Something is not right? You have a suggestion to make? Let us know right here, right now!

soukupmi

MVP / Dragon Elder

Windows Phone

Re: Age requirements changed?Or a bug

Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:15 pm
the chat is for 16+, ok, n.p. there, you can still play the game without chatting.
the game itself is listen in Windows Store as 3+, always was and still is.
What gives? Why is it 3+ but playable only for 16+ ?
A dragon, a dragon,
I swear I saw a dragon....
Windows Lumia 650, Windows 10 mobile
Recruitment code: 1e1ec
Playing on Windows [EUR] since 16.1.2015
Top 50 Clan: Angel power (29/50)
- active players welcome
Join us at the Wiki - http://dragon-mania-legends-wiki.mobga.me/Main_Page
no avatar

scallops

Apple (iOS)

Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:36 am
Customer care are asking you to send confidential ID documents to them. Via unsecured methods to someone you have no idea about. Let’s face it we don’t even know if they work for Gameloft. And they aren’t offering everyone the option to go through the Age confirmation screens again. I asked twice to be able to do that.

So if you install the game from scratch you can just enter your age. If you’ve been playing for 4 yrs you need to show them your passport.

They are also denying people access to services they’ve bought by denying them access to the game, without any warning.

Apart from it just being ridiculous that a game like this be unavailable to under 16s (sledgehammer to crack a nut anyone), it is inconsistent behaviour, there are potential data handling issues which could be breaking regulations in these countries you are trying your best to exclude e.g. GDPR and there are Consumer rights issues.

cryscryb

Apple (iOS)

Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:03 pm
scallops wrote:
Customer care are asking you to send confidential ID documents to them. Via unsecured methods to someone you have no idea about. Let’s face it we don’t even know if they work for Gameloft. And they aren’t offering everyone the option to go through the Age confirmation screens again. I asked twice to be able to do that.

So if you install the game from scratch you can just enter your age. If you’ve been playing for 4 yrs you need to show them your passport.

They are also denying people access to services they’ve bought by denying them access to the game, without any warning.

Apart from it just being ridiculous that a game like this be unavailable to under 16s (sledgehammer to crack a nut anyone), it is inconsistent behaviour, there are potential data handling issues which could be breaking regulations in these countries you are trying your best to exclude e.g. GDPR and there are Consumer rights issues.

Are you not able to play at all without sending in ID? Or just not able to chat?

Would be helpful to know of the players who comment previously (just some added context) to help understand the issue better for the rest of us.
- How do I feel when there is no coffee? Depresso

Mladen90

Google Play (Android)

Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:10 pm
cryscryb wrote:
Are you not able to play at all without sending in ID? Or just not able to chat?

Would be helpful to know of the players who comment previously (just some added context) to help understand the issue better for the rest of us.

It was always the first one since the ios/win update....now that also android update arrived a lot more complaints will come.
I`ll repeat it again....for a game that is rated "for everyone" a 16+ restriction to access the game doesn`t make any sense.
Many people will quit.

edit.
1)some will not even understand the reason and after some time they will just delete the game;
2)some will not send a **************(put whatever you want) document for a **** reason like this;
3)some are of course younger than 16 years old and they will not be able to play in any case

cryscryb

Apple (iOS)

Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:31 pm
Mladen90 wrote:
cryscryb wrote:

It was always the first one since the ios/win update....now that also android update arrived a lot more complaints will come. I`ll repeat it again....for a game that is rated "for everyone" a 16+ restriction to access the game doesn`t make any sense. Many people will quit.
edit.
1)some will not even understand the reason and after some time they will just delete the game;
2)some will not send a **************(put whatever you want) document for a **** reason like this;
3)some are of course younger than 16 years old and they will not be able to play in any case

Ah, thank you for clarifying, I see now why people are so frustrated. My apologies for misunderstanding. The way it was before was just fine, if underage no chatting but gameplay is all good. I'd be more than a little upset also. Even if they allow you to play but not chat without proof of ID is more reasonable. I wonder what their reasoning is for this? I wonder if a person had to have a prior GC complaint or something for it to end up this way or if it is just happening in an arbitrary fashion. I read a few parents getting banned temporarily from GC because they let their kids play their game and they spammed/misbehaved and got reported. If it was something like that I could almost understand but this seems a little silly. Sorry you guys are dealing with that. I'd certianly be asking them for some reasons.
no avatar

Kylar Kylar

Google Play (Android)

Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:42 pm
the age restriction probelm becomes real problem ? why not just fix it asap ?

anniesap

Google Play (Android)

Italia

Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:56 am
Since I can no longer access my game after the update (because I installed it for my daughter even though I play it, she's not interested anymore), how can I contact customer care from outside the game?
What is the email address?
I tried reinstalling the gam, but when I connect with my FB account and get back to my original game, the problem comes up again.
So don't bother.
What I don't understand is why this thing came up only now and out of the blue.
Moreover, I really don't think it protects the it's supposed to protect, since they enter a false age in order to play ;)
Leader of ARGYLE Clan, Level 15, League 4, Android EUR
We are looking for members who ARE active!
If you can take actively part in clan events, you are welcome! :-)
(no minimums required)

cryscryb

Apple (iOS)

Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:02 am
anniesap wrote:
Since I can no longer access my game after the update (because I installed it for my daughter even though I play it, she's not interested anymore), how can I contact customer care from outside the game?

If you do decide to contact them, go here and click the "I didn't find an answer to my question" link at the bottom and fill out as much information as you can. 
https://support.gameloft.com/game/6/69

EDIT: Hilarious, it edited out the numbers 6 and 9 together in the link URL?
Seriously Gameloft? We are censoring numbers now in addition to letters? LOL
Whoever programmed this... oh I can't even say it. 

@Adam, can we please stop censoring numbers? This is beyond silly now. Particularily in light of the age restrictions... And discussing scores, inventory items and leage placements or spots on leaderboards lol

anniesap

Google Play (Android)

Italia

Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:35 am
Thank you cryscryb, I will contact them, otherwise I can no longer access the game ;-)

The funny thing is, that I helped my niece (who is 11) install the game last month, and she had to put 16 in the age verification window otherwise she could not play, so now after the update she can play, whereas my game (which was set on my daughter's age, 12, when I installed it 2 years ago) is blocked even though it's me playing it (and I am past my 40's ;-) ).

By the way, I thought the issue of **** censorship was resolved, but that's not the case, apparently....
cryscryb wrote:
anniesap wrote:

If you do decide to contact them, go here and click the "I didn't find an answer to my question" link at the bottom and fill out as much information as you can. 
https://support.gameloft.com/game/6/****

EDIT: Hilarious, it edited out the numbers 6 and 9 together in the link URL?
Seriously Gameloft? We are censoring numbers now in addition to letters? LOL
Whoever programmed this... oh I can't even say it. 

@Adam, can we please stop censoring numbers? This is beyond silly now. Particularily in light of the age restrictions... And discussing scores, inventory items and leage placements or spots on leaderboards lol
Leader of ARGYLE Clan, Level 15, League 4, Android EUR
We are looking for members who ARE active!
If you can take actively part in clan events, you are welcome! :-)
(no minimums required)

cryscryb

Apple (iOS)

Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:44 am
anniesap wrote:
Thank you cryscryb, I will contact them, otherwise I can no longer access the game ;-)

The funny thing is, that I helped my niece (who is 11) install the game last month, and she had to put 16 in the age verification window otherwise she could not play, so now after the update she can play, whereas my game (which was set on my daughter's age, 12, when I installed it 2 years ago) is blocked even though it's me playing it (and I am past my 40's ;-) ).

You're welcome. Yeah that would be frustrating for sure. I hope they solve it for you quickly! :)