Something is not right? You have a suggestion to make? Let us know right here, right now!
no avatar

ukrneal

Amazon Mobile (Kindle)

Dragon Teams

Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:14 am
So I have a lot of food and I want to change my team. Just tired of the same guys after 1-2 years with no change in my top 3 dragons. 

I wanted to get some advice as I make the adjustment:
1. I currently have a staggered team where my first three dragons are two levels apart (for example 82, 80, 78. All lower dragons are 77 or lower. This approach lets me win pretty much everything. It does cause some occassional complications in castle, but surprisingly rarely. If I change to 5-6 dragons at the same level, will I run into any problems (because they are all the same level)? 
2. My current lead dragon is sunrise, which has wind, light and shadow. I like this combo, because I can attack/defend with wind, 'double' attack with shadow, and attack all three opponents with light. I am considering whether to change Sunrise out. TO do that, one of these has to be replaced with Ancient, Divine, or Legendary (ADL) and I really dislike them. Wind is critical to my strategy in the opening position (that will stay in any build), so wondering whether to replace one of the skills with ADL and which of the remaining two it should be. I don;t mind exchanging plant for shadow either, but having three shadow dragons in most castle events has been helpful. Or, should Sunrise stay as one of my epics on the team. I dislike the idea of having all dragons on my team having a mostly useless attack. 

I currently have: Sunrise (82), Wolf (80; shadow, plant, void), and Ba Jiao Gui (78; shadow, lightning, water) followed by Cancer (77; Legendary, water, shadow), Oyar (77; Ancient, Divine, Fire) and Bludgeon (77; Fire, Wind, Metal). I don't like bludgeon, but I occassionally needed a higher level metal and he was always my highest level metal, so I just kept dragging him along. I want to retire him for sure. I am not currently using sigils, so that is not a consideration for now. 

I'm not gonna worry myself too much about enchanted stuff (I have a decent stash, though I'd like to keep one or two of my current top 5 in the rotation to help ease that and sunrise would be the natural fit being he highest level already and a dragon I like). Perhaps it would just be temporary.   I don;t want that to be the main consideration. You might laugh, but I want to focus on dragons I like the look of and those that resonate with me in some way.  So not sure yet if this will be a total revamp or just a partial revamp. 

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!
no avatar

Mikeqw

Google Play (Android)

Re: Dragon Teams

Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:24 am
With blue sigils (Witchcraft, Wonder, Acceptance) and the combination of mass leech and mass blessing you can increase the attack strength by a factor of 30, which corresponds to about 20 levels. However, this mainly works for direct and area damage. This means that mass leech, mass blessing fire, light and energy are the most important weapons.
Odin, Firestorm, Machine, Shaman, Aloha, Bubble, Molim, Artoba all 100-8*
Since June 2017
no avatar

ukrneal

Amazon Mobile (Kindle)

Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:06 pm
Too many words I guess. Let me ask a simpler question: Do most people keep their top dragons as the exact same level or do you have them at different levels?

johnna1975

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:42 pm
Since the element restricted events appeared it common to level up most/all elements to the same level or max 2 levels apart in order to deal all those events. Sigils sort of messed up that math so it is hard to answer it in a way. On the other hand you wouldnt give a rare sigil to a low level dragon just to make ita match to your top dragon so I guess the answer is it is still valid to level up your flight to the sme level, preferrabally start with 5-6 so your progress wont be too slow. Having a flight of 12 from the beginning might be too frustrating progress wise.
It correspond also with the thread about materials. Better count the mats you own and not level up too many of the same rarity if you dont have enough mats for it, i.e. legendaries for many players.
YoniHaimovich/ b0248f/ 5. 11.2015/ 700 unique dragons/  C. Aphrodite, Oi'ra, Molim, Zeus, Plushie, Skully, Gentelman, Polar Bear, Sumo, Love, Briar, Crumbly all 100 8*/ ID: d2460h
Yoni Sleepovich/ 60b8a2/ 30.5.2016/ 700unique dragons/  Torch, Hades, Posh, Springtime,  Autumn, Vortex,  Id: 82d0c4
Level 160 Proud Leader of DMD and DMD2 and helping The Unburnt
Both Android Eur