Something is not right? You have a suggestion to make? Let us know right here, right now!

cryscryb

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Re: The Final Journey - Part 2

Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:29 pm
stachysI don't understand why minion collection completion time affects minion count after refresh, it shouldn't matter at all

I didn't think anything affects anything after a refresh ends. I thought what we do and when we first log in (and keep logging in) during a refresh is what affects things, but maybe that’s what you meant? Apologies if I misinterpreted. If you mean late collection start time shouldn't affect the ability to complete it, I completely agree. 🙂

Yes, it would be really nice (and a vast improvement) if we had some more flexibility on when we log in. It's hard enough to log in every 6 hours, we ideally shouldn't have to log in in the first 30 minutes of that hour too (and multuiple times afterwards), in order to avoid losses. That’s a bit too demanding in my book. Logging in anywhere in the 6 hours (maybe twice at most), ideally people should be able to complete stuff with enough time given to do the standard tasks, as is possible with many of the other tasks. That would be a nice balanced and fair improvement that shows it respects people's time, and the fact that we have very busy lives. 🙂
Asking/checking before conclusions?  Relics from a former era? Patience, is it going extinct? Outrage and hostility, is it catching? Tech is shaping our cognitition, is it for the better?

- DML - VIP maxed, will not spend money again until the game is fixed
- Thanks for fixing this divine event and readjusting Sigils GL!
- Join us at the Wiki - http://dragon-mania-legends.wiki/Main_Page
no avatar

stachys

Windows PC

Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:43 pm
If I understand Adam correctly, the longer the pause between the last one caught, the more new ones will appear after refreshing. Then you are right that it is important when we log in for the first time because it decides, when you catch all, it will still determine the number of new ones after refreshing. So if you start late and finish late, you have little after refreshing and need more time to catch them all, so you end up later and have even less, and with each refresh you have less chance of completing them successfully.

So the question is: if I give up catching everyone because the time is too short, what does the time interval have to be in order to have the full pot at once after refreshing and end up catching all of them quickly?
Why is the minion count in the new refresh tied to the completion of the previous one? After all, all points reset.

cryscryb

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:48 pm
Yeah, if that's correct, that’s waaaaay too demanding of a setup. I interpreted it to mean that if there's a long pause of collecting at the end of an event, we just tend to notice more when the new one starts, which is probably not a correct interpretation. Some further clarification as to that would be helpful. I hope they consider the improvement suggestions either for this castle (and all going forward) or for the next one (and all going forward from that) and add it to the existing burnout/exhaustion and fun/work/life balance ask, as an addendum. 🙃

And to cross-link a new post discussing this same issue with the event and it's flying creatures:
https://forum.gameloft.com/viewtopic.php?f=1804&t=706944&p=4053670#p4053492
Asking/checking before conclusions?  Relics from a former era? Patience, is it going extinct? Outrage and hostility, is it catching? Tech is shaping our cognitition, is it for the better?

johnna1975

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:22 pm
I think Crys you are right and the fact that leaving one creature to spawn supports that. It seems though that sometimes it is not being triggered and working the old way before they tweaked it. 
So as opposed to solo events where where they spawn only in certain tiers hence limited by the countdown only, here the combination of countdown and pools should make the tiers time limit not affect the way they spawn, but apparently something goes wrong with the timer either for the whole community or for individuals in that case. 
I find that if they implemented the way it is working in solo events it would have been much better because there you see the countdown which gives a reference that you collected all the creatures from the pool and the new creature in the new pool has just started spawning.
It would be also easier for the devs to control it that way and prevent the creatures from not spawning. Much better would be a counter for us with the pool and countdown. Despite our repeated educated guesses of a pool of 50 with a 3 minutes countdown they still seem to want and keep it vague. Not quite sure what kind of big secret it is that they don't make it transparent.
If this is really the case it should work like in T6 this the way they see it:
T00:00: collect 50 which is 350 points.
T02:30: enter after 2.5 hours to collect another 50 for 350.
T03:15: enter after 45 minutes to collect the rest of 15 creatures for 100 points.
T05:45: The pool is full and 50 creatures spawn again
T06:00: enter after 02:45 in the beginning of the new reset to collect 50 again since the pool has  been full for 15 m
And so on...
It seems they do the math correctly but they donÄt really play the game to understand how tedious that is, and they don't have a plan B for cases when it is failing to work correctly. 
I still remember that when it happened to me in one of the first castle events and I filed a ticket to CC I got the answer that the description clearly says: there is only a chance of collecting all items, which I found very rude because they wouldn't admit that it is just not working correcty and keep the information about countdown and pools was deliberately kept a secret to prevent the need to compensate if we donÄt know what we should get.
Hopefully that has changed by now and filing a ticket would give all those players the missing orbs.
YoniHaimovich/ b0248f/ 5. 11.2015/ 696 unique dragons/  Molim, Zeus, Plushie, Skully, Gentelman, Polar Bear, Sumo, Love, Briar, Crumbly all 100 8*/ ID: d2460h
Yoni Sleepovich/ 60b8a2/ 30.5.2016/ 694 unique dragons/ Molim, Torch, Hades, Posh, Springtime, Skully, Sumo, Autumn, Vortex, Crumbly all 100 8*/ Id: 82d0c4
Level 160 Proud Leader of DMD and DMD2
Both Android Eur
no avatar

stachys

Windows PC

Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:48 pm
There is also a possibility that someone in GL bought too few creatures (for the pool of 750 and not 850) and now, when the next players reach l6, they started to be missing on the server.

P.S. johnna you seem very close to the truth
no avatar

stachys

Windows PC

Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:03 pm
I am frustrated because after 3 hours I still miss 430 points that have just been lost, it's time to go to sleep to save at least some of the points from the night refreshment in the morning.

The introduction of a counter and probably a clock would clearly limit the possibility of getting all creatures. Although in solo events it is common for creatures to fly earlier than points can be earned for them, which is the opposite of the current situation.

EdenH

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:14 pm
After the first level 2/2 and the second 3/5, the rest have had the key in the last chest. Not enjoying this
Member of DMD2
Android eur player, 552 dragons
Main team: Odin 100 8☆ Freya 100 8☆ Fall 100 8☆ Chrono Zeus 100 * Chrono Seth 100 8* Chrono Isis 100 5*
no avatar

binkiejean

Windows PC

Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:52 pm
My key has been in last chest every level Im in level 5. and need to collect last chest in 5 too. so either fight for it or dont but quit crying here! Work for it prove we dont have to pay to win!

cryscryb

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:46 pm
I'm having better luck leaving one spawned too (Soupupmi's mentioned this trick during the old config), and checking it at the very beginning of the cycle, then in again and again. I don't know about you guys, but checking in at the 6 hour change over, and having to check in 4~ more times?... that's just too much imho and not reasonable. That’s 20 times a day. Maybe if it was a pet, a job, or a kid I could see that level of commitment or better. My job didn't need me to check in 20 times a day, and I worked for government in the last one, who has an insane amount of meetings, and meetings seemingly about meetings lol. 😂 I'm trying to imagine someone with a demanding job checking in 20 times a day...

LadyDraco

Veteran

Windows PC

Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:52 pm
cryscryb wrote:
I don't know about you guys, but checking in at the 6 hour change over, and having to check in 4~ more times?... that's just too much imho and not reasonable. That’s 20 times a day. Maybe if it was a pet, a job, or a kid I could see that level of commitment or better. My job didn't need me to check in 20 times a day, and I worked for government who has an insane amount of meetings, and meetings about meetings lol. 😂

I tried that today .. I'm just not getting them all.
I have never   had  this  much of  an issue  with the  critters... EVER ..
Leader  of  WolfPack
I go by LD  there.. 
590 Happy Dragons on Islands
Always  looking for  active  ADULT players.
my code: aaa82c 
I always  gift ,at least every day .