Something is not right? You have a suggestion to make? Let us know right here, right now!
no avatar

CoralSnake

Google Play (Android)

Is the Poison skill useless right now ?

Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:46 pm
Since I managed to get the Loki dragon in the Castle event, I wanted to try it out and see if it could fit well on my team. I leveled him up, enchanted him and gave him a blue sigil of Witchcraft to enhance both his Poison and his Shadow skills. However, I noticed that in battle he was doing way less damage than my Tiger dragon which has the same level and is equipped with a blue Purity sigil... Looking at the numbers it makes sense: a blue sigil of Witchcraft increases negative effects by 216 % (which includes Plant and Shadow damage over time if I'm not wrong) while a blue sigil of Purity give a whopping +494 % in direct damage...

I remember that before the sigils were introduced, the Poison skill was very strong especially with Infection. Is there any point using Poison instead of Fire, Light or Energy right now ? This also applied to the Shadow skill to some extent, although the latter at least has some utility with Frightened Speechless...
no avatar

Han Eddie

Google Play (Android)

Yeah, with the introduction of sigils, effects of DOT skills become kinda useless. I have one dragon with Blue Purity and Daredevil equipped and it can one shot enemy dragon 8 levels higher. So in that case, Void skill seems better because it can heal the attacking dragon from 30% to 100% health, that's insane.
no avatar

Menderingvirgo

Google Play (Android)

That is actually normal, if your tiger dragon had high health and you have equipped him with purity, then it is normal that tiger has a higher attack than loki, another thing is that the opponent that you attacked may have a sigil that is against the DOT skills
no avatar

CoralSnake

Google Play (Android)

Sure, Purity works better with high health dragons but if you also have a dragon with the Water skill this should almost never be an issue. Plus, you can also equip the Daredevil sigil on top like @Han Eddie is doing. The only reason I use Havoc instead is that I can do certain dungeon missions more easily (Defeat 2/3 dragons with 1 blow). And if the enemy dragon has skills to reduce direct damage such as Stone shield, you can just use Ancient/Void/Energy skills to remove them.

Another drawback of DOT skills is that their effect cannot be enhanced by the Divine blessing unlike direct damage, so it looks like the skills are pretty unbalanced at the moment. I think the effect of Witchcraft should be increased at least for the Poison and Shadow elements, otherwise even some Divine/Ancient dragons can be pretty useless...
no avatar

Mikeqw

Google Play (Android)

If Loki gets a blue acceptance and an ancient does a mass leech with blue wonder + witchcraft then Loki's infection will also get about 800% stronger.
Odin, Firestorm, Machine, Shaman, Aloha, Bubble, Molim, Artoba all 100-8*
Since June 2017
no avatar

Realmadrid78

Google Play (Android)

Suggest that gameloft create a long time shields if players cant log some days they not be attaked?
no avatar

bigbear372

Amazon Mobile (Kindle)

It's definitely not useless but to get reasonable damage out of the poison you have to work the sigils right.   Even when they are not all that strong they are still useful against evasion and rebirth and frightened speechless is always useful regardless of the damage. 

Like the other post said, using things like acceptance, wonder in combination with witchcraft and then positive effects like divine blessing and or damage or mass leech work pretty well.

On one of my kids accounts i help out with she has Artoba with (green) wonder and (blue) witchcraft, and damage leech and enchantment mirror.  The team has Growth synergy activated so Wonder sigil gets and extra 25% boost.  On the 1st turn the poison will do ok damage, but if we use the ancient attack first and then use the plant infection attack the next turn it's damage goes up 3x give or take for both the initial base damage and the infection damage as well. The other nice option for that dragon is that it also has Metal attack and Final vengence.   Casting final vengence on the team especially when the other team does alot of AOE attacks is brutal.  Most dragons on other teams don't survive 1 turn if they land an AOE on the target dragon.  

The nice thing about this combo as well is that it doesn't ever change no mater your health and it's not a % chance attack.  Only down side is to get full effect you do have to use the ancient damage leech 1st and again on the 3rd turn but the fight is typicaly just about over by then any way, just clean up ;)