Meet new Dragon Trainers, make friends and talk about non-dragon related topics!

Sannee

Apple (iOS)

Denmark

Re: A Forum Area for General Chat?

Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:31 pm
LadyDraco wrote:
As  for  your  gal,cleaning herself.. She  is  just keeping herself  clean.. Good  girl...
My mum years ago would  put panties  on the  girls  and  cut a  hole  for  the  tail ..LOL 

I  have  been a  4 legged midwife  my whole  life from the  time  I  was  6yrs old...
When my mum would  hand  me  a  newborn pup or  kitten  to gently shake  the  mucus  out of  a  nonbreathing pup or  kitten...
My mum use  ta  breed  Toy Poodles  and Siamese and Tonkinese cats...  Most of  the time   nature does a  bang up job..You only really need  to keep an eye  on them .
I  help my Queens  over  the  years ..As well as  Horses  and  cattle... The  latters  can get real heart breaking...
Will chat at another  time  on that ....

But I'm a  firm believer  on Spay and  Neutering cats  and  dogs... Makes a  much better  pet..
Unless  you are  going to be  in the  breeding business ....

Thanks for this. Helps alot!! Why is she obsessing so much about cleaning herself? Is it something i did wrong or is she just wired this way?
Omg, i need those panties for Mille. That sounds great.... even though she cleans herself all the time, i find some dropping here and there. Mostly on my clothes, because i sometimes like caring her like a baby... heheh... she is still my baby.... 7 months old is not being an oldy.... heat or no heat! ;-)

That sounds awesome, LD. I would love to see a live puppie, horse or kitten birth.... i love animals so much. Sometimes i dont understand why i choose to be a nurse for babies. Why not animals instead? 
I would love to hear all about it, even the sad parts of being a 4 legged midwife....

Over the next year we will decide what to do with Mille. Depends on how strong i think she is. But i might feel the same as you and Melanie do. Spaying her.

Alot of waves at you from sunny denmark, my co-conspirator <3
:-*

cryscryb

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:50 pm
Congrats folks! Heheheheh, I hope the new forum section follows soon too. The new fur baby pics are amazing too btw!  ;D

CritterFeeder

MVP / Dragon Elder

Windows PC

Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:14 am
A big CONGRATULATIONS to Sannee, Iliamna and Lady Draco on the promotion to forum MVP  :D   Hope y'all like herding cats  ;D
Device/Platform: Surface Pro running Windows 10
Server: EUR (EUR GOLD)
Game connection: XBox, FB​

Recruitment code game 1: ebb4af (new friends only, please share recruitment goodies with another player)
​Recruitment code game 2:
ac808d
A Dragon for Every Occasion 
rev. 2020.02.15

cryscryb

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:34 am
LOL CritterFeeder!

LadyDraco

MVP

Windows PC

Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:41 pm
Thanks CF..  it will be  more  like  herding Dragons...
Leader  of  WolfPack
I go by LD  there.. 
684 Happy Dragons on Islands
Always  looking for  active  ADULT players.
my code: aaa82c 
I always  gift ,at least every day .

Emkl74

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:22 pm
Man, man, man, I'm not in the forum for a day, and here it's all happening. 

@Sannee
Of course I forgot to lock the chair for the cat. 
It's another great photo of sweet Mille. I can feel it for her when I think back. It was always painful somehow. Warmth should help too. Even though nature takes care of a lot of things by itself, we must not forget that our animals are bred. 

@LadyDraco
Yes, I take your word for it. Watching a cow calve is awesome. And madness. And always good when you don't need a vet. 
I look forward to hearing your stories. 

@Melanie
I'm always excited about your knowledge too. Somehow I always take a little bit of it for myself. It's exciting. All the achievements you have received with Khana is really rad. I didn't even know that there are so many characteristics for breeding that should be observed. 

And now, you 3 pretties, you get what you deserve. See photo. 
I am absolutely delighted that you have this under control. Lol. Delighted. Wow.
Attachments
Gratulation.png
Gratulation.png (86.22 KiB) Viewed 107 times
Leader WächterderZeit, Facebookgroup DML-EMKL

LadyDraco

MVP

Windows PC

Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:09 am
Thank You Emkl74
Leader  of  WolfPack
I go by LD  there.. 
684 Happy Dragons on Islands
Always  looking for  active  ADULT players.
my code: aaa82c 
I always  gift ,at least every day .

Emkl74

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:58 pm
@LadyDraco

Absolutely. I am delighted with this decision.
no avatar

Iliamna

MVP

Amazon Mobile (Kindle)

Alaska

Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:57 am
Thanks for all the congrats - And the condolences!  LOL. I've been a mod on other more volatile forums, so I'm hoping this will be straight-forward. And I was a teacher, so if necessary I'll use my strict "school teacher" voice! Oh wait, is that going to work on a forum? It sure does in a classroom!

Sannee - I'm glad my post helped. I was hoping it didn't sound like a lecture. It was mostly me just talking about memories of the old days when my other girls were still alive and I had to deal with all that. I preferred females for competition over males, but waiting until they could be spayed sometimes put the brakes on plans.

Since spay cycles are not exact, it's difficult to plan ahead. There were times I spent a hundred bucks on entering into obedience trials and then the dog would come into heat and I couldn't trial her (they don't allow bit.ches in heat in obedience, rally or agility trials, and there's no rule saying that the club has to refund your entry fees). While I am a firm believer in not breeding unnecessarily, I do want my dogs to have their full hormones long enough for them to grow and mature, so I put up with the estrus and the occasional loss of entry fees.

I don't want people to think that there's a real problem with spaying or neutering young.  Given the still-huge problems of over-population of cats and dogs - caused by people who don't pay attention, or puppy mill type breeders, NOT by responsible breeders - it's best to spay/neuter young if you can't be 100% sure you will watch your intact animals so they don't get hooked up with another and add to the problem. It saddens me how many pet animals have to be destroyed every day, pets that are unwanted and should have never been born.

Thhis is not aimed at anyone, it's just that we're on the topic of spaying and this is one of the results of not spaying. Even though I have had many intact dogs and other animals, none of mine have ever produced offspring. But I can be with my animals all the time and most people can't. So spaying and neutering young is best.

Sannee, my entire life I've been crazy about animals. Growing up, I was the family "vet" and used to care for the injured wildlife we kids would find. Along the way, we acquired a big German shepherd mix pup who grew up to be over 100 pounds. I taught him to pull a sled, and then got into actual mushing, complete with learning how to make racing harnesses and becoming a charter member of the Peninsula Junior Dog Mushing Association. We had little races and a lot of fun. 

It was decided, mostly by my parents, that I would eventually become an actual veterinarian, and when I started college I was a pre-vet major. But an experience involving two starving kittens I found (and could not save, despite trying hard), showed me that my heart was too soft to handle the emotional side of vet life. So I went into music instead, which had been my minor, and ended up as a music teacher. But I was still wrapped up in my animals, and by then I had my first horse who ended up with me for 17 years

So despite teaching first in the school district, and then giving private music lessons for 20+ years, I continually studied animals. I helped start an obedience club and was one of the main obedience instructors for many years. But I really got into dog behavior, not just obedience, and learned how dogs thought and rezponded to stimuli. I studied groups of dogs in their natural interactions, and did the same with horses and cats. I learned about operant conditioning and reinforcement, both positive and negative, as well as -/+ punishment and how animals respond to each. and I stepped away from the older methods of training which are based primarily onpunishment, and started using positive reinforcement for most of my training.

I travelled to seminars down in the lower 48 states (as we up here in Alaska call them) and even gave some of my own. And I read, watched videos, and observed animals every chance I could. I even spent hours watching sea gulls that would gather in the big parking lots! Interesting how they interact, those big groups of birds.

I became the person thatall the local vets sent their clients to when they had a behavior problem with their dogs. It was fascinating work and I loved it. But then I got sick, and the illness knocked me down. My life completely crashed. There's little I can do about it except accept it, as there's no cure for this auto-immune stuff.  But my brain still works, for the most part!  LOL. I should be writing books on all this, but it's hard to concentrate for long. 

Enough on that! Looking forward to the new chat area. I may have to have my own thread where I can just ramble on and on and ....you get the picture! And then when people get really bored and want something to do, they can go to that thread and read until they can't stand it anymore. It could be a "puts you to sleep" thread! 

Speaking of sleep ....* Wandering off to bed*

Melanie in Alaska
Joined DML the first week of March 2019
At last count: 605+ unique dragons!
Leader of the ANTI-VIKING CLAN

Love the Dragons, hate the tedious wait times!

Emkl74

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:46 pm
Lol, Melanie. I love reading your posts. 
When I come to the forum, I first check to see if Crys, Sannee, Melanie, Soukupmi, the ladies and a few others have posted. This is what I always read first. 
Strange, isn't it? I always expect to read something from you guys too. Lol. Because it's a good read and almost always positive.