Something is not right? You have a suggestion to make? Let us know right here, right now!

Frozen_Fire

Apple (iOS)

Whale Mart Deals being BAD

Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:11 pm
How is this fair for whale mart deals???
Lv. 35 199 coins for a DOUBLE EGG RELIC
Lv. 65 199 GEMS for a DOUBLE EGG RELIC

Lets not forget the other deal:
Lv. 35 250,000 coins for 500 STEPPING STONES
Lv. 65 DONT HAVE IT

Im starting to hate these whale mart deals I don't understand them now. We get so expensive deals now I don't bother checking them.
Attachments
IMG_0838.JPG
IMG_0838.JPG (1.12 MiB) Viewed 535 times
no avatar

Loller1

Veteran

Windows PC

Re: Whale Mart Deals being BAD

Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:39 pm
Also "Unlimited stock", that's nuts. Like you (I'm level 156), I see 199 gems. That's the equivalent of aprox. 4.800.000 coins. I have VIPx1 where it says Stepping Stones, which again are very cheap indeed. 500 stepping stones cost us 45 gems, which is 900.000 coins.
no avatar

myssy

Veteran

Windows PC

Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:57 pm
Kinda looks like thats a bug..i think there was one that i wrote about some time ago....
unlimited stock isnt supposed to happen at the whale mart and i think the pricing is wrong aswell.
Maybe didnt updated and thats what bugged it out?

Kairy

Google Play (Android)

Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:16 am
That's definitely messed up and unfair (I've only been playing for two months, but already have hit around level 65.  I've been using the Double Egg Relics...picked up via the Dungeon...for just normal breeding after I learned my lesson the hard way not to waste them during the Leo Breeding Blitz event).

That said, it goes with the pattern of mobile games. 
Most mobile games will ease people into their game; they'll make it friendly towards new players (like offering the Double Egg Relic for gold instead of gems in this case) as "hooks" to get people interested and invested in the game.

There were other hooks I recall as a new player; offers for up to 75 gems for achieving a certain thing in another game on a list within DML.  I had put it off, and by the time I decided to do them (as that was when the free Clam membership wore off), the entire option had disappeared.

By then, the game had already sunken its claws into me; that's how it all works.  Once a mobile game has people playing it and investing their time in it (even one as RNG-heavy as this game...or, more like especially one as RNG-heavy as this game), those people are then going to be tempted to spend money to get even more ahead.

With all the time restraints and less than a 1% chance, how many people would be willing to purchase the Fall Dragon if it went into the cash shop even briefly?  Probably a good lot of people.  It's a Legendary dragon with pretty good stats (atk/def) and elements...and looks really cool to boot.  I bet a lot of players would be willing to spend money to purchase it since all the f2p players will have 2-3 days (max) to attempt to breed it (saying they already have the Libra dragon).

It all ties in to those Whalemart prices.  I recall things not costing much in terms of gems when I was lower level, as well.  Things only cost gold and dragon food.  It lulled me into a false sense of security that the game would continue to be fair and fun...
...and then I hit the mid-levels (post level 25) and realized what had happened (thankfully, without spending much on the game).

It's just sadly part of the "mobile game pattern".  DML is one of those mobile games which doesn't make it completely obvious that it's a p2w system (in some cases).  And due to breeding being nearly 100% RNG, things like the Double Egg Relic are going to cost a lot for mid and high level players who need that advantage in the breeding.  Lower level players don't need that much of an advantage in typical breeding situations, but the higher the level, the more chances someone has of also having a Dragon Points dragon unlocked in their breeding pool (and perhaps not having it...which contributes to a possible misbreed).

That's my guess.  The only thing I know for sure is that I'm not spending 199 of my hard-earned/saved gems on the Double Egg Relic; it's extortion at that price and not worth it (again, learned that the hard way when trying to get Leo in the 1-2 days of the Breeding Blitz).
Recruitment Code (Android EUR):  9ace0cb

EdenH

Google Play (Android)

Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:29 am
Not just the fact rhat the deals ****, but while scrolling down to check the offers i accidentallu bought 5 den relics fir 99 gemms which i didn't need.. is it possible to add a "are you sure button?:
Proud co-leader of Deadly Dragons!
Android eur player, 350 dragons
Main team: Archangel 70 6☆ Anubis100 8☆

Bazylka

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:43 am
i didnt have anything for 199 gold, i think that was a glitch?

but yeah more and more people in my clan are complaining that they clicked something and bought accidentally at the whale,because now the shop scrolls back to the start when you buy anything and the cheap offers like arena token are always placed at the right side, while expensive are placed at the left to make you misclick them once the thing scrolls back when you wanna multi-click the smaller offer :/
no avatar

Loller1

Veteran

Windows PC

Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:43 am
EdenH wrote:
Not just the fact rhat the deals ****, but while scrolling down to check the offers i accidentallu bought 5 den relics fir 99 gemms which i didn't need.. is it possible to add a "are you sure button?:

You accidentally clicked that button 5 times?

CritterFeeder

MVP / Dragon Elder

Windows PC

Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:57 am
@Loller1 - the relic offer was 5 for 99 gems...
Attachments
whale.jpg
whale.jpg (253.95 KiB) Viewed 286 times
Device/Platform: Surface Pro running Windows 10
Server: EUR (EUR GOLD)
Game connection: XBox, FB​

Recruitment code game 1: 1c8c00
​Recruitment code game 2:
ac808d
A Dragon for Every Occasion 

Frozen_Fire

Apple (iOS)

Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:00 am
The reason why most people did not get 199 coins for a double egg relic is because it was for lower level people

CritterFeeder

MVP / Dragon Elder

Windows PC

Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:55 pm
Frozen_Fire wrote:
The reason why most people did not get 199 coins for a double egg relic is because it was for lower level people

???? Since when are 158 and 143 lower levels ???
Device/Platform: Surface Pro running Windows 10
Server: EUR (EUR GOLD)
Game connection: XBox, FB​

Recruitment code game 1: 1c8c00
​Recruitment code game 2:
ac808d
A Dragon for Every Occasion