Something is not right? You have a suggestion to make? Let us know right here, right now!

LoriN

Google Play (Android)

Re: Cheating in Clan Events

Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:14 pm
Vanessa, do you guys not use a good vetting system for recruits? We do. Although we no longer play aggressively (we are loving the more laid-back, casual play actually), we still vet our members. And true, you can't always judge a book by its cover, but you can get some idea about the type of player that is asking to join just by looking at their profile and visiting their islands. There are going to be pros and cons to every scenario and option. IMHO, the good will outweigh the minor inconvenience of you not being able to see how the new member plays for just a couple of days.
Changed profile pic because some were making assumptions about my team.

Michelle123

Windows PC

USA

Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:39 pm
Vanessa.2m wrote:
@LoriN,
This system is good when there are a lot of places available in the clan.
When there are only 1 or 2 places, it is necessary to be able to judge the active participation or not of the newcomer quickly so as not to block recruitment. This system is therefore not good at all in this case and does not take into account the hard work of the players who manage this type of clan.

I have to respectfully disagree here. Clans should be allowed to accept recruitment, but the new players should be prevented from playing in the event. This is because it presents a problem with clans putting new players in and out of the clan when they participate and add points they can be removed and more added. So, your evaluation of their performance would wait just a week for you to evaluate.

@ Adam - Having read this entire thread I still say kudo's to Gl for closing up clan che.ating loopholes in clan events. It was sorely needed for those clans playing fairly. This thread has gotten heated in spite of efforts made to compensate players wrongly banned a heck of a task to complete, so kudo's again.

I'm sorry for those incorrectly banned! gl will make tweaks as they do with any change they implement and will with this one, in part due to this very long discussion. Lastly the dungeon. It's harder or easier based on team development. Ridiculously high scores are certainly something to evaluate, but it's possible to reach a point where KO's are high but doable.

It would be so nice if the heated posts here would come back to reason, accepting that 1) Clans have been cheating, 2) Something had/was done about it, 3) Some players were incorrectly banned 4) Gl will make adjustments as they do for every change to the game ...5) The dungeon will never be perfect, etc. I hope we all come together while disagreeing on specific points and add input providing information that helps solve problems and suggestions for future changes.

Thx and good luck to all.
MB
Dark Magic Dragons
Proud member and Co-Leader
ID 399220 - WIN/EUR
Fighting Dragons - LVL 98 all 8* plus sigils| Ho'Mala| Fall | IK'EZ | Aphrodite | LOKI |Garden | Pangu
593 unique dragons
Playing 2 years

Vanessa.2m

Google Play (Android)

Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:29 am
I think the playing conditions are not the same on Win and Android. On Android, closing recruitment or the possibility of playing during the event and preventing the rapid assessment of the way newcomers play is not sustainable. There aren't many competitive players anymore and still too many open clans. I don't want to see all my efforts (and those of the leader and co leader with me) dashed by a choice of ease. I don't think it's up to the clans and those who run them to take on this problem. It suffices to say clearly that it is forbidden to empty a clan of its members and to punish those who ****. A warning about the game would be effective at first.
It's pretty easy to spot these clans, especially now that the displays are fixed. This has been going on for months.
But as I asked previously, maybe I'm wrong, and it's been allowed all this time. So we should all do it
LesColleguesDeDml - Le Dragon Rubis
Androïd EUR 6a46c0 - a3fd76 

soukupmi

MVP / Dragon Elder

Apple (iOS)

Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:44 am
Michelle123 wrote:
I have to respectfully disagree here. Clans should be allowed to accept recruitment, but the new players should be prevented from playing in the event. 

yep - this.
Other games can do it - why can't you, GL?
A dragon, a dragon,
I swear I saw a dragon....

Recruitment code: bcf3ba
Playing on iOS [EUR], started 16.1.2015
Clan: Dragon Addicts

Join us at the Wiki - http://dragon-mania-legends.wiki/Main_Page

Solarex

Dragon Mentor

Google Play (Android)

Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:53 am
Yep. That the way for fair play.

Vanessa.2m

Google Play (Android)

Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:18 am
I don't see how that will solve the problem of clans that are emptied on the weekend.

LavrentLo

Veteran

Windows PC

Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:21 pm
soukupmi wrote:
Michelle123 wrote:
I have to respectfully disagree here. Clans should be allowed to accept recruitment, but the new players should be prevented from playing in the event. 

yep - this.
Other games can do it - why can't you, GL?

It is exactly what happens in some other games I play. You can join a guild any time but if you do so during a guild event you won't count with your points nor you will receive any reward.
Which is ok, because if you joined the guild to stay, you can contribute and be rewarded in the next events. If you did it to ****, too bad, no reward for you.
DMD
4f186 (VIP10) my account
Pixel, Love, Autumn, IceCream, Guardian All 98****, Cosmos 92****, NO SIGILS
Unique dragons: 473 + 53 in inventory
5.91 Mil friendship pts, Sep 09, 2020

the right clan
76448 (VIP10) my wife's [Stopped playing after equipping with sigils]
​Love, Hermes,  Ice Cream, Koth'ez, All 80******, Guardian 80*****, Tayi Zhenren, Zephujin, Pixel, Autumn, Cosmos, Princess, Aphrodite All 80****, Artoba 80***

561bfc (VIP3) test account [INACTIVE]
Baby Game, low level stuff

LavrentLo

Veteran

Windows PC

Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:53 pm
Adam From Gameloft wrote:
Hello everyone.

Over the last couple of weeks we've been focusing our efforts on identifying and blocking the two major exploits that some players are doing to **** within Clan Events. While there are some that are specific to certain events, there are a couple of loopholes that have been bothering you for a little while now. Without going into the details too much, these typically allow a player to spend all their Gems on the event, then force a disconnection to allow them to reload the game with their Gems intact. This exploit is used in a variety of ways, but that's essentially the concept.

Well, we have now implemented two specific fixes on the server that will prevent any player from attempting this sort of trick ever again. We're very hopeful that the solutions will prevent any of this sort of trickery from happening again. We spent some time to come up with the best solution to this, and we believe Clan Events should now be impenetrable. Of course, if it turns out a new exploit of means of cheating is discovered, the community's help in getting to the bottom of it is essential.

We have also initiated a number of bans on players that were found to be cheating, with the length of these bans being dictated by the severity of the ban. If you post on the forum saying you've lost access to your account... well, I'm afraid this is probably why. Maybe next time, don't use exploits.

Thanks to everyone who helped us crack down on these cheaters and find out the core of the problem.

Somehow I missed this post.
But reading it right now I come back to a question that I have asked a very long time ago and that received no answer:
In a game that requires you to be online to be played, how is possible a glitch/exploit like that?

Every transaction should be recorded on the server immediately, especially when we talk about gem transactions.

I have tried multiple games during the years and none of them had rollbacks like DML where sometimes I lost 30min worth of playing.
Well, I do not have high hopes that my question will be answered this time but it worth asking again.
DMD
4f186 (VIP10) my account
Pixel, Love, Autumn, IceCream, Guardian All 98****, Cosmos 92****, NO SIGILS
Unique dragons: 473 + 53 in inventory
5.91 Mil friendship pts, Sep 09, 2020

the right clan
76448 (VIP10) my wife's [Stopped playing after equipping with sigils]
​Love, Hermes,  Ice Cream, Koth'ez, All 80******, Guardian 80*****, Tayi Zhenren, Zephujin, Pixel, Autumn, Cosmos, Princess, Aphrodite All 80****, Artoba 80***

561bfc (VIP3) test account [INACTIVE]
Baby Game, low level stuff

Vanessa.2m

Google Play (Android)

Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:40 pm
Hello,
This week, 10 top 50 clans were stripped of their members over the weekend, and filled after league allocation on Sunday.
If we deduct those who already have Plume (thanks to this method), there are not many clans left that play fair. Of course, in most cases, leaders don't take much risk since they keep their clan.
Another sad observation.
@Adam, @Nesi, we will surely do the same since it seems to be tolerated. Normally we will not be punished, otherwise it will be unfair.
no avatar

Jack_2020

Google Play (Android)

Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:24 pm
Whether it is cheating or not, this problem does not affect Gameloft's earnings, so no one responds to this thread. Not impacting earnings, Adam and Nesi will not respond simply because Gameloft doesn't care.