Something is not right? You have a suggestion to make? Let us know right here, right now!

EdenH

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Re: Warm Warriors - Solo

Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:05 pm
Kairy wrote:
Thank you, Carol!

I was actually surprised that the Scarf dragon was on tier 8; last couple Solo events, the main prize dragon was on the second to last tier (with the final tier containing some bonus things like extra gems/divine tickets). Not too happy about that change.

Another change which makes it even worse is the gems required to skip a task. In the past events, it only cost between 1-5 gems per item. In this event, it costs 15 gems to skip (just going off of memory; I'm sure a Wiki or something of a past event has the actual numbers).

This has been the least fun Solo event I've played (I've only been playing for two months, but two months is more than enough time to get a feel for how a game works). In fact, I'm hating this event more than Dragon's Delight...and that's the event I hate the most out of all the events in this game.

Solo events during divine events differ to the "normal ones", that's why the better reward in divine events is in the last tier(the dragon reward has usually been given out in events quite frequently for people, besides newcomers to actually need it)
I also agree that rain is a terrible reward. At leasr put a 2 element ltd rare, but not rain...
I'm hoping tier 3/4 in the castle event doesn't give out a breedable as reward too.. that'd **** a lot of players off..
Proud co-leader of Deadly Dragons!
Android eur player, 350 dragons
Main team: Archangel 70 6☆ Anubis100 8☆

Carol M

Veteran

Windows PC

Dublin, Ireland

Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:00 am
Kairy wrote:
Thank you, Carol!

I was actually surprised that the Scarf dragon was on tier 8; last couple Solo events, the main prize dragon was on the second to last tier (with the final tier containing some bonus things like extra gems/divine tickets). Not too happy about that change.

Another change which makes it even worse is the gems required to skip a task. In the past events, it only cost between 1-5 gems per item. In this event, it costs 15 gems to skip (just going off of memory; I'm sure a Wiki or something of a past event has the actual numbers).

This has been the least fun Solo event I've played (I've only been playing for two months, but two months is more than enough time to get a feel for how a game works). In fact, I'm hating this event more than Dragon's Delight...and that's the event I hate the most out of all the events in this game.

Hi Kairy,

This type of Solo is what we call the 'Standard' Solo, and repeat fairly regularily, with different actions at different levels  There's also the Maze or Castle Solo and then the 'short' or 'Mini' solos you refer to, which usually give Divine tickets.

Each are different and my least favourite is this type.  I much prefer the Maze/Castle solos :)
Zeus, Plushie, Sumo, Vortex, Pixel, Briar, Lantern, Autumn, Firestorm, Warlord, Archangel, Pixie, Reindeer, Crystal, Guardian.  558 unique dragons.
Started 11th January 2015

And they said I wouldn't last - snerk

Proud Leader of the Crazy Train Gang
Also known as 'Your Majesty' p)

johnna1975

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:46 am
For newbies who dont think they may finish the event maybe I could give a litle perspective.
Many of us were clueless when we first had our solo events, and most of us didnt finish our first event.
Geting some hlp from the communiy as such as this great guide from Carol helped us understand it is doable as long as we keep the up with the timers. After a while it was obvious that as tedious as it may be, it is guaranteed to have a new dragon to join into our colection, and it made some sense. If we work a bit harder than our normal playing, we are rewarded with a new dragon. IF you compare it to RNG based elements like DOM DOW Chain breeding Dungeon etc, it is actually comforting to know that for a change there is a guarantee to et a dragon as a reward as long as you are willing to work hard. No one my closer friends gem those events. There is no need for that as long as you keep the timers. 
In this specific event, you could read the relevant article in wiki and see how much time do we actually get to slack.
It takes 4 days 6 hours and 30 minutes to complete it if you play non stop. Since the event is 7 days long you have 2 days 17 hours and 30 minutes to slack, which means there s no need to lose sleep for example, which is sometimes the case during a castle even because the resets are fixed times. That is why I personally prefer solo events. They require me to enter more often during the day but at least not to lose sleep over those events, especially when it is often timezone dependant.
I advice anyone to try to finish such a solo event once to see it is possible. You could always decide after it, you are not willing to bother to do it ever again, but I belive the satisfaction of having a new reward for that small sacrifice of setting the colored timers, is worth it. 
I personally invest more time in the beginning of solo/castle events, so if I finish them ahead of time I may rest. It is better than getting streessed towards the end of the event just because I was slacking too much in the beginning.
My 2 cents.
YoniHaimovich/ b0248f/ 5. 11.2015/ 571 unique dragons/  Zeus, Plushie, Gentelman, Polar Bear all 90 4*/ ID: d2460h
Yoni Sleepovich/ 60b8a2/ 30.5.2016/ 568 unique dragons/ Torch, Hades, Posh, Springtime all 90 4*/ Id: 82d0c4
Crumbley 80 7*
Level 160 Proud Leader of DMD and DMD2
Both Android Eur

Bazylka

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:04 am
Every time I get super lazy and think I don't make it in time and am going to have to skip a solo event, in the end I still make it somehow.

Just like Yoni said, when you have almost 3 days to lose,that's alot. Even when you sleep the timers are still going, so you don't lose all the time while you sleep, especially on the last levels.

Those are the laziest events of all, I like them. I don't set timers, I just do stuff randomly most of the time. I usualy end just before the time runs out.

Baby scarf dragon is kind of cute. I love the idea of dragon wearing socks.

Carol M

Veteran

Windows PC

Dublin, Ireland

Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:50 am
Excellent Post Yoni! 

The only reason I said I probably wouldn't be able to finish this particular Solo, is that I'm currently caring for my Mother (who's improving) and I don't have access to the game when in her home - I don't use a Windows phone and I play on a P.C.   It'll be easier for me when I get to Tier 5 and beyond as the 'wait' times are longer.  Normally I'd finish with a couple of days spare.

One of my little ways to keep on track with this type of Solo is to use the Windows programme Photos (there's plenty of other similar programmes out there) and note down the times for the next full collection - see attached "mess" 😆

Thanks @Bazylka for pointing out the socks!!
Attachments
Solo - Warm Warriors _LI (5).jpg
Solo - Warm Warriors _LI (5).jpg (1.79 MiB) Viewed 188 times
Zeus, Plushie, Sumo, Vortex, Pixel, Briar, Lantern, Autumn, Firestorm, Warlord, Archangel, Pixie, Reindeer, Crystal, Guardian.  558 unique dragons.

LadyDraco

Windows PC

Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:37 pm
I  have  2  more  harvests in rd 6 .. Then it's  rd  7...
And  with Sugar rush going on at the same  time .I just don't know ..
Where  I finish in the  WW event.. BUt I'll do my best..as always..
Leader  of  WolfPack
I go by LD  there.. 
Always  looking for  active  adult players.
my code: aaa82c 
I always  gift ,at least every day .

Mladen90

Google Play (Android)

Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:08 pm
Carol M wrote:
Excellent Post Yoni! 

The only reason I said I probably wouldn't be able to finish this particular Solo, is that I'm currently caring for my Mother (who's improving) and I don't have access to the game when in her home - I don't use a Windows phone and I play on a P.C.   It'll be easier for me when I get to Tier 5 and beyond as the 'wait' times are longer.  Normally I'd finish with a couple of days spare.

One of my little ways to keep on track with this type of Solo is to use the Windows programme Photos (there's plenty of other similar programmes out there) and note down the times for the next full collection - see attached "mess" 😆

Thanks @Bazylka for pointing out the socks!!

Isn`t it easier to just set an alarm after 2/3/4/5/whatever hours?

Carol M

Veteran

Windows PC

Dublin, Ireland

Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:52 pm
@Mladen90, of course we can set alarms if we want to, but as I said previously, I'm not at my P.C. as much as usual these days and I'd rather know when the last time I finished a pool was rather than driving myself even more insane with alarms going off while I'm taking care of my mother.  

Plus I'm a visual person, and my crazy way works for me.  Each to their own :)

Mladen90

Google Play (Android)

Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:08 pm
Of course, it was for normal situations and not for your actual one. Opening software and editing screenshots instead of just set an alarm seems a bit too much complicated.

Anyway, as you said....everyone has their preferred method.

LadyDraco

Windows PC

Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:56 am
Well I'm on rd 8 ..  It's  a tuff  one... I just don't know if I  can manage  Scarf Dragon.
Leader  of  WolfPack
I go by LD  there.. 
Always  looking for  active  adult players.
my code: aaa82c 
I always  gift ,at least every day .