager

Windows PC
Posts

53

Avatars - why did I choose that one?

Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:06 pm
Emkl74 wrote:
@Nesi

I'm just thinking what a psychologist would say about or about our choice of avatar. I have some crazy ideas about it right now. Lol.
Well, maybe a topic for a new thread?
 

This is really funny to me because, as I said, I spent wayyy too much time thinking about this! 

If you want to know my exact thought process, I also really liked the Academic Dragon because it reminded me of the time when I graduated which was one of the happiest days of my life, but I felt like it looked a bit too scholarly and nerdy without context, so I decided against it. I toyed with the idea of the Agnes Dragon because, well, my full name is Agnes (wow so creative) but I.. don't want to seem old... v__v And in general I was trying to choose a dragon that isn't super OP so it looks approachable and whatnot. 

So yes I think there's a lot you can learn about a person just by asking them why they chose a certain picture to represent them on the internet! Definitely a cool idea for a thread. :p
User avatar

LavrentLo

Veteran

Windows PC
Posts

1723

Nesi From Gameloft wrote:
Emkl74 wrote:
@Nesi

I'm just thinking what a psychologist would say about or about our choice of avatar. I have some crazy ideas about it right now. Lol.
Well, maybe a topic for a new thread?



 

This is really funny to me because, as I said, I spent wayyy too much time thinking about this! 

If you want to know my exact thought process, I also really liked the Academic Dragon because it reminded me of the time when I graduated which was one of the happiest days of my life, but I felt like it looked a bit too scholarly and nerdy without context, so I decided against it. I toyed with the idea of the Agnes Dragon because, well, my full name is Agnes (wow so creative) but I.. don't want to seem old... v__v And in general I was trying to choose a dragon that isn't super OP so it looks approachable and whatnot. 

So yes I think there's a lot you can learn about a person just by asking them why they chose a certain picture to represent them on the internet! Definitely a cool idea for a thread. :p

In my case the choice was very quick and simple. I choose Love because it was one of the first Legendary dragons that helped me in fights and as you can see in my signature I still have it in my Team. I used Agave a lot too (before I built a full Leg tem) but that was not a long term dragon for fights. I was always struggling with the fights but after I built a full Leg Teams I was able to win easier with 3 stars.

So I guees a psychologist could say that I'm loyal to those who helped me :)
And some of my ex-clan mates could testify. Now I'm in a small (mostly inactive clan) but just because a clan is a second job these days (a job that don't even give a weekend off). So for now I'm kind of done with that part of the game.

Most games, when they add new content and when the player grow in the game the old content is becomming a lot easier, but not in this game. We pile up lots of features withot decreasing the difficulty for any others. No matter the user is level 10 or 160 (passed few other hundreds of times).
DMD
4f186 (VIP10) my account
Pixel, Love, Autumn, IceCream, Guardian All 98****, Cosmos 92****, NO SIGILS
Unique dragons: 473 + 53 in inventory
5.91 Mil friendship pts, Sep 09, 2020

the right clan
76448 (VIP10) my wife's [Stopped playing after equipping with sigils]
​Love, Hermes,  Ice Cream, Koth'ez, All 80******, Guardian 80*****, Tayi Zhenren, Zephujin, Pixel, Autumn, Cosmos, Princess, Aphrodite All 80****, Artoba 80***
 
561bfc (VIP3) test account [INACTIVE]
Baby Game, low level stuff
 
User avatar

cryscryb

Veteran

Apple (iOS)
Posts

1505

Love these. And awesome analysis Manu! That's such a cool way to approach it. The thought process behind these is great. Love is a really nice one, totally a giving and appreciative spirit there.

Anyone who knows me personally knows I'm determined in life to make the best of a tough situation--may not come across in my writing (folks probably wouldn't realize I struggle a ton with writing because of lesions in areas affecting writing.That struggle also makes its way into the tone of my writing without me intending it). I was (and am) determined to kick my health challenge's metaphorical butt lol. I have figuerd out (so far) how to take on and work around any challenges thrown my way... because I realized it's not that folks can't do the things they did before, it's that they have to learn to do them differently. Requires a take-it-head-on approach, pull it apart, figure out a solution, have the willpower to adapt to it, be happy with and stick to that. It's hard work trying to kick the butt of something always trying to kick your butt lol. "Okay Crys, s.uck it up and realize adaptation is key" (had to tell myself). Otherwise "poor me" is not a state I'm willing in to live in. The only other character I could think of that communicated my thought on that was Cartman: "Dude, that is $*&!'in weak" lol.  ;D  Most would be surprised about how chill and soft spoken I can be in person lol. I'm generally calm, comical, positive, and laid back (get coments about putting people at ease all the time lol). Doing that in writing when struggling with it is hard though.

Cartman was not a super flattering avatar for a girl. Also, I have Lagertha's strange nose from lots of different angles lol same eye color, same hair color/length, etc. Her character in vikings spoke to me regarding the tenacity required to not just sit back and let life happen, there's always stuff we can do to make it better, even awesome. And, well, as a viking I think she'd make a pretty cool Sield-Maiden-Dragon-Trainer!

Edit: Fav avatar deleted. I'm learning female warriors are not percieved well, that's sad to me. I think women should be allowed to appear strong without having other stuff pinned to that, especially stuff men don't get pinned to them.
Duplicate threads makes reader's and moderator's lives harder. Common game save/restore issues and creating a Customer Care/Chat ID/Ticket. GL said NO to "Gift All" button.

cron