Something is not right? You have a suggestion to make? Let us know right here, right now!
no avatar

cud

Windows PC

Re: Age requirements changed?Or a bug

Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:23 pm
having the same problem set it up for my grandson but I play now cant find a way to even load the game
no avatar

cud

Windows PC

Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:26 pm
Adam From Gameloft wrote:
It is a legal expectation for us to control the access to the game based on your age, and this is regional/country-specific. If you are being blocked from play, it is because of the age restriction in your country. If you have entered your age incorrectly or are the parental guardian of someone underneath the age restriction of your country or region, then you can get in touch with Customer Care to resolve the issue. If you are underage in your region, then sadly that does mean you cannot play.

With regards to remote, not-game access to the customer care, I can understand why we blocked "69" - as I'm sure some of you are - but I've had this problem resolved so the links should now work.  i can not even access the game just comes up not old enough then will not load 

anniesap

Google Play (Android)

Italia

Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:18 am
Lisa Bear Jordan wrote:
Hi, 
my 11 year old daughter recently updated DM to find she can't access the game anymore as she's too young apparently,  although has enjoyed playing it for over a year. She's really upset, and I can't seem to find out how to fix this so she can play again. The site simply won't let her in so we can't go to customer care in the game. Is there a way I can give parental consent or something please?

Follow this link and fill out the form with as much details as you can and explaining your problem:
https://support.gameloft.com/contactus? ... verify=yes

I contacted them yesterday (17/9), but the problem still is not solved....
Leader of ARGYLE Clan, Level 15, League 4, Android EUR
We are looking for members who ARE active!
If you can take actively part in clan events, you are welcome! :-)
(no minimums required)
no avatar

Skbeebie

Apple (iOS)

Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:25 am
Too many DragonmastersWed Sep 18, 2019 1:20 am Is it at all possible to open the game to everyone? My clan members can’t read the chat so they have no idea what’s going on. Please open it so they can see what the problem is. Give everyone a chance.
i have 50 clan members and I don’t know who they are!
no avatar

cud

Windows PC

Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:29 am
Hi, thanks for your question. You do not need to be under 12 years of age to play DML, but certain regions will block you if you are underage. If you have mistakenly entered your age (or intentionally entered in the wrong one) then you can contact Customer Care to get the issue resolved.                                                                                                                                                  cannot cotact cc because once the underage sign comes up game will not load 
no avatar

Lisa Bear Jordan

Google Play (Android)

Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:05 pm
Follow this link and fill out the form with as much details as you can and explaining your problem:

Annisap, many thanks for this....i've contacted them so will wait and see. I've also now been told I'm too young too play (I wish!) And am loathe to start from scratch.....😢

anniesap

Google Play (Android)

Italia

Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:57 am
Lisa Bear Jordan wrote:

Annisap, many thanks for this....i've contacted them so will wait and see. I've also now been told I'm too young too play (I wish!) And am loathe to start from scratch.....😢

You're welcome! :D
The customer care service is a bit slow, in my case the answers came within 8-10 hours after I wrote them...I had to wait 2 days for the problem to be solved, because at the first try they did not manage to send me the screen to re-enter my real age.
Now it's finally solved ;-)
Do not restart from scratch, I think you will be able to solve the problem. :-)
Leader of ARGYLE Clan, Level 15, League 4, Android EUR
We are looking for members who ARE active!
If you can take actively part in clan events, you are welcome! :-)
(no minimums required)
no avatar

sky-_-fight3r

Google Play (Android)

Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:27 pm
Hey I have the same problem and do not know who to contact I have already sent 2 support tickets 3 days ago and no one can help me yet.
no avatar

scallops

Apple (iOS)

Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:03 am
No it isn’t a legal requirement from the UK that players have to be over 16.

There have been regulations in place since 2012 whereby game providers have to ensure that no-one under 12 is playing a 12+ game (which DML appears to be in my Apple Store). So that was in place well before DML was even in existence. So they’ve been breaking that regulation since it’s inception.

There is also GDPR which stipulates that the information you hold about children needs to be treated more carefully that for adults. It does not stipulate that you ban children under 16 from playing a game about dragons when it’s rated 12+. The fact that Gameloft are handling this by banning under 16s is entirely down to them.

There is also the fact that some Customer Services staff are providing Age Confirmation screens (according to this thread) and other are insisting that ID be sent. That is also down to Gameloft. I’ve asked three times to be provided with an Age Confirmation screen and been refused.

Adam From Gameloft

It is a legal expectation for us to control the access to the game based on your age, and this is regional/country-specific. If you are being blocked from play, it is because of the age restriction in your country. If you have entered your age incorrectly or are the parental guardian of someone underneath the age restriction of your country or region, then you can get in touch with Customer Care to resolve the issue. If you are underage in your region, then sadly that does mean you cannot play.

With regards to remote, not-game access to the customer care, I can understand why we blocked "69" - as I'm sure some of you are - but I've had this problem resolved so the links should now work.
no avatar

necro-1000

Google Play (Android)

Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:09 am
You really need to fire the person who came up with the idea to simply block every user which according to data stored (which was never validated) is underage. You have now locked me out of my game without any method of resolution. Customer care is now saying they require a valid ID and, to make matters worse, are asking for me to access parts of the game (accessing the lighthouse) from which I have been locked out due to Gameloft's update.