Something is not right? You have a suggestion to make? Let us know right here, right now!

LadyDraco

Veteran

Windows PC

Re: Update Incoming: Clan Changes!

Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:40 pm
And issues  that happen with Android  and  Windows and  other  platforms are  Never  the same..
At least that is what I  have  noticed...
Leader  of  WolfPack
I go by LD  there.. 
Always  looking for  active  adult players.
my code: aaa82c 
I always  gift ,at least every day .

no avatar

LavrentLo

Veteran

Windows PC

Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:35 pm
Wow

I really feel bad for GL on this one. 
Even though I stopped playing the game for 1.5yrs (cause you know, game too demanding + RL got in the way) I see today the same complaints about clans as 2-3 years ago.

For me it was always that the clan is about a mass of people working together for a common goal.
I don't think is GL's fault that:
- some people do not want to play competitively
- some people do not feel loyal to their clans and they don't try to do their best.
- some clans want to stay small even though they are max level
- some people are just wanderers that ride on a clan while they can and then move to the next one

I see that now GL tried to address the problem by changing the rules based on the number of members in a clan and still most of the people don't like it.

I know there is a lot of work for the clan leader to recruit all the time active members, to check their members to see if they perform or not.
But is the same in the real life. Do you think my boss will just recruit people and never care to check and see if the're doing their job?
Noooop. Never gonna happen.

I think that whatever they will do on this one there will be always some people complaining as they will try to get the situation adjusted to their clan.

One thing that I agree is wrong with the clans is that we can get power boosters only during the weekend. For sure there is no fun to do 30-40 quests per day during the weekend, especially that the number of coins is limited to 1000. That said, after the 10-11th clan quest you only do them for the power boosters. This will burn out a lot of competitive players and we already asked to be able to gain power boosters during the events too.

Everyone that knows me a bit can say that I came with a lot of ideas of improvement (rants if you want) but I never was a big-big critic of the clan system (maybe with few narrowed to the point, exceptions).

But as I said, for me a clan is 50people working together for the same goal. (Why 50? because no matter how small your clan is eventually will have the same limit as all the other clans at max level)
Otherwise we will have to make clans of 1person to adjust everybody. And even then I think there will be some complaining.

Good luck GL, you will really need it on that matter.
WIN-eur, DMD

4f186
Pixel, Love, Autumn, IceCream, Guardian All 90****, Cosmos 84****, Crystal 50*
Unique dragons: 437 + 4 in inventory
Play on Windows PC, and Windows Phone
5.47 Million friendship points on May 06, 2020

​Love, Hermes, both 80****** Guardian80*****, Pixel, Autumn, Ice Cream,  Cosmos All 80****

561bfc
Baby Game, low level stuff

no avatar

Lennard

Google Play (Android)

Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:44 am
Glad to read You are constantly working to make the clan experience better, but the result is right the opposite.
Not only the new membership list is a real downgrade, same is the new system of leagues, which dooms most clans to bounce permanently in between leagues.
In addition to that we are grinding the whole weekend for powerups to level our clan dragon, just to be running to nowhere after we passed the last milestone, depending the league we are currently in on the first or third day.

Please bring back the old membership list
Please give us the possibility to gain Power Ups during clan events
Please add at least one or two new milestones (for sugarrush one in 12 million and and one more far)
Please we do not want higher milestones, we want additional higher milestones
Please change the new league system, at least for our clan the old one was far better

Edit
@LavrentLo
Thanks for the wishes for good luck! If the first four points are changed to something that works better then what we have now, I could arrange with the bouncing in between leagues and an unreachable feather dragon.
But at the moment in 4th we reach all milestones in the first day, but have no change to win because there is always at least one top 50 clan ahead us who also got degraded, so we are just running to reach fifth again, just to be degraded the next event. If first 25 would stay in fifth, at least we would have no top 50 in 4th. I believe for them it is even more frustrating, because they overrun the milestones within hours.
no avatar

LavrentLo

Veteran

Windows PC

Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:59 am
@Lenard

Good luck with your initiative and I don't know what GL will do with the clans. But I can tell with high confidence what they won't.
For sure they won't go back to the old clan system.

The same way people were asking about 4 years ago the removal of Enchanted League.
Not only the EL is still there but it gained another 4 stars for enchanting (initially the max level was 4 yellow stars).

But a thing that they can do to improve is to allow us to gain power boosters during clan events too. There are players leaving the game or the clans and/or retiring in non demanding clans. I think they will do that but I hope will do it sooner than later.
WIN-eur, DMD

4f186

​Love, Hermes, both 80****** Guardian80*****, Pixel, Autumn, Ice Cream,  Cosmos All 80****

561bfc

wojtek869

Windows PC

Polska

Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:06 pm
Adam!
I am asking you for a clear declaration:
Is GL going to change the clan quests system that is used to generate energy for the clan dragon?

At present, the system used in events (Siege, Race and EW) and when collecting energy for the clan dragon is the same.
While it works well in events, it doesn't work when collecting energy. To collect the necessary amount of energy to raise the clan dragon to level 10 we need to do these tasks much more than during events.
And here the problem begins. For example: we can't do mine and side balltes quests because we just don't have them. Yesterday I got all my mines to win, and a lot of side quests. Since the end of the event, I've already won all mines and side battles. And as I get quests related to these activities I have to reset them. And I get them often.

I suggest the following changes:
1. Because we never do clan quests for an event and for a power booster together, I suggest creating separate systems for both cases. Leave Clan quests for events unchanged, and create a new system for collecting energy for the clan dragon.
2. Change the refresh time for clan quests for collecting energy to 1h
3. Change clan quests:
a ) conquer fo mines - 1 mine (and the quest would not appear if there is no mine to conquer)
b) DF quest -use 3 × DF
c) win side battles - win 3-5 side battles
d) EL quests - win 2 EL battles
e) Arena quest - win 3-5 battles in Arena
f) KO's quest - earn 8-12 KO's
g) score PH - earn 8-12 PH
I would leave the remaining quests unchanged.

Such a new system would allow us to collect energy more efficiently and efficiently.
At the moment, the game requires VERY great commitment from us during weekend days. We do not have time to rest after a week of work (school), family, friends or our duties.

THIS SITUATION IS UNACCEPTABLE FOR A LONG TIME.

I mean, We can function like this for 2-3 weekends, but then players will give up clan quests during the weekend. This will mean that the clan dragon will be at a lower level, which in turn will cause frustration during clan events. I think that was not the idea when GL was creating a new clan dragon system.

I think that in the long run players will leave the game (I'm considering it myself).

Please, think about these changes and answer the players.
Adam, can we hope it will be changed?

Wojtek
Recruitment Code: f44046 Windows [EUR]
Started playing: November 6, 2017
Member of DMD Win Eur
no avatar

LavrentLo

Veteran

Windows PC

Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:22 pm
@Adam
wojtek has raised a very good point here. Usually during the weekend we didn't win side quests and mines to be able to have them during the events. But now if we want to max level for the dragon we have to do that during the weekends too. So either way we will end up me ssing with the dragon level or with the events. Not good.

@wojtek
1h for reset? be careful what you wish for as this means you will have to chek in more often.
DD has 1h reset and I don't play at all (well the last one desn't count because it was the first one after a big break from the game and I thought they changed something, but for sure the other that will come I won't play it, you need too reset the dragons too often and the game gives you the same stuff)
Indeed this is not a sustainable pace and more and more players will leave. I already left once, so it will be even more easier second time for me.

Thanks.
WIN-eur, DMD

4f186

561bfc

wojtek869

Windows PC

Polska

Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:18 am
@wojtek
1h for reset? be careful what you wish for as this means you will have to chek in more often.
DD has 1h reset and I don't play at all (well the last one desn't count because it was the first one after a big break from the game and I thought they changed something, but for sure the other that will come I won't play it, you need too reset the dragons too often and the game gives you the same stuff)
Indeed this is not a sustainable pace and more and more players will leave. I already left once, so it will be even more easier second time for me.

@LavrentLo
I meant that I could spend a part of the day to the game and then faster refreshment will allow me to gain energy more efficiently. I didn't mean I would play all day.
With the current rules, I have to play all day because I won't get the required amount of energy.
Recruitment Code: f44046 Windows [EUR]
Started playing: November 6, 2017
Member of DMD Win Eur

Adam From Gameloft

Community Manager

Google Play (Android)

Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:17 am
Hi wojtek - unfortunately I can't give you the clear information that you're hoping for because these details are not yet solidified for us, either. However, the team are very aware of the cost of Power Boosters both in terms of time and energy needed to collect and it is something that they are exploring. This may mean reduction in the amount needed or some other method, but until it is settled I cannot confirm anything to you about this.
no avatar

Ellies

Windows PC

Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:51 am
Adam, please let us know if there are going to be changes to who can push the participation button.
We have decided to sit out Emerald wars and have a rest. Unfortunately one of our members is powering up the dragan and is not responding to clan chat. 
We are now on tenderhooks to see if they are going to put us in the event. Please ask the powers that be to allow the button to only be pushed by the leader and co-leaders. Thanks.
Ellies...Co-Leader of Aussie DRINKERS cLUB.
Windows 10..apa
Friendship code...a97901.
Always room for active players over level 60.
Currently in 10th place on top clan leaderboard.

ogreve

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Netherlands

Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:36 am
....in wake of what Ellies wrote....
Can the buttons for switching to activate any of the non 'recommended' clan dragons be disabled between clan events?
The activate button is so easily mistaken by players who want to power up the clan dragon. This has already happened several times in our clan. Fortunately so far it has never happened in the last hour prior to the start of a clan event, but that's bound to happen to someone too sooner or later.
For clans that don't have any applicable dragon the above doesn't apply of course, but I'm sure all other clans would be happy with the above proposed protection against accidental clan dragon switching.

-O.
With the heart of a dragon we ride!

Very proud Wahóóóóó clan leader!
Let those Wolves' and Does' wahooooooooooos sound in all forests around the globe! 

Looking for a few new active friends!
18+, Level 80+.
No score minimums, Fun and Friendship above High Scores and Glory! International chat (English, Spanish, German, Russian, ...). 
Come run and have fun with the Wolves and Does! ;)

Fighters: 13 at 100/8*, 3 at 100/7* (due to poor dungeon limitation).