Something is not right? You have a suggestion to make? Let us know right here, right now!

Adam From Gameloft

Community Manager

Google Play (Android)

Cheating in Clan Events

Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:03 pm
Hello everyone.

Over the last couple of weeks we've been focusing our efforts on identifying and blocking the two major exploits that some players are doing to **** within Clan Events. While there are some that are specific to certain events, there are a couple of loopholes that have been bothering you for a little while now. Without going into the details too much, these typically allow a player to spend all their Gems on the event, then force a disconnection to allow them to reload the game with their Gems intact. This exploit is used in a variety of ways, but that's essentially the concept.

Well, we have now implemented two specific fixes on the server that will prevent any player from attempting this sort of trick ever again. We're very hopeful that the solutions will prevent any of this sort of trickery from happening again. We spent some time to come up with the best solution to this, and we believe Clan Events should now be impenetrable. Of course, if it turns out a new exploit of means of cheating is discovered, the community's help in getting to the bottom of it is essential.

We have also initiated a number of bans on players that were found to be cheating, with the length of these bans being dictated by the severity of the ban. If you post on the forum saying you've lost access to your account... well, I'm afraid this is probably why. Maybe next time, don't use exploits.

Thanks to everyone who helped us crack down on these cheaters and find out the core of the problem.

ogreve

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Netherlands

Re: Cheating in Clan Events

Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:14 pm
Wow!
I see the various threads about bans and also see you being 100% resolute this time about there being no room for error in the bans.
I have to say... play with fire and be prepared to get burnt. Soooo.... if indeed GL got the che.ater-tracking algorithm correctly I give the team a big thumbs up! It's good to see che.ating clans being punished! Let's hope it will now for once and for always be fixed. :)

+1 for stopping the che.ats and ch.eaters! :)
-O.
With the heart of a dragon we ride!

Very proud Wahóóóóó clan leader!
Let those Wolves' and Does' wahooooooooooos sound in all forests around the globe! 

Looking for a few new active friends!
18+, Level 80+.
No score minimums, Fun and Friendship above High Scores and Glory! International chat (English, Spanish, German, Russian, ...). 
Come run and have fun with the Wolves and Does! ;)

Fighters: 20 at 100/8*.

Adam From Gameloft

Community Manager

Google Play (Android)

Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:18 pm
Thanks ogreve.

Just so it's clear since I added some info about the process in other threads, we can track every action that a player sends to the server and so we tracked the number of recipes completed in an event and saw some rather appalling numbers. One or two over the limit we can accept as a one time and honest mistake (or perhaps a cheeky attempt at getting a helping hand in an event(, but for players who have completed numerous more recipes than the limit, well it's clear that these players were not making an honest mistake.

Ancient_Avenger

Google Play (Android)

Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:24 pm
I can only say, Thanks Adam and DML team !!

Let's hope those players don't find more holes in the clan events.

Vanessa.2m

Google Play (Android)

Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:25 pm
It's great to fight against fraud, I'm very happy to read this. But our players didn't ****! You should review your method of identification, it is not ready.
I am really very disappointed with this way of doing things. We have always played honestly. It's really unfair Adam to ban players who haven't done anything wrong and penalize us like that. I don't even know how I'm going to motivate them to keep playing after that. Fix it Adam please. 😥
LesColleguesDeDml - Le Dragon Rubis
Androïd EUR 6a46c0 - a3fd76 

misty_1458

Google Play (Android)

Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:29 pm
Good news!!

I wonder if maybe you find other glitches in the bottomless dungeon? I've seen players hit 45,000 KOs in a week, that's roughly one KO every 13 seconds playing ALL POSSIBLE HOURS, without taking a break. These are details that concern me and I hope that has been revised as well.

Adam From Gameloft

Community Manager

Google Play (Android)

Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:31 pm
As I said in the other thread, Vanessa, we counted how many recipes were completed by each and every single participant of the Clan Event - and we know that there is a hard limit of 35 possible recipes to be completed, so if your clan members have been banned, it has been because their profiles, for whatever reason, have counted quite a few more than this 35 limit.

Of course we are willing to give the benefit of the doubt and we can investigate it to see if there has been some error, but I do not believe this to be the case.

EdenH

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:31 pm
Great news Adam, thanks. 
People who **** in dungeon next?   ;) :D
I don't play anymore

Adam From Gameloft

Community Manager

Google Play (Android)

Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:46 pm
We are aware of the dungeon issue and we know exactly what they're doing. It's weird, but not really an exploit. We are continuing to keep an eye on it, but since it does not impact any other players, it is not a high priority.
no avatar

Cat_of_the_Space

Google Play (Android)

Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:00 pm
Hey Adam, don't touch the dungeon! This is not a glitch or a bug! We found this tactic, so why not use it?